"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 10-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #41
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I'm going to ignore you so you might as well go to bed and rest.
Fine! Stomping feet, kicking... I'll come bug you tomorrow

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #42
Certified Pretend Chef

Fingers in ears. "LALALALALALALALALALALALA"

Old 10-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #43
Master Chef

Quote:
Oh bite me!!! Logged back in to see this message I was nearly in bed.
Bye, night, hasta la now now, adios en totsiens!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #44
Certified Pretend Chef

Old 10-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #45
Master Chef

Alix, you're amazing. But then, I already knew that before this thread. The rest of you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I now know that I'm not the only crazy person around here, and that some of you might even be more zany than me. Why, I feel downright ordinary now, and this after raising a P.A.G., a Sprout, and two more who are equally as odd, or is that cool, or is that whacky, or is that wonderful, or is that...
Seeeeeeyua; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire

And I thought my chicken obsessiveness and kitchen habits made me stand out from the DC crowd...I can eat my food if it touches and don't need "grown up" plates with dividers, The things you learn about people. I have a friend like that--I let her serve herself when she comes to my house. I did pick some of those plates up for my mom not too long ago...basic white, but they were for the freezer, not because food can't touch. Here are my questions:

1. Do you let people touch you, Alix? (Obviously, Ken had to touch you at some point for you to have kids <g>).
2. What is on your "cooking bucket list" of things you want to make but haven't yet.
3. Why on earth would you want to eat zebra meat (and, if your sis has been there 15 years, please tell us that the zebra meat hasn't been in your pantry that long).
Old 10-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #47
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Spray the cat with Febreze and chase him around the house. Repeat as needed.

I just choked on my teeth!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #48
Master Chef

Alix;
1. Do you prefer sage or thyme, and why?

2. Would you rather glide through a beautiful lake in the full color of autumn, in a canoe, or white water raft with a professional rafting outfit?

3. Which frightens you more, speaking in front of a large group of people, and finding your notes have been lost, or having an expected desert flop, and have to be served anyway?

4. If offered to you, which would you prefer, a week long pleasure cruise, all expenses paid, or a weekend playing with your grandkids/kids?

5. If you could have any car/truck you wanted, or any motorcycle you wanted, what would you pick, and what model?

6. What's your favorite tree, and why?

7. Through a camera lens, what's your favorite season/view?

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #49
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I just choked on my teeth!!!!
Can't tell ya what I choked on but well Andy does have that way about him. Fa la la la la lalala,
ma
Old 10-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #50
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
So.. what are you making for dinner?
Italian wedding soup for Bugs and I (she's fighting a cold) and a chicken/broccoli/mushroom/pasta experiment for Ken and Madeleine.

1. Do you let people touch you, Alix? (Obviously, Ken had to touch you at some point for you to have kids <g>).

Smart a$$. Just because I don't like gravy leaking into my salad doesn't mean I'm a complete whack job. I AM but you shouldn't have guessed that from the food not touching thing. That's a NORMAL thing!

Yes I let people touch me, I'm a hugger and a hair stroker and pretty touchy feelie. I worked for years in a facility that is "no touch" because of the abuse many of the residents had endured. Do you have any idea how hard it is to comfort a crying kid without stroking their back or hair or giving them a hug??? Its freaking awful! I'm in a better place now, the kids I work with routinely come for hugs, and sometimes they'll lie in my lap and let me play with their hair while we watch TV or read. I believe touch is therapeutic and that kids NEED touch like they need air. I think as we get older we're given the impression that we shouldn't touch as much, or that only our partner should be allowed to touch us with affection. I think that's one reason old people feel so lonely, no one touches them anymore.

2. What is on your "cooking bucket list" of things you want to make but haven't yet.

Make or make successfully? I still have not mastered choux pastry. My cream puffs are more like pucks. I'd like to do a chateaubriand sometime but I'm not jonesing to get at it. I'd also like to play with fondant and do some fancy baking sometime, but again, not in a rush. Cooking for pleasure to me is about whimsy and being in the moment. I cook daily and sometimes its just function, but when I want to play...I just do what I feel like doing.

3. Why on earth would you want to eat zebra meat (and, if your sis has been there 15 years, please tell us that the zebra meat hasn't been in your pantry that long).

I DON'T want to eat zebra meat! My SIL just has an odd sense of humour, much like her brother's! It's been in the pantry a couple of years. I don't plan to ever open it now, but I'm not quite sure what I ought to do with it. It seems wrong to just toss it. I mean it IS a zebra and how many people can claim they have zebra ANYTHING in their pantry?