"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 07-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #21
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I showed my son how to play pull my finger. My daughter got mad at me a few days later because I did not show her too. Now they both love that game.

I'll bet they're getting tired of playing. "Daddy, not again!"

PS: You should probably have their sense of smell tested if they love the game so much.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #22
Chief Eating Officer

They actually get upset with me when they pull my finger and nothing happens. Their mom is not too pleased.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #23
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
They actually get upset with me when they pull my finger and nothing happens. Their mom is not too pleased.
My kids gave up on that one pretty quick. Now, I just go around pulling my own finger...
Old 07-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Chico Resch. Good one. He was a mean bugger with the stick. Lots of ankle bruises doled out during his career. I have been a goaltendr since the late 60's and I was more of a Ken Dryden fan.
I remember a game that Ken Dryden played against the Chicago Blackhawks where Dennis Hull blasted a slap-shot from the left corner of the blue line that hit Dryden in the chest, picked him up and set him on his seat under the net. Bobby was the more famous of the Hull brothers, but Dennis had the meanest slap-shot in the game at the time.

In the same way, BT is most famous (or is that infamous) in his home town for his finger-pull-activated rippers.

Chicago was my favorite team at the time. Of course, when I became an adult and was no longer a brain-challenged teen, I switched my allegiance to the mighty Red Wings, especially in the days of Stevie Y, arguably the best center ever.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #25
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post

do you know why women fart so infrequently?
Well if the average person has about 13 per day then you guys are so FAR over the limit we need to stop so you don't screw up all the averages.

And BT, if there is a woman alive that talks more than you or GW I would be very surprised. Bolas my friend you are starting to join their ranks as well.

I'm still considering my question. Its going to be one of those really deep, think hard for days before you answer questions so be ready.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #26
Sous Chef

What is the first thing you remember cooking?

What is your most-requested dish?
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #27
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post

And BT, if there is a woman alive that talks more than you or GW I would be very surprised.

That's why he posts on here, so he can "talk" all he wants without compromising his abilities to clear a room. (Yes, I laugh at my own jokes )
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #28
Executive Chef

Tom mate I think we should steer clear of the sexist inyourendo for the time being
My question is, as you know I have a long garden and in the summer I am an early riser(05.30 gmt) the bottom padock has a chain link fence that separates my garden from my neighbour's. When I reach that area I often need a pee and I dont want to trek up the garden to the lav.
So my question is, put yourself in my shoes, would you pee on his holyhocks or his clematis or would you invest in incontinence pads?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:10 PM   #29
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
That's why he posts on here, so he can "talk" all he wants without compromising his abilities to clear a room. (Yes, I laugh at my own jokes )
Hey! How did I get pulled into this! That's not fair. And I've never cleared a room because of my verbal exchanges. And Sprout, I'm comin' atcha in October. I will be doing some cooking while at your house. Don't make me break out the ExLax chocolate for your S'mores. And besides, I haven't yet, but could give away one of your nicknames, by your b.i.l.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #30
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
Hey! How did I get pulled into this! That's not fair. And I've never cleared a room because of my verbal exchanges.

I was actually referring to BT, since this thread is about him, not you. I suppose I can see where you got confused since you were included in the quote, so I'll let your outburst slide this time. However, I was definitely not thinking of verbal exchanges as the means to clear a room.