"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 08-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
It's worth it, I'm sure.. and so are other european countries.. have been in north Italy a few times and will travel there again in October
Where is your family?
I'm probably going to butcher the spelling but they are in Munderkeegan.

I love your answers. I'm also a fan of a wide variety of music, much of what you listed. And I'd love to be able to read music better. I'm also a water baby.

Quote:
that's a difficult one - not only the answer, but to put that in english words you understand...
I'm there for other people (family, friends). If they need me, they can count on me, whatever happens.
I would tear out a leg for them. (german saying, probably not english )
Hmmm, we don't have that saying specifically but we have a few that are similar such as "I'd take a bullet for them." What a wonderful trait to value. By the way, I admire anyone who can speak more than one language. I took three years of Spanish in high school and a semester of it in college and off the top of my head the only phrase I can remember is how to call someone a foolish monkey.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
I'm probably going to butcher the spelling but they are in Munderkeegan.
I think, that might be Munderkingen
that about 360miles south of where I live, so - for german proportions at the end of the world

Quote:
Hmmm, we don't have that saying specifically but we have a few that are similar such as "I'd take a bullet for them." What a wonderful trait to value. By the way, I admire anyone who can speak more than one language. I took three years of Spanish in high school and a semester of it in college and off the top of my head the only phrase I can remember is how to call someone a foolish monkey.
I think your bullet would be the right one... again learned something new
english is about to be the only foreign language I speak (btw. writing is much easier, if I miss a word, I can look it up and nobody notices ;o) ), I would like to learn italian, that shoudn't be a problem, and Czech - god, that's no language, that's devils work...

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:22 AM   #13
Senior Cook

If you have a vacation, where do you want to spend your vacation?
Old 08-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #14
Master Chef

this year we go to North Italy near Trento, but in the last years we went eastwards - Poland and the Baltic states, and we will surely go there again next year.

Would love to go to the white nights ind St. Petersburg, but we don't understand russian and can't read cyrillic.. maybe someday we find someone to join ;o)
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 08-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #15
Certified Cake Maniac

Besides German, what is your favourite cuisine and would you rather cook it or eat out?

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #16
Master Chef

Italian - I love the italian cuisine... and I like both, doing it myself and eat out..

but I have to admit, I got a little bit spoiled after the last time I've been in Italy.
You don't find the authentic italian cooking here, it's just this pizza & Pasta-thing, not Anti-Pasti, primi et secundi piato, no dolce, no espresso - and that all included in the meal.
So that's the main reason, vacation is Italy these days ;o)
If we go out for meal, I prefer something else, like Schnitzel, greek or the biergarten (like now - I'm almost on my way)

I have my pasta at home for the quick cooking, when there is time I start with making it myself, and a pizza in the oven is just great on autumn and winter days ,o)
Old 08-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
I give you the german version
It's about football/soccer ;o)

Moin, Moin,

Deutschland spielt bei der EM gegen Holland.
Jogi Löw und seine Spieler unterhalten sich vor dem Match in der Umkleidekabine:
"Hört zu Jungs, ich weiß, die Holländer sind schlecht.", erklärt Jogi.
"Aber wir müssen gegen sie spielen, da ist nichts zu machen..."
"Ich mache Euch einen Vorschlag", sagt Jens Lehmann,
"ihr geht alle in eine Bar und ich spiele allein gegen sie. Was meint ihr dazu?"
"Klingt vernünftig!", antworten der Teamchef und die anderen Spieler
und gehen in eine Kneipe auf ein Bier und spielen Billard.

Nach gut einer Stunde erinnert sich Michael Ballack, dass ja das Spiel läuft und schaltet den Fernseher an:

Deutschland 1 (Lehmann 10. Min.) - Holland 0 zeigt die Anzeigetafel.

Zufrieden widmen sie sich wieder ihrem Billardspiel und dem Bier für eine weitere Stunde,
bevor sie sich das Endresultat betrachten.

Die Anzeigetafel zeigt: Deutschland 1 (Lehmann 10. Min.) - Holland 1 (Davids 89.Min.)

"Scheisse!" schreien alle Spieler und rennen entsetzt ins Stadion zurück,
wo sie Jens Lehmann in der Kabine sitzen sehen, das Gesicht in den Händen vergraben.

"Was zum Teufel ist passiert, Jens?" schreit Klinsmann.

"Sorry Freunde", antwortet Lehmann, "
aber dieser verdammte Schiedsrichter hat mich in der 11. Minute vom Platz gestellt!"
we have a similar joke about 3 Liverpool player taking on the full Everton squad I think.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:41 AM   #18
Master Chef

well, it's just the keeper playing against the Netherlands ;o)
Old 08-08-2011, 02:18 AM   #19
Master Chef

Hi Cara :)
What is your favourite smell?

Describe your personality in 3 words?

If you had to immigrate which country would you choose and why?

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:24 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
well, it's just the keeper playing against the Netherlands ;o)
I got that, in our joke L/pools keeper was sent off after 10 mins and Kenny Dalglish went to the pub.