"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 08-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #1
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Getting to Know - Cara

1. If you could, would you open a restaurant and what would you call it?

2. What do you do in your free time?

3. Who is your hero and why?

Old 08-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
Chief Eating Officer

What is your favorite and least favorite thing about G?

Old 08-07-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
1. If you could, would you open a restaurant and what would you call it?

2. What do you do in your free time?

3. Who is your hero and why?
1. No... I love to cook for myself and friends, but I wouldn't want to have the stress to do that everyday...
But if - for some reason - I would do that, it might be one about traditional German and central European food. Name? Hmm.. I have no idea.

2. spending too much time on the net, love to go out and take photos. Drive around with one of our classic cars.
And since I started playing bag pipes in March, I practice a lot, but not enough
I go out and meet friends as often as possible, it's quite unusual that I have a free weekend like this, when I spent most of the time at home.

3. My heros are definitely my parents. They showed us, how to live a life with respect, love and understanding.
My grandparents, who raised there kids in time of war and expulsion, they managed to stay alive, they lost there homes in the east, but made their livings in a new home.
I do also have a great respect for people who live their principles and believes, don't mind what ever happens.
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:30 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Cara the German people are not noted for their sense of humor, so give us your best joke.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:33 AM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
What is your favorite and least favorite thing about G?

GB, that's rather difficult... *phew*

I love the variety of nature, we have coast, forests, mountains, what ever you like you get it within less than 8h drive.
You can go almost everywhere, not just in parks and monuments or whatever they are called
I'm glad we have the health care system we have, so everyone gets what he/she needs
I love to drive fast on the german Autobahn (well, if it's possible and not to much cars, construction works or speedlimits)
I'm glad about the european Union, so I can travel almost the whole of Europe with no borders and the same money

least favorite thing?
I can't change history, but I'm sad we had this *§%&"$! man almost eighty years ago who destroyed so many things.

There is not much more I dislike about my country, I'm proud to be German..

I'll think of that, maybe something else comes into my mind..
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 08-07-2011, 04:40 AM   #6
Executive Chef

Cara mate as a jew, that was then and as my Dad said there were many fine Germans who suffered first, those who survived made Germany a fine country and the economic engine of the EU.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:58 AM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
Cara the German people are not noted for their sense of humor, so give us your best joke.
translate a german Witz into english?
Old 08-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #8
Master Chef

I give you the german version
It's about football/soccer ;o)

Moin, Moin,

Deutschland spielt bei der EM gegen Holland.
Jogi Löw und seine Spieler unterhalten sich vor dem Match in der Umkleidekabine:
"Hört zu Jungs, ich weiß, die Holländer sind schlecht.", erklärt Jogi.
"Aber wir müssen gegen sie spielen, da ist nichts zu machen..."
"Ich mache Euch einen Vorschlag", sagt Jens Lehmann,
"ihr geht alle in eine Bar und ich spiele allein gegen sie. Was meint ihr dazu?"
"Klingt vernünftig!", antworten der Teamchef und die anderen Spieler
und gehen in eine Kneipe auf ein Bier und spielen Billard.

Nach gut einer Stunde erinnert sich Michael Ballack, dass ja das Spiel läuft und schaltet den Fernseher an:

Deutschland 1 (Lehmann 10. Min.) - Holland 0 zeigt die Anzeigetafel.

Zufrieden widmen sie sich wieder ihrem Billardspiel und dem Bier für eine weitere Stunde,
bevor sie sich das Endresultat betrachten.

Die Anzeigetafel zeigt: Deutschland 1 (Lehmann 10. Min.) - Holland 1 (Davids 89.Min.)

"Scheisse!" schreien alle Spieler und rennen entsetzt ins Stadion zurück,
wo sie Jens Lehmann in der Kabine sitzen sehen, das Gesicht in den Händen vergraben.

"Was zum Teufel ist passiert, Jens?" schreit Klinsmann.

"Sorry Freunde", antwortet Lehmann, "
aber dieser verdammte Schiedsrichter hat mich in der 11. Minute vom Platz gestellt!"
Old 08-07-2011, 05:59 AM   #9
Executive Chef

I have cousins (that I fully claim as family), an aunt (that I fully claim as family), and an uncle (I'm only sort of claiming as family right now) that live in Germany. They all say it's beautiful there. One of these days I'm going to save up enough to actually go on a trip overseas and Germany is at the top of my list with Italy and Scotland.

What kind of music do you like?

If you could pick a random talent to suddenly be given, what talent would you want?

Earth, air, or water?

What character trait do you most value in yourself?
Old 08-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
I have cousins (that I fully claim as family), an aunt (that I fully claim as family), and an uncle (I'm only sort of claiming as family right now) that live in Germany. They all say it's beautiful there. One of these days I'm going to save up enough to actually go on a trip overseas and Germany is at the top of my list with Italy and Scotland.
It's worth it, I'm sure.. and so are other european countries.. have been in north Italy a few times and will travel there again in October
Where is your family?

Quote:
What kind of music do you like?
almost everything, it depends much of my mood..
I love Classic (Beethoven, Dvorak, Smetana..), would die for Robbie Williams :love:, I'm a big Billy Joel Fan since I was small, I really like my medieval-touched bagpipe music, like to relax with good rock, party with german music - pick what you want, I like it - well okay, except for Electro, HipHop and (free) Jazz

Quote:
If you could pick a random talent to suddenly be given, what talent would you want?
The ability to read music. I really have problems with the notes, beats, and everything else around.. and I would like to keep constant pressure on the bag, so it sounds clearer.. that's more than one, so I could also pick a third: Have a wonderful voice for singing ,o)

Quote:
Earth, air, or water?
don't have to think about that for a second: water.
I love water, the see, the ocean, beach, clear sky, sundowns over water, reflexions in water, life given by water, whales, dolphins, fish, Ice, Polar bears, seagulls, boats, ship..... whatever.

Quote:
What character trait do you most value in yourself?
that's a difficult one - not only the answer, but to put that in english words you understand...
I'm there for other people (family, friends). If they need me, they can count on me, whatever happens.
I would tear out a leg for them. (german saying, probably not english )