"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 08-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #21
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Cat, it's been very interesting getting to know you I have a Ford Escape Hybrid and love it. It's fun and comfortable to drive, gets good gas mileage and is very reliable. I've had it for 8 years. Let me know if you have questions.

So, what do you like to do for fun when you're not busy with school and your aunt?
Thank you for the suggestion for help, GotGarlic. I will be certainly asking you of this matter. I know it is very obvious that I have no experiences in the purchase of these large and important things. All the cars here look so very nice!

One of our neighbors gave the suggestion to me of renting cars for two days to see how if we like them or not. And the serious test driving of those at the dealerships is important and to do the research on the BBB for dealerships and the Consumer Report for cars I might consider to purchase.

Most of my spare time is given to attending DA and study and my part time job on the weekend. In the other spare time, I like to ride the bike with my dog around the neighborhood, practice on the piano (every day for 1 hour at the least), run with my dog to keep fit and well, writing in my journal every day, filling in crossword puzzles in English (it helps with the spelling and new and interesting words) and lately, spending time here with my new computer friends. I read the news to DA on the tablet during the dinnertime. I am always reading books in my bed before I sleep at night. DA likes to watch the television but I do not very much.

Last month I went with the classmates to the Asheville Mall. I have nice classmates who sometimes give me rides in the cars to university instead of my ride on the bus. I have visited the Nature Center and it is very nice.

I do not go with the friends much at all for I must attend to DA and make sure the university grades are well above the average. DA thinks that I should have a boyfriend as she does, but I can not care to have some boyfriend to interfere with the time I must have with DA and the study.

I hope the answers are satisfactory, and thank you for asking. You see I have the very busy life!
~Cat

Old 09-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Catpat - It warms my heart to hear you speak so well of the USA. There are many people who have lived here all their lives who do not appreciate what we have. I hope you and your aunt continue to do well.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #23
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Catpat - It warms my heart to hear you speak so well of the USA. There are many people who have lived here all their lives who do not appreciate what we have. I hope you and your aunt continue to do well.
Thank you very much! Yes, there are the classmates who do complain about America and their lives. I am the very fortunate to be sent here to attend to DA. Asheville has the mountains I am familiar with. I am from Brasov, where the town is in the midst of the Transylvanian Alps with the Carpathian Mountains.

As a note of the interest of history, the ship which attended to the rescue of the survivors of the Titanic was named the RMS Carpathia.

I thank you very much. I wish and pray for her safekeeping and wellbeing.

~Cat
Old 11-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #24
Cook

Hey, Cat, I've got some questions.

1. Why do you like so many bright colors?

2. What's your Dad like?

3. What's your house in Romania like?

I kinda thought this would be cool to ask. I don't know, either.

Carl
Old 11-05-2013, 12:36 AM   #25
Proud American

I am sorry, Carl! I did not mean to miss of this.

I like bright colors for these are so nice and when I feel of badly, it is much better than to look upon dull colors.

Papa is quiet but he has what is called of feelings which run of deeply. He loves Mamma and me so very much. He teases of me and is very much of fun.

He is so very smart. He has of businesses which are very good. He has to leave our home for to attend of these, and he does not like to be away of us. Papa loves all animals, and he builds many very nice birdhouses.

He loves the garden of vegetables he and Mamma have. There is always such of very nice vegetables of our meals. It is why I love so much of these, and I miss of their garden now.

He is strong and kind, and I miss him so very much.

Our home in Brasov is very nice! But of the American standard, it is very small. Mamma and Papa make it very nice with all the flowers she plants, and Papa tends of the yards carefully.

With love,
~Cat
Old 09-07-2014, 01:47 AM   #26
Executive Chef

You seem to be MIA at the moment but maybe you'll see this when you return.

Do you prefer to answer questions or ask questions?

If you could visit any planet in our solar system which would you visit and why?

The elevator stops on the ground floor but the doors don't open. You push the emergency service button and a voice tells you they know about the malfunction but it will be an hour before they can get you out. You are with two friends in the elevator. How do you pass the time?
Old 09-07-2014, 03:47 AM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

pag, right now she is home in Romania with her parents, her new husband Carl, her best friend and her mother, and Carl's mother. They are all learning to speak Romanian, and Carl is learning to be a seaman. He goes out on their new fishing boat Catarina II. They are all happy and their is talk that they may not return for at least another year. Search for "Caterina II 2014" and read the thread through. You will really enjoy it. I really miss Cat.