"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 12-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #91
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Oh I guess that would make more sense huh? Well that would be a much shorter list. I think the only song that would be on there right now is Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
What no Wiggles? No Skinnamarinkadoo? There has to be SOMETHING else. How about...twangy old country tunes? Johnny Cash? Or some really Indie stuff?

Old 12-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #92
Chief Eating Officer

I have found that if I listen to stuff long enough I grow an appreciation for it and start to like it. I dig Johnny Cash. I have not listened to the Wiggles and have not heard of Skinnamarinkadoo. My kids love listening to what I put on for them thankfully. They have turned me on to some of their music too though. There is a Martha Stewart CD that they have that I just loaded on my iPhone. It is a compilation CD and is for going to bed. It is all sleeptime music and there are some really nice songs on there.

I used to hate The Grateful Dead, Led Zeplin, Pink Floyd, Rush, AC/DC, and the list goes on. I was forced to listen to that stuff at the camp I went to because the older kids played it. Over time I started to like it and now that is some of my favorite music.

There is not a single genre of music I have heard that I have not found something that I liked in it. That includes rap, twangy country, show tunes, children's music, Gospel, bubblegum pop, opera, and anything else you can think of. You can try to torture me with music, but you won't be successful.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #93
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
You can try to torture me with music, but you won't be successful.
Now THAT sounds like a challenge. You have clearly never been a stay at home Dad and had your kids play the same song over and over and over and over until you thought your brain would bleed out your ears. Ken also suggests that a Yoko Ono CD might be the perfect torture device.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #94
Certified Pretend Chef

Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer is one of Steven's favorites! He thinks eggnog is a funny word. GB, maybe you haven't listened to it enough.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #95
Chief Eating Officer

Ken, that is a low blow, especially today of all days. Yoko makes anti-music, not music.

Andy, I hate you.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #96
Everymom

LMAO! See? A challenge like that cannot go unanswered. Unfortunately I have now tortured myself and am humming "this is the song that doesn't end".
Old 12-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #97
Chief Eating Officer

I started humming it before I even opened it. The only good thing about it is that it got Grandma got run over out of my head. Oh crap now it is back again.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #98
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Ear-worm of "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer"...Priceless!

Try some Twisted Christmas: The ButtCracker Suite The Bob Rivers Show with Bob Spike and Joe
Old 12-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #99
Chief Eating Officer

The other ear-worm song I can't stand is Chantilly Lace. Great now I have all these songs running through my head and probably will for the rest of the day.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #100
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Ear-Worm Buster...a rousing chorus of the Oscar Mayer Weiner Song...of course that gets stuck in your head...