"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 11-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Getting To Know GB

You are up!

1. What is your favorite music?

2. If possible, would you want to run your own restaurant and what would you call it?

3. Are you living where you want to be the rest of your life? If not, where do you want to be?

Old 11-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
Chief Eating Officer

1. I am a HUGE music fan. There is not single genre I have come across that I have not found something I love. My favorite though is Phish/Grateful Dead. I listen to so much more than just that though. I could talk for months on this subject without taking a breath.

2. I have often thought I would love to run a restaurant. I even looked into opening one a few times. It would be a lunch type place without waiter service. We would serve sandwiches and things like soups stews Mac and cheese meatloaf and things like that. I am not sure of the name but it would include my kids names in some form.

3. No I am not living where I want. We are here because of family, jobs, and good schools. Ideally I would like to live somewhere that other people choose to go on vacation. I want somewhere that I can wear shorts year round. I love where we are now but I love tropical weather more.

Old 11-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
Master Chef

What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done?
("danger" is subject to your take on the word)

What do you expect to be doing in ten years?

Do you think that you are generally an optimist or a pessimist?

Why do you cook?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
Chief Eating Officer

Most dangerous thing aside from getting married? That would probably be the white water canoeing I used to do. I used to run a white water canoe trip at my camp. We would go up to Northern Maine and canoe the Saco and Androscogin rivers. Most of the water was class 3 or less, but there was once section just before where we started that was class 5. After we were done with our day the trucks would bring us back to the beginning and the counselors and anyone whose skills were up to it could attempt the harder water.

Well I have told many of my friends that I WILL be winning the lottery some day. I am convinced of it. It is just a matter of when. So hopefully it will be within the next 10 years and if that is the case I will be traveling somewhere exotic.

I am the eternal optimist. I always look at the positive side of things. I don't know how to be any other way.

I like to cook for a number of reasons. The first is that I love to eat and I love to try new things. I find cooking to be a stress reliever. I also feel that I am a very artistic person, but I can not draw, sculpt, sing, paint, dance, or do many other artistic things, so I express my artistic side with my cooking and photography.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:18 PM   #5
Master Chef

Great and interesting answers, GB. Hubby and I will be doing some class 2 whitewater rafting in Costa Rica next month, and can hardly wait!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

good stuff, gb.

ok, here's my questions:

what would the boy geebs think of the man geebs?

who would you like to cook you dinner? for whom would you like to cook dinner?

what are you wearing right now? (someone has to pose the tough questions)

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
Chief Eating Officer

By the boy gb do you mean me when I was younger or my son? I am guessing you mean me when I was a boy. That is a tough question. Probably one of the toughest I have ever had to answer. Why are you making me work on a weekend BT . I think he would probably like who I am not. There are some things he would not like, but overall he would be happy to know me.

I would like Kadesma, Kitchenelf, or many of the other members here to cook for me. I would like to cook for anyone here as well.

I am in my weekend uniform right now. My favorite pair of jeans and a plain long sleeve solid color shirt that is all broken in.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

yup, i meant the younger you. i was asked it once, and still can't come up with a good answer.

lol, hey no slacking on the weekends.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #9
Traveling Welcome Wagon

1. Who was your favorite teacher in school, and why?

2. If money were no object and you had a year to do anything at all you wanted, what would you do?

3. How do you want to be remembered when you are gone?

Barbara
Old 11-20-2010, 04:49 PM   #10
Chief Eating Officer

1. My music teacher in High School. He taught me so much about life and was a great friend and someone I was able to count on what I needed someone to listen. For prom a bunch of us decided to meet at his house because he lived about 30 minutes away from the prom and we all lived 5 minutes away. We figured that would be a great way to get some use out of our limos. Well we got to his house and I realized I had forgotten money for pictures. Without missing a beat this teacher ran into his house and demanded that I take the $100 he handed me.

2. I would travel. Check out this link to see more specifically what I would like to do. This is someone my wife knows. He made a lot of money early on in life and decided to take a year off and he and his family are exploring the world. They will learn more on this trip than many of us will learn in a lifetime. I would love to do something like that. My main mode of transportation would be a sailboat.

3. I would like to be remembered as the man who cured cancer, brought about world piece, times man of the year most consecutive years running, and an all around great guy