"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 07-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #31
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
You find yourself cornered by a pack of rabid, ravenous platypuses while wearing only your swim trunks and a pair of prescription goggles (you were on the way to the pool). The walls behind you are made of slightly rough, large bricks and are about ten feat high. The tile flooring is smooth and slightly slick from the water dripping off the platypuses. How do you escape?

As the first platypus attacks, I spring forward in a counter attack. As he goes for the ankles, I jump high into the air and land on the creature's back, stomping as my heels strike, and make that crazy squeal, aka Bruce Lee, with that almost sorrowful, pained look on my face as my head swivels left and right, ever so slightly. And when my face again becomes calm, and still standing on the shattered back of the dead critter, I say dangerously, "My name is Goodweed!"

The other platypuses see what has befallen their comrade, and in spite of the rabid crazed brains in their heads, are just sane enough to understand fear, cold to the bone fear, fear that makes your knees go weak. They turn tail, with those beaver-like tails folded under them to act like boogie boards on the wet cement, and are gone in a flash.

If words had flavors which word would be your favorite flavor (besides maple or pepperoni)?

Ecstasy would be my word, (you know the word that describes the feeling you get when you get to spend time with your family, and all the kids get along with each other), and it would taste like perfect eggnog, not too thick or sweet, but just right.

Canned or dried? - depends on what is being contained . Beef Jerky needs to be dried. Olives need to be canned.

You see in front of you a field of flowers. As you get close enough to see them more clearly you realize some have the face of a departed loved one in their center? Do you take these flowers with you? Why or why not?

I leave them where they are. If they have grown healthy and strong enough to flower, then they are getting what they need. And to pick them would remove them from their source of sustenance. I can visit them regularly and appreciate the memories that they bring far longer if they are alive and thriving. If I pick them, they will last but a short time and wither away. Also, If I let them take their natural course, they will produce seed, which I can then plant in gardens in my home, where I will be able to nurture them and continue to enjoy them endlessly.

What character trait do you most value in yourself?
I love to make people happy, and to help improve their lives, if I can. I have a love for people that is unquenchable. Second to that is that I am trusting, and not judgmental, usually without being gullible, or easy to take advantage of. I detest gossip and will have no part of it.

But what do I like best about myself besides character traits? I like that bullets bounce off of my skin (when thrown by little 3 year old girls).

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #32
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
You remind me a lot of him, whenever I got into trouble as a child he would give me such a lecture that I would literally zone out and not hear half of what he said
Sometimes we had the choice between a spanking from mom and a lecture from dad. We'd pick the spanking.

Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #33
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
But what do I like best about myself besides character traits? I like that bullets bounce off of my skin(when thrown by little 3 year old girls).
I think we need to have a serious discussion with your son about what he considers "appropriate toys" for the little bug.
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #34
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
Sometimes we had the choice between a spanking from mom and a lecture from dad. We'd pick the spanking.
I got out of a lecture AND a spanking by telling Dad that I'd rather he just spanked me and get it over with. He was so mad he couldn't deal with me right then.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #35
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
I never had the choice, think I would have chosen spanking too but instead I got 2 lectures!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #36
Executive Chef

The worst was when we'd choose the swat from mom and then she'd still tell dad about it when he got home so we still had to listen to the lecture.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #37
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
The worst was when we'd choose the swat from mom and then she'd still tell dad about it when he got home so we still had to listen to the lecture.
My mom lectured as well as throwing stuff at us. We use to play dodge the dinnerware often
And then there was Dad, how could you do this to me my child? What have a done to make you behave this way? Do you need more attention? Do you know how dangerous it is to walk alone at night......................etc.
And my personal favourite, when my Dad asked boyfriends if they've met his 9 mill. Didn't have many boyfriends :( it didn't help that he has tattoos and long hair and had the muscles of a 25 yr old!

Old 07-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #38
Master Chef

Ah, c'mon. I wasn't that bad.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 07-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #39
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
Ah, c'mon. I wasn't that bad.

I'm sure you weren't Don't think they would moan so much if they didn't love you! Kids will be kids, at all ages
We are meant to moan about it :)
I'm just making up for all the times my dad introduced us as beauty and the beast and he didn't mean I'm the beauty lol!
Or all the times he dropped me off right in front of the school gates and told me as loud as he could not to take candy from strangers and his car door was loose so he had to take my door off to open for me! I was 16, it was so not cool!
Still love him to bits and when my parents got divorced I chose to live with him.
He's actually a big softy :)

Old 07-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #40
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
I'm sure you weren't Don't think they would moan so much if they didn't love you! Kids will be kids, at all ages
We are meant to moan about it :)
I'm just making up for all the times my dad introduced us as beauty and the beast and he didn't mean I'm the beauty lol!
Or all the times he dropped me off right in front of the school gates and told me as loud as he could not to take candy from strangers and his car door was loose so he had to take my door off to open for me! I was 16, it was so not cool!
Still love him to bits and when my parents got divorced I chose to live with him.
He's actually a big softy :)
Yeh, I have to admit that I teased my kids, and they're probably getting me back. But I sounds like I wasn't quite as cruel a teaser as was your dad, except maybe once with PAG in a grocery store. But I won't tell what I did to her. She can if she wants.

My favorite mean thing to do to them was to pour ice water over the shower curtain. I called it "ballancing the scales". I mean, they were teenagers, with all the attitude, and stubbornness that goes with the age.

To be fair, all of my youngens were relatively easy to raise. None of them were wild, or troublemakers. And all of them had great moral values. They were a bit headstrong though (that's a teen's primary job!) And it was my job to steer them away from trouble, if possible. They wanted to expand their experiences, and I wanted to keep them safe, and still let them grow. In the end, I think we struck a pretty good balance. And just so everyone knows, the boys were way, way, way more stubborn than were the girls. But they could also shovel off the roof better when the snow got deep.

And as adults, they are amazing, and that's me trying to be as objective as possible.