"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 07-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Getting to Know - Goodweed of the North

1. If you could, would you open a restaurant and what would you call it?

2. You remind me a lot of my Father...it's okay, I like him, too! Aside from doting on your children and playing with your food, what else do you like to do?

3. Who is your hero and why?

Old 07-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Weed mate, according to rueters berlin german nudist numbers are shrinking, my first question is will this affect your future travel plans.
2, What impact do you think this will have on the Greek and Spanish economies.
3, Will the manufacture of factor 100 sunscreen go into decline.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
Master Chef

What is you favourite smell and why?

Which topic could you discuss for hours each day without getting bored?

Describe your personality in 3 words?

What would your last meal consist of if you could choose?

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post

Better you should ask which topic he can't discuss for hours without getting bored!

Seriously!? 3 Words? Just how well do you know this man?

Love you, GW but brevity is not part of your credo!
Old 07-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post

Shoo fly! They were not your questions to answer. Go ask me some questions if you're bored!
He'll answer me even if the answer could be published as a novel!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
1. If you could, would you open a restaurant and what would you call it?

I would open one, and it would be called "The Shack". It would feature a mall type arrangement with a host of small restaurants such as;
1. The Chili Shack - would have to include my own versions of my best red and white chili, then, various chili recipes patterned after various regional favorites from Texas, The deep south, the East coast, Tennessey, and Boston.
2. The Fowl Shack - would feature my best fried chicken recipe, my Smoldering Chicken recipe, my Charcoal and Maple Smoked Turkey, Cornish Hens, and game such as pheasant, duck, goose, and ostrich. It would also have to serve Peking Duck, just because it's so good.
3. The Pasta Shack - Yep, all things pasta.
4. The Hog Shack - Pulled Pork, Smoked Louisiana cut spare ribs, Pork Chops and Pork Steaks, many barbecued cuts, usually smoked, but also pan fried, breaded, and roasted as required.
5. The Asian Shack - My own Lumpia and Egg Roll recipes, Dim Sum, Sukiyaki, Chow Mein, Lo Mein, and Egg Drop Soup recipes, and also Sechuan, Cantonese, Mongolian, Philipino, and Thai styles.
6. The French Shack - Featuring classic French classics, as well as sauces derived from the 5 mother sauces.
7. Snack Shack - Burgers, fries, hot dogs and sausages, Onion Rings, shakes, Malts, Floats, and ice cream treats.
8. Mom's Shack - Home style dinners with roast beef, roast pork, roasted spuds, green veggies, etc, all served as you would expect a good Mom to make, only up to my standards.
9. The Sandwich Shack - Subs of all kinds, breathkiller sandwiches, Ruebens, tuna salad, peanut butter and jelly/jam/jelly/fruit butters, cold cut, with all of your favorite deli meats, and the challenge - your buddy makes it from anything in the house. If you can eat it, you both get a coupon for 1 free sandwich of your choice. There would also be classic hot sandwiches such as open faced pork, beef, turkey, and chicken, along with meatball and cudighi sandwiches. All breads would be whole grain.
10. The Soup Shack - Exceptional soups of all types
11. The Seafood Shack - freshwater and saltwater fish, scallops, lobster, crab, mussels, etc. Fixed in classic presentations.
12. The German Shack - Soubraten, German Sausages, Sour Kraut, Rouladden, etc.
13. The Med Shack - Greek, Itallian, Spanish, etc. - all light dishes with plenty of olives, salad greens, and fresh veggies.
14. The Fruit Shack - All deserts and snacks made from fruits and berries.

The advertisement would include the phrase - "I'm having a Shack Attack!"

2. You remind me a lot of my Father...it's okay, I like him, too! Aside from doting on your children and playing with your food, what else do you like to do?

I used to shoot a whole lot of arrows at poor, defenseless targets. Archery was important to me. I enjoy outdoor sports, including fishing, hunting, hunting with a camera, throwing snowballs, and snowmen. I used to love tobaganing down rediculously steep slopes, downhill skiing, water skiing, etc. I also enjoy shooting fire-arms.

I write novels, blogs, and cookbooks. I am a tinkerer and usually do my own repairs. I have an unquenchable curiosity about virtually everything, and have studied so many things that I can't remember them all.

Of course, the science, technique, and artistry of cooking.

I grow my veggie garden. I sculpt wood occasionally (very small as in a canoe, or ship). I make paper airplanes patterned after real aircraft, with proper wing curvature, wings, ailerons and flaps, rudder, elevator, and fuselage, all so as to teach children about how planes fly. I have taught youth camping skills, both summer and cold winter camping.

I tie fishing flies, and have been known to design electronic circuitry.

Keep my wife happy.

Play and practice the harmonica.

Love to listen to all kinds of music. If done very well, it has been known to put a lump in my throat and carry me away from all things Earthly.

Don't read many novels any more as I just don't have the time.

Enjoy lifting weights, but have a hard time finding the time to do it.

Love riding fast mortorcycles too much, and testing their limits, so I quit that. Used to love climbing ridiculous hills on dirt bikes.

My absolute favorite thing to do is make people smile.

3. Who is your hero and why?
1960's Superman because he was incorruptible. I would like to think that I am the same, but only time will tell.

My kids, because they do what she needs to be done, even if it's not the easy thing to do. And they really try to be the best that they can be.

My Stepfather; because he was absolutely honorable, and filled with a genuine desire to do right by all who he ever met. And he championed the weak when it was required. If all men were like he was, this world would be paradise.

All men and women who put the needs of others before their own needs.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
Weed mate, according to rueters berlin german nudist numbers are shrinking, my first question is will this affect your future travel plans.
Bolas my freind, I was expecting to put on blinders and come visit you. Now, I'm more likely to find you in more respectable places and so won't need the blinders.

2, What impact do you think this will have on the Greek and Spanish economies.
The Greeks are in trouble now. This will have a negligable effect, I would think. I don't know enough about the Spanish to comment.

3, Will the manufacture of factor 100 sunscreen go into decline.
I suspect not. The parts covered by the modern swim suits is so small that the required amount of sunscreen will change very little.

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 07-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Autumn Leaves - Autmn is my favorite time of year, and the woods are my favorite place to be. I also love the memories evoked from my childhood of jumping into piles of raked leaves. I love the smells of gardens, and soil, and water, of a fresh breeze, of icy winter air that tickles my nose with ice. I love the smell of hot, fresh bread, and pizza, and KFC, and, and, and... But fallen leaves is my favorite. But wait, what about a freshly baked apple pie? Oh, you ask hard questions.

I hate to say it, but Andy was correct. I'm happy talking about any subject, except those that are vulgar. I'm part philosopher, scientist, engineer, writer, reader, artist, and have an insatiable curiosity about everything.

Simple, complex, likable.

I've pondered this question many times. The best I can come up with is freshly caught, cleaned, floured, and pan fried brook trout from Lake Superior streams, a glass of whole milk, ice cold, Corn on the cob that's been steamed in its own husk, with good butter, juicy cole slaw, a small slice each of apple and blueberry pie, with ripe cantaloupe to finish and cleanse the palate. There are foods that I like more than these, depending on my mood, but none that are as purely comfortable. I love potted meat sandwiches for the same reason. They were there when I was a very small child.

That list of foods would change too quickly, for there are wonderful memories of eating special foods with my DW, and all of my munchkins, each of them having a special meal/moment that I shared with them.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Old 07-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Andy, you are a scoundrel. I read your post and laughed so hard tears fell from my eyes. I am the first to admit that I sometimes go on. But you caught me off gaurd and tickled my funny-bone. Thank you, my friend.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #10
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post

That list of foods would change too quickly, for there are wonderful memories of eating special foods with my DW, and all of my munchkins, each of them having a special meal/moment that I shared with them.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
To this day, I only eat thickly spread PBJ's with crunchy, peanut butter and strawberry preserves on cracked wheat bread, cut in triangles, because of a lunch 41 years ago with my Father. Memories run deep.