"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Found you! Let the torture begin.

You find yourself in a small clearing in the woods. In this clearing you see the most beautiful vegetable garden, more beautiful than any you have ever seen before with more vegetables than you even knew existed.

Just outside the garden is a little boy. He's dirty but seems healthy enough. He sees you and gifts you with a shy smile. You walk over to him and ask how he got here.

He looks sad and said he got lost in the woods and was very hungry so when he stumbled onto this garden he quickly grabbed one of the vegetables and gobbled it down. A large troll jumped in front of him screaming, "Thief, thief!" The troll told him he had every right to eat the boy but he would spare him if the boy promised to stay in the clearing and tend his garden. The boy agreed and was told that if he ever leaves the troll will catch him and roast him and eat him. The boy tells you that he is glad he wasn't eaten but he's been here almost a year and terribly misses his mother and father and even his little sister.

Just then the troll, having been hidden in the trees listening this whole time, steps into the clearing. He walks up to you and you have to look almost straight up to see him.

"So," he says, "you've heard the crime of this little thief. Do you want you save him? I will let you win his freedom if you want, but it will not be easy and if you leave without freeing him you may never return to this garden. You may not change your mind or try to sneek him away or I will find you both and cook you into stew." You ask the troll what you will have to do but he refuses to tell you until you decide. The only thing he will tell you is that he will make sure you aren't permantly injured and he will not make you harm anyone.

Three primary options seem obvious to you. You can agree to try to free the boy on the trolls terms. You can leave the boy and try to find his parents, knowing even if you tell them where the garden is they may not find it since it's clearly enchanted. Or you can simply leave the boy to his fate, since he did, afterall, steal from the troll.

What do you do?

Old 01-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #22
Master Chef

Buenas tardes mi amiga!

My 3 questions to you... What to ask, I have many questions!

1. When you think back on your life and how you lived it, what was your proudest and your most regretted moment?

2. If you had to choose one meal to eat every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?

3. What do you do to relax when you get time for yourself?

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Old 01-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Found you! Let the torture begin.

You find yourself in a small clearing in the woods. In this clearing you see the most beautiful vegetable garden, more beautiful than any you have ever seen before with more vegetables than you even knew existed.

Just outside the garden is a little boy. He's dirty but seems healthy enough. He sees you and gifts you with a shy smile. You walk over to him and ask how he got here.

He looks sad and said he got lost in the woods and was very hungry so when he stumbled onto this garden he quickly grabbed one of the vegetables and gobbled it down. A large troll jumped in front of him screaming, "Thief, thief!" The troll told him he had every right to eat the boy but he would spare him if the boy promised to stay in the clearing and tend his garden. The boy agreed and was told that if he ever leaves the troll will catch him and roast him and eat him. The boy tells you that he is glad he wasn't eaten but he's been here almost a year and terribly misses his mother and father and even his little sister.

Just then the troll, having been hidden in the trees listening this whole time, steps into the clearing. He walks up to you and you have to look almost straight up to see him.

"So," he says, "you've heard the crime of this little thief. Do you want you save him? I will let you win his freedom if you want, but it will not be easy and if you leave without freeing him you may never return to this garden. You may not change your mind or try to sneek him away or I will find you both and cook you into stew." You ask the troll what you will have to do but he refuses to tell you until you decide. The only thing he will tell you is that he will make sure you aren't permantly injured and he will not make you harm anyone.

Three primary options seem obvious to you. You can agree to try to free the boy on the trolls terms. You can leave the boy and try to find his parents, knowing even if you tell them where the garden is they may not find it since it's clearly enchanted. Or you can simply leave the boy to his fate, since he did, afterall, steal from the troll.

What do you do?
Very simple, I have 3 grandsons and the thought of them being eaten or hungry makes my heart ache. So I would take the boys place and set him free. I'm the adult it's my place to protect children.
kades
Old 01-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Buenas tardes mi amiga!

My 3 questions to you... What to ask, I have many questions!

1. When you think back on your life and how you lived it, what was your proudest and your most regretted moment?

2. If you had to choose one meal to eat every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?

3. What do you do to relax when you get time for yourself?
Buenas tardes Snip ask away.
1.My proudest moments were the my wedding then the births of four wonderful children. My regretted moment would be not being able to help my parents more in their illness it still makkes me sad .
2. Most likely my meal would be veggies either roasted or raw. I love most veggies so that would be it as long as I could have my bread and butter
3. Relax, I usually bake although I'm not very good at it. Baking makes me relax. A good book now that I can see again and an old movie help at times.
kades
Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #25
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Kadesma relax? Oh that wont be happening now. I'm back. Time to keep a site mod busy.

Hi kadesma <3
Old 01-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboenomo View Post
Kadesma relax? Oh that wont be happening now. I'm back. Time to keep a site mod busy.

Hi kadesma <3
It's so good to see you back here. We all missed you.
kades