Sorry, I was watching two football games with Dad, getting ready for the Championship next week (yay Roughriders!).
Originally Posted by babetoo
what do you like to read? what is your favorite author?
what is your favorite thing to cook.
what is something you would like to cook? and why don't you?
1. I read EVERYTHING! Oddly enough the one genre I am least likely to read are romance novels. Oh, and while I love mysteries, spy novels, war stories and science fiction, you will not ever see me pick up a horror story or something on Vampires. I also read a ton of non-fiction. I have been known to read cookbooks from cover to cover before ever trying a recipe. Biographies are of great interest to me. Authors range from Shakespeare and Twain to Margaret Atwood and Jan Karon.
2. I think my favourite thing to make is soup. I love experimenting with flavours and textures. Soup is such a comfort food and yet you can also make it into an elegant starter.
3. Babe, that is a great question! I have always wanted to make paella. I love it (except mine would have no muscles in it) and yet have never made it. I missed that class at school and for some reason just haven't gotten around to it.
Originally Posted by Barbara L
1. Who was your favorite teacher in school, and why?
2. If money were no object and you had a year to do anything at all you wanted, what would you do?
3. How do you want to be remembered when you are gone?
1. My favourite teacher was Mrs. Juk for many reasons. I had her in grade 5 and 7. I hated to read but she saw potential and entered me into a reading contest. We had to read 12 assigned books and then there was a quiz. I hated every minute of it, and so did my Mom as she had to prod me. I won second prize though and haven't stopped reading ever since. She also was helpful in awkward times with my braces and socializing with other kids.
2. Wow! I have several young women whom I have sort of been mentoring over the last several years. I would like to have the means and time to teach them what I know about cake, life, etc. I think I have a year and money wasn't a problem, I would really make an effort to reach out to them.
3. As someone who cared about others. That's all.