"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 01-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Welcome back, LPB. It's good that you are making time to do other things rather than trying to do it all. It's too easy to get burnt out by doing too much.

Crochet is a wonderful stress reliever too.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #52
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks Z,

Yes, crochet can be a great stress reliever....when you don't have a pattern that continues to not work out! It took two weeks and I still couldn't get one square made for one reason or another. So last night I switched to another pattern and it is much easier.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thanks Z,

Yes, crochet can be a great stress reliever....when you don't have a pattern that continues to not work out! It took two weeks and I still couldn't get one square made for one reason or another. So last night I switched to another pattern and it is much easier.

LOL. I tend to stick with old favorites because I love to crochet while watching TV. I don't do granny squares because I don't want to have to weave in all those ends.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #54
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I decided to put this here because it is, after all about me!
Missed your pixels!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #55
Executive Chef

You're a book. What is your title? What is the name of your author? What genre are you?

You're out for a walk and you notice you are being followed by a bird. What kind of bird is it and why is it following you?

Have you ever had a dream you were sad to wake up from? If you have, what was it about?

If you could be a kid again for one day, what age would you pick? What would you do for that day?
Old 12-06-2012, 01:42 AM   #56
Certified Cake Maniac

Nice Questions, PAG!

You're a book. What is your title? What is the name of your author? What genre are you?My author (I am assuming they can be alive or dead right?) is Mark Twain and the title is "A Hopeless Romantic in the Great Wet North". My genre is romantic fantasy.

You're out for a walk and you notice you are being followed by a bird. What kind of bird is it and why is it following you? This is actually a good one because my maiden name is Parrott, so naturally the bird is an African Grey, and is trying to figure out if we are related.

Have you ever had a dream you were sad to wake up from? If you have, what was it about?
I have had several dreams over the years that have me back at university in Saskatchewan with all my old friends and even TB was there, who I met here in BC about 10 years later. I was sad to wake up from them because they brought back happy memories tied with a happy present day!

If you could be a kid again for one day, what age would you pick? What would you do for that day?
I would be 8 and spending the day with my Paternal Grandmother. She was an awesome woman who knew everyone and did everything. We would make turkish delight (I have never been able to duplicate her recipe), do beadwork, and make the best sandwiches in the world for our lunch - ham loaf (homemade, again no recipe), with super thin cut bread, one slice white and one slice wheat and the crusts cut off! I loved our times together. She died when I was 17 and I still miss her to this day.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #57
Certified Cake Maniac

The first question about the book has been nagging at me since I answered it last night! I was torn between Shakespeare and Twain (I actually took a full course on each in university!). So I finally decided that since I have had a full life of comedy, tragedy, romance and fantasy, I am actually TWO books. The second is by Shakespeare entitled "A Tale of Two Witty's" (no, I don't have a split personality, it just fit the pun best ). It's genre is more comedy/tragedy and shows me as someone who can laugh at all the challenges sent my way.

Being an English major, a wanna-be journalist, sometime poet and even wrote a play when I was in grade 7, I really loved this question.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #58
Master Chef

Yay. My favorite Canuck is in the house. Ok LP, some questions:
1. If your were a sausage, what kind would you be, and what would you be made of?

2. If you could own any car in the world (and afford all that goes with it) what kind of car would it be, and who would you most like to drive around with?

3. If you could be any DC superhero, who would you be?

4. If you could be any Marvel superhero, who would you be?

5. If you had to choose between a career as a fishing lure designer, and a shoe designer, which would you choose, and what kind of lures, or shoes would you make?

6. Which would you rather use, a rifle, or bow to shoot targets with?

7. If you had the ability to play any instrument, would you play a saw at Carnegie Hall?

8. Which is cuter, a baby bunny, or a beagle puppy?

9. If you were a pasta, what kind of pasta would you be?

10. If you could have the choice to correctly answer any question, what would that question be, and why?

Love having you back, LP.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #59
Executive Chef

well here you are, lp! i see pag found you when i couldn't. your first gtk, which began in 2010, is an interesting read. i don't have a question for you at the moment, but i'll try to come up with one in a little while. oh, it did really strike me what a singularly selfless being you are, seemingly moved to help others before thinking of yourself and your own needs. i'm wondering where that sort of gentle compassion is born. do you love yourself, lp? with a profound sense of who you are? when have you ever put yourself first? how does it play out?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #60
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
Yay. My favorite Canuck is in the house. Ok LP, some questions:
Ha, ha, Chief, it is good to see that creativity runs deep in your family. Never a dull question from the Longwind tribe!

1. If your were a sausage, what kind would you be, and what would you be made of? I would never have thought of this analogy in a million years. But I think I would have to say turkey pepperoni. It is healthy, hot and a little different from the norm!

2. If you could own any car in the world (and afford all that goes with it) what kind of car would it be, and who would you most like to drive around with? I would love to have a fully decked out (are you ready for this) Dodge Grand Caravan in metallic purple with all the sto-n-go seats, sun roof, leather seats and a very high end stereo/CD player. I know, BORRRING. But that is what I want. I love a van or truck because I am higher up and with the folding seats I could cater weddings with ease. Who would I drive around with? That's easy - my two pooches and TB. Okay, still boring? I wouldn't mind spending some good cruising time with Patty Duke or Margo Kidder - both incredible role models of mine as we share some common challenges.

3. If you could be any DC superhero, who would you be?This is a no brainer. Wonder Woman of course. I love Greek mythology and it would be awesome to have the lasso of truth! I would have to have the outfit restyled I am afraid, but we could make it work!

4. If you could be any Marvel superhero, who would you be? This one was more difficult but I think I would have to say Sue Storm. Being invisible has it’s advantages and she gets to hang out with 3 awesome dudes! The Fantastic Four have always been my favourites of the Marvel heros.

5. If you had to choose between a career as a fishing lure designer, and a shoe designer, which would you choose, and what kind of lures, or shoes would you make?It would definitely be shoes. And I would design flat shoes with roomy toes and great support....that didn't look like they were any of those things!

6. Which would you rather use, a rifle, or bow to shoot targets with? I couldn't hit a target of any kind if it were six inches in front of me and I was using a beach ball! I have no desire to own or use any form of weaponry, even for non-violent means. I am a pathetic pacifist. (though very proud of it!) But that’s just me.

7. If you had the ability to play any instrument, would you play a saw at Carnegie Hall? Sure, If you will accompany me on the washboard!

8. Which is cuter, a baby bunny, or a beagle puppy? I have to say the beagle (or any) puppy. I am a true dog person, though I have been attached to a few cats in my life (just don't tell Joie or Violet).

9. If you were a pasta, what kind of pasta would you be?I would have to say an egg noodle. They are so versatile - you can use them in soups, mac and cheese, stroganoff and other stews, They are chunky (like me) and just a little twisted, but that helps attract all the good things!

10. If you could have the choice to correctly answer any question, what would that question be, and why? Okay, this is a different one. Am I supposed to answer it too? Anyway, the question would be “What is the best day of your life?” The answer would be “each new one”.

Love having you back, LP.
In my heart I never left!