"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 08-06-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Getting to Know - Mrs. Mom

1. If you could, would you open a restaurant and what would you call it?

2. What do you do in your free time?

3. Who is your hero and why?

Old 08-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Master Chef

which three thing would you take with you on a lonely Island?
where would you like to travel?

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

what kinds of books do you like to read? are you an avid reader? if so how many books did you read last year?

how old are your children?

if you could have dinner with anyone in the world, who would it be?
Old 08-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
1. If you could, would you open a restaurant and what would you call it?

2. What do you do in your free time?

3. Who is your hero and why?
I always dreamed of opening a restaurant, but I think it is a very hard dream. To open a restaurant you should completely concentrate on your business and have nothing to distract you, which is practically impossible for me. As you all know I am a mother of three kids and I like to do everything for them. As for the name, maybe I could name it Rola, after my youngest daughter.
For your second question, I nearly have no free time. Maybe late at night after my kids go to sleep, I like to grab the T.V. remote control (which I rarely touch) and watch a T.V. show or read the newspaper or a book. I am always busy although I do not go to work. My whole day is occupied with helping my kids in their studies. Unfortunately, I could not totally depend on the school so I have to help them at home.
As for the third question, I consider my husband to be my hero. Because he was and still there for me when I needed him.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
which three thing would you take with you on a lonely Island?
where would you like to travel?
Three things are really few. I don't like to be on a lonely island. So maybe I would take my cellphone to ask someone to come and rescue me. I prefer my cellphone to have a GPS so that I could tell my rescuer my location. I would also take a loaded gun for protection against any wild animal. And the third thing would be a tent for shelter.
I would like to go to U.S.A. I have been to L.A, San Diego and Las Vegas, but still I would like to go to other states in U.S.A. I prefer Florida, Texas and New York
Old 08-07-2011, 11:07 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
what kinds of books do you like to read? are you an avid reader? if so how many books did you read last year?

how old are your children?

if you could have dinner with anyone in the world, who would it be?
I like to read romantic stories with some adventure. I also like stories that have a mystery. I used to be an avid reader until my oldest kid went to the first grade and I had to help him in his study. I still like to read but it takes me now a lot of time to finish a book than it used to be before.
I have three kids, a boy who is going to be 10 this month, a girl who is 7 and another girl, going to be 5 this month.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #7
Executive Chef

I noticed your location is listed as Egypt. The headlines in the news (at least here in the US) have been making Egypt out to be a place in extreme turmoil right now. I don't trust news agencies though because they love to twist things to reach their own agenda. So my first question is, what is it really like in Egypt right now?

What is your favorite thing to cook?

What character trait do you most value in yourself?
Old 08-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #8
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
I noticed your location is listed as Egypt. The headlines in the news (at least here in the US) have been making Egypt out to be a place in extreme turmoil right now. I don't trust news agencies though because they love to twist things to reach their own agenda. So my first question is, what is it really like in Egypt right now?

What is your favorite thing to cook?

What character trait do you most value in yourself?
It is very safe now in Egypt. Everything returned the same. Although in the last January and February there had been some troubles, but now everything returned to its place. Everyone is going to work or shopping or spending a vacation. We are now having a normal life. I hope you come and visit Egypt. You will be welcomed.
I like to cook new things. I am getting bored with the same old traditional Egyptian food. But I like to add one or two new ingredients to the old recipe and discover a new taste.
As for your third question, I think I am an organized person. I always like to write down my thoughts because I can forget very easily. I am also known in my family as a determined person. If I want to do something, I have to do it despite ant difficulties that faces me.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:22 AM   #9
Executive Chef

For someone who is decidedly a cold weather person, when would you say the best time of year would be to visit Egypt? I asked a friend of mine who was an exchange student from Palestine the same question. She told me to just pick a time and bring lots of ice packs to wrap myself in.

If someone was going to treat you to a meal, anywhere in the world, anything you wanted, money is no object, where would you have that meal and what would it be?
Old 08-08-2011, 12:34 AM   #10
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
For someone who is decidedly a cold weather person, when would you say the best time of year would be to visit Egypt? I asked a friend of mine who was an exchange student from Palestine the same question. She told me to just pick a time and bring lots of ice packs to wrap myself in.

If someone was going to treat you to a meal, anywhere in the world, anything you wanted, money is no object, where would you have that meal and what would it be?
I am sorry, I don't understand what exactly you meant. You know English is not my first language. If you meant you like the cold weather, then from December to February is best for you. Although I prefer you come on March or April where it is Spring time.
As for the meal, I wish I could go inside Burj Alarab in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is the most luxurious hotel in the whole world. I wish I could eat anything inside that hotel's restaurant. It is considered the world's most expensive hotel