"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #121
Senior Cook
 
Joshatdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 369
Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Heh! Why not, just don't call me late for dinner.

I am partial to "Full Metal Alchemist" and "Ghost In the Shell." But, I am always on the lookout for a good story. "Bleach," "Vampire Knight" and "Hellsing" are good, too.
You should check out Akira .. IMHO the BEST anime movie ever .. or Princess Mononoke.

Also for silly & fun anime check out the Ranma 1/2 series .. love them, also
Inuyasha series. Another of my favs is Cowboy Bebop!

For a big mecha kool stuff .. but turns into weird .. check out Neon Genesis Evangelion

edit: all subbed of course .. these dubbed are very good too (Akira 1988 dub, not the newer 2001 re-dub)
__________________

__________________
Joshatdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #122
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,665
Do you have any phobias or extreme fears?
__________________

__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #123
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post
You should check out Akira .. IMHO the BEST anime movie ever .. or Princess Mononoke.

Also for silly & fun anime check out the Ranma 1/2 series .. love them, also
Inuyasha series. Another of my favs is Cowboy Bebop!

For a big mecha kool stuff .. but turns into weird .. check out Neon Genesis Evangelion

edit: all subbed of course .. these dubbed are very good too (Akira 1988 dub, not the newer 2001 re-dub)
I have enjoyed all of those, too. I have all of Cowboy Bebop. I ended up watching Anime and reading Manga so someone would know what one of my Grandson's was reading and watching. Now he's over 20 years old and I'm still reading and watching.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #124
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
I just read your posts about the ghosts, and had to tell you about my recent vacation. I was here-The Stanley Hotel- we didn't stay there, just visited there to take pictures for friends. Anyway, while I was taking this picture, something pushed me over and I fell right down. I truly believe that a ghost pushed me. Too weird!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4168277676.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	11635  
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #125
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,934
Back to questions - when did you realize that you were a triplet separated at birth from Barbara and I? And did you come to DC coincidentally or were you searching us out? Of course I already know this because we share the same mind, but I thought others would like to hear the story!
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:06 AM   #126
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I just read your posts about the ghosts, and had to tell you about my recent vacation. I was here-The Stanley Hotel- we didn't stay there, just visited there to take pictures for friends. Anyway, while I was taking this picture, something pushed me over and I fell right down. I truly believe that a ghost pushed me. Too weird!!
I've been there, too...I thought it was gloriously spooky and I didn't feel any threats at all. I did keep waiting for Jack Nicholson to jump out at me.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:09 AM   #127
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Back to questions - when did you realize that you were a triplet separated at birth from Barbara and I? And did you come to DC coincidentally or were you searching us out? Of course I already know this because we share the same mind, but I thought others would like to hear the story!
It took us almost exactly two weeks to figure it out. I always felt like 2/3 of me was missing, then, Lo and Behold...I ran into you and Barbara...here at DC. I think it is some kind of Cosmic Coin Toss that we met and recognized each other. And I couldn't be happier, I have gained 2 soul sisters who I love and cherish!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:26 AM   #128
Executive Chef
 
Bolas De Fraile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,193
HRH Fi I was a very hirsute child that coupled with the fact my mum wanted a daughter and dressed me like one till I was 19 yrs old, this made me the targets for Frazonists ( hold on! I'm just setting the scene) but that is another story.
I always wanted to compete in the Tour De France but the pain of leg waxing made it impossible.
Did you have a dream that was crushed because of a non standard physical attribute
__________________
I was married by a judge, I should have asked for a jury.
Bolas De Fraile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #129
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
HRH Fi I was a very hirsute child that coupled with the fact my mum wanted a daughter and dressed me like one till I was 19 yrs old, this made me the targets for Frazonists ( hold on! I'm just setting the scene) but that is another story.
I always wanted to compete in the Tour De France but the pain of leg waxing made it impossible.
Did you have a dream that was crushed because of a non standard physical attribute
Yes, I wore hand-me-down clothes from the girls across the street who were beauty queens at town and state levels. They were tall, blonde and leggy with figures that would shame a Barbie Doll. Imagine the let down when I realized wearing their old clothes would not make me tall, blond and leggy. I ended up short, mousy brown and shaped like a fire hydrant.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #130
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yes, I wore hand-me-down clothes from the girls across the street who were beauty queens at town and state levels. They were tall, blonde and leggy with figures that would shame a Barbie Doll. Imagine the let down when I realized wearing their old clothes would not make me tall, blond and leggy. I ended up short, mousy brown and shaped like a fire hydrant.
Laughing so loud I think I might have wee accident! You are sooo funny sometimes PF :)
__________________

__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.