"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #121
Senior Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Heh! Why not, just don't call me late for dinner.

I am partial to "Full Metal Alchemist" and "Ghost In the Shell." But, I am always on the lookout for a good story. "Bleach," "Vampire Knight" and "Hellsing" are good, too.
You should check out Akira .. IMHO the BEST anime movie ever .. or Princess Mononoke.

Also for silly & fun anime check out the Ranma 1/2 series .. love them, also
Inuyasha series. Another of my favs is Cowboy Bebop!

For a big mecha kool stuff .. but turns into weird .. check out Neon Genesis Evangelion

edit: all subbed of course .. these dubbed are very good too (Akira 1988 dub, not the newer 2001 re-dub)

Old 07-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #122
Executive Chef

Do you have any phobias or extreme fears?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #123
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post
You should check out Akira .. IMHO the BEST anime movie ever .. or Princess Mononoke.

Also for silly & fun anime check out the Ranma 1/2 series .. love them, also
Inuyasha series. Another of my favs is Cowboy Bebop!

For a big mecha kool stuff .. but turns into weird .. check out Neon Genesis Evangelion

edit: all subbed of course .. these dubbed are very good too (Akira 1988 dub, not the newer 2001 re-dub)
I have enjoyed all of those, too. I have all of Cowboy Bebop. I ended up watching Anime and reading Manga so someone would know what one of my Grandson's was reading and watching. Now he's over 20 years old and I'm still reading and watching.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #124
Executive Chef

I just read your posts about the ghosts, and had to tell you about my recent vacation. I was here-The Stanley Hotel- we didn't stay there, just visited there to take pictures for friends. Anyway, while I was taking this picture, something pushed me over and I fell right down. I truly believe that a ghost pushed me. Too weird!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4168277676.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	11635  
Old 07-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #125
Certified Cake Maniac

Back to questions - when did you realize that you were a triplet separated at birth from Barbara and I? And did you come to DC coincidentally or were you searching us out? Of course I already know this because we share the same mind, but I thought others would like to hear the story!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:06 AM   #126
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I just read your posts about the ghosts, and had to tell you about my recent vacation. I was here-The Stanley Hotel- we didn't stay there, just visited there to take pictures for friends. Anyway, while I was taking this picture, something pushed me over and I fell right down. I truly believe that a ghost pushed me. Too weird!!
I've been there, too...I thought it was gloriously spooky and I didn't feel any threats at all. I did keep waiting for Jack Nicholson to jump out at me.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:09 AM   #127
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Back to questions - when did you realize that you were a triplet separated at birth from Barbara and I? And did you come to DC coincidentally or were you searching us out? Of course I already know this because we share the same mind, but I thought others would like to hear the story!
It took us almost exactly two weeks to figure it out. I always felt like 2/3 of me was missing, then, Lo and Behold...I ran into you and Barbara...here at DC. I think it is some kind of Cosmic Coin Toss that we met and recognized each other. And I couldn't be happier, I have gained 2 soul sisters who I love and cherish!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:26 AM   #128
Executive Chef

HRH Fi I was a very hirsute child that coupled with the fact my mum wanted a daughter and dressed me like one till I was 19 yrs old, this made me the targets for Frazonists ( hold on! I'm just setting the scene) but that is another story.
I always wanted to compete in the Tour De France but the pain of leg waxing made it impossible.
Did you have a dream that was crushed because of a non standard physical attribute
Old 07-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #129
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
HRH Fi I was a very hirsute child that coupled with the fact my mum wanted a daughter and dressed me like one till I was 19 yrs old, this made me the targets for Frazonists ( hold on! I'm just setting the scene) but that is another story.
I always wanted to compete in the Tour De France but the pain of leg waxing made it impossible.
Did you have a dream that was crushed because of a non standard physical attribute
Yes, I wore hand-me-down clothes from the girls across the street who were beauty queens at town and state levels. They were tall, blonde and leggy with figures that would shame a Barbie Doll. Imagine the let down when I realized wearing their old clothes would not make me tall, blond and leggy. I ended up short, mousy brown and shaped like a fire hydrant.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 AM   #130
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yes, I wore hand-me-down clothes from the girls across the street who were beauty queens at town and state levels. They were tall, blonde and leggy with figures that would shame a Barbie Doll. Imagine the let down when I realized wearing their old clothes would not make me tall, blond and leggy. I ended up short, mousy brown and shaped like a fire hydrant.
Laughing so loud I think I might have wee accident! You are sooo funny sometimes PF :)

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote