Originally Posted by LPBeier
Okay PF, I have a few for you.
1. How did you and Shrek meet?
2. What is your favourite "goto" dinner dish (what you make when you don't know what to make)
3. If you were "The Next Food Network Star" what would your Culinary Point of View be?
1. LOL! The very first time...a weirdo in the bar who danced like an idiot...more on that later.
I worked in a soup and sandwich place that also served beer and had early video games, think Pac-Man and real Pinball. We got our bread from a local grocery store and I had never met the bakers. You have to realize, Shrek tells this story differently and he's 15 years older than me, I was 20.
One afternoon, I'm in the shop alone when two guys, all in floury (dusty) white come in and order a beer a piece and get handfuls of quarters. I didn't think much, but the blue-eyed one was kinda cute and he had nice hands, strong looking.
They came in every day, seemed like they waited for the boss to leave. Much flirting, turns out they had a bet between them who would be able to go out with me first. I got to looking forward to Shrek showing up and we started meeting places. He drove, I walked or rode a bike. We never went anywhere together. (I should mention, I was a year divorced from a very abusive man, he was just divorced from his second wife, we didn't really trust the opposite sex.)
One day, I'm walking out of the laundry room in my building and he is coming out the door of his apartment...directly across the hall from my place. We had been semi-dating for about 5 months at this time and didn't know where each other lived...the rest is history!
2. I am a fan of Breakfast, wether it be hot cereal or a full blown egg, bacon/ham, potato, toast, juice and coffee breakfast.
3. "Culinary Point of View," not sure exactly what you are asking...I'm a family cook and am not afraid to ask guests, kids to help with prep. My ideal would be a central island with seating on the other side and lots of people I like/love laughing and chatting while I prepare good, homecooked food. I've said before, I'm not much on presentation and you are lucky if you get offered a plate...I do hand out utensils and you know where the fridge is.