"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 07-21-2011, 03:17 AM   #41
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
well, i've asked this before, but so far the responses seem to pass on some sad memories, which i don't fully understand yet, but hopefully you can redeem me, pag/jess.

what is your ancestry, and do you know your family's history?
I think your cruel to elude to my answer Thomas just because my Mum had to visit Maury several times!

Old 07-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #42
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
ooh, leverage!

"it is good that we men use many words to describe things, things of life. it is only in the telling of these many words, over and over, that we see the wisdom of them, as life continues on while we speak." chief longwind goodweed, c. 1875
That is great! Wow does that fit.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #43
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
Just so we're clear, the title; "Chief Longwind" had better not ever reach the ears or eyes of my co-workers. With my boss, and co-workers, I would never hear the end of it. It would be beyond cruel. I mean, I'm the one who gave you gravy covered bones when you were too small to eat solid food, and you yearned for flavor. It was me that cooked you the $90 seafood meal a summer or two back. I'm the best dad you ever had.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Awww, but you could become such a cute little band. Chief Longwind, The Noisy One and Little Big Mouth. I'm sure you're boss would be fine with those. Although I should probably wait until after I move down state since you see our coworkers more often than I do and I know you have plenty of embarrassing stories from my childhood that you could remind them about. I say remind because I'm sure they've already heard at least some of them ("Oh, we've heard the cutest stories about you for so many years, it's great that you work with us now"). Really, I'd just be evening the score.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #44
Senior Cook

A D&D player with weird dreams. Did we pick mushrooms together anytime
Old 07-21-2011, 10:32 PM   #45
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by niquejim View Post
A D&D player with weird dreams. Did we pick mushrooms together anytime
No, I'm pretty sure I haven't tried those particular mushrooms. I'm just naturally weird and have a rather active imagination.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:27 AM   #46
Executive Chef

Your Purpleness, in my 60 yrs on this planet I have never believed in the ethereal.
Mrs B frightens the pants off people with her amazingly accurate readings of the victims past and future.
Do you believe in this ability or are you like me
Old 07-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #47
Executive Chef

I suppose I'd have to say I'm an open minded skeptic. In general, I don't believe in psychics and I think the majority of them are con artists. I think those who honestly believe they are psychics tend to fall into one of two categories: those how have done a few too many drugs or are otherwise a little... off, and those who are unconsciously able to pick up subtle clues of body language and unknowingly use social engineering techniques to discern information about people. However, I've had enough experiences in my years that I just couldn't explain that I'm not willing to write it off completely (I swear my cat seems telepathic sometimes). There is so little we know about the brain and how it works that scientifically, I have to go with the idea that lack of proof of existence is not the same as proof of inexistence. I'm also a very spiritual person and believe on that level that there is a lot we don't know. And like PF, I have a few ghost stories. So yeah, open minded skeptic.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:22 AM   #48
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
Post the stories, please. I'd love to hear them all. Maybe a new thread?
I'll start one!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #49
Head Chef

What dish that you make gets the most praise?

If you could hang with one celebrity for a day who would it be?
Old 08-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #50
Senior Cook

What kind of music do you like?