"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 08-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #51
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusnikki View Post
What dish that you make gets the most praise?
I don't know that I have a dish that get's the most praise. I know the most dramatic praise I ever got was for enchilada casserole. I'd made it for Rol and I (we were still just dating at the time) and we'd invited a friend (who was also my coworker and roommate and Roland's next door neighbor) over for to join us. She got two bites in and exclaimed she was taking the leftovers home. Rol and I just kind of looked at her a little surprised.

"Well, if I leave it here he'll just eat it all and no one else will get any!" she said pointing at Rol. "And this is too good to be wolfed down by him. It needs to be tasted. So if you're not going to get any anyways I might as well finish it." All we could do was laugh. As soon as dinner was over she ran into the kitchen, covered the pan and took it over to her house. Rol just looked at me with puppy dog eyes and I promised I'd make it again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusnikki View Post
If you could hang with one celebrity for a day who would it be?
I have no idea. Maybe Loreena McKennitt? I love her music and she's traveled a lot. It would be interesting to hear the stories about her travel that she hasn't already told. The hubby suggested Michael Palin because he's also traveled a lot and was a Monty Python member. I can agree with that.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #52
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickerdoodle View Post
What kind of music do you like?
Lots of stuff. Probably mostly rock in its many forms (metal, classic, hard rock, alternative rock, etc.) and the more melodic pop/contemporary music. I also like jazz although I don't know the names of many jazz musicians. Our public radio station has a cool segment that plays jazz but I always seem to miss the name of the song and the artist. I also like classical, folk, techno/electronica, ethnic/world music (although I don't know any artist names, just like the stuff I catch on public radio and world music channels). Reggae I like if I ignore the lyrics. I don't get how such happy sounding music can have such depressing lyrics so often. Rap and hip hop or OK in small doses if it's not vulgar or moronic (which is most of the rap and hip hop I've heard). I like some of the big band/swing/standards type stuff. I like blues. I like bagpipes and the harpsichord. I like music that sounds like it could have plucked out of the distant past. I like a lot of stuff. Not real big on disco. Not crazy about country although I really like blue grass/hillbilly music. Not real keen on polka but I'd love to learn the dance.

Some of my favorite artists would be Sarah McLachlan, Melody Gardot, Type O Negative, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Billie Holiday, Loreen McKennitt, Dark Tranquility, Alison Krauss, Gordon Lightfoot, Frank Sinatra, Nickle Back, Deep Forest, Dirty Vegas, Delirium, Joni Mitchel, Carol King, Bing Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald, Florence and the Machine, A Fine Frenzy, Feist, Led Zeppelin, Steve Miller Bad, Crosby Stills and Nash, Doobie Brothers, Adelle, Tori Amos, Apocolyptica (Cellists who play metal!), Sepultura, Allman Brothers, Disturbed, Incubus (these guys just have ridiculous talent), System of a Down, REM, Tears for Fears.

Not even close to everyone I like. So much good music out there.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #53
Sous Chef

Would you prefer spending a whole day…
…at the beach in Cannes, with waiters serving you nonstop glasses of champagne
…wandering around some mountain path in the Alps, filling your soul with the wonders of Mother Nature
…resting on your sofa, reading good books
…surfing the web looking for juicy recipes?
Old 08-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #54
Master Chef

The lyrics of which song would describe most how you feel inside or who you are?

If you were a candy, which one would you be and why?

When eating ice cream do you go for tubs, cones, sugar cones or scoops?

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #55
Executive Chef

Wandering a mountain path. I miss camping and hiking so much. Haven't had time to do either in quite a while. Although I'd probably bring a book, a camera and a sketch book with. Book for bad weather, camera to share the experience with others, sketch book because nothing sparks the imagination like being in the middle of nowhere.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #56
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
The lyrics of which song would describe most how you feel inside or who you are?

If you were a candy, which one would you be and why?

When eating ice cream do you go for tubs, cones, sugar cones or scoops?
It's strange, I love music, I love poetry, I love writing poetry and would probably write music if I could, but I've never found a song that is really me. We had an assignment in my creative writing class to pick a song that we felt connected to and write about the images it conjured. I really struggled with it because I only connect emotionally with music if it fits a particular circumstance. Most of the time I tend to intellectualize it. I frequently get told that I over-think and over-analyze music.

Jelly Belly jelly beans because they come in odd flavors and you never know what you're going to get next out of the package.

Tubs? I usually go with a bowl or cup. I don't mind cones but I don't like sticky hands and ice cream tends to drip.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #57
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
It's strange, I love music, I love poetry, I love writing poetry and would probably write music if I could, but I've never found a song that is really me. We had an assignment in my creative writing class to pick a song that we felt connected to and write about the images it conjured. I really struggled with it because I only connect emotionally music if it fits a particular circumstance. Most of the time I tend to intellectualize it. I frequently get told that I over-think and over-analyze music.

Jelly Belly jelly beans because they come in odd flavors and you never know what you're going to get next out of the package.

Tubs? I usually go with a bowl or cup. I don't mind cones but I don't like sticky hands and ice cream tends to drip.
This is a Tub of Ice Cream

Don't worry about the lyrics, you just wrote your own

Gotta get me some Jelly belly beans :)

Old 08-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #58
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
This is a Tub of Ice Cream

Don't worry about the lyrics, you just wrote your own

Gotta get me some Jelly belly beans :)
Oooooh, dur. I'm cool with a tub too. Mmmm, pints.

Jelly Bellies http://www.jellybelly.com/!
Old 08-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #59
Master Chef

Quote:
Oooooh, dur. I'm cool with a tub too. Mmmm, pints.

Jelly Bellies Jelly Belly Candy Store - Candy, jelly beans, chocolate, gummy, licorice and more.!
Yes a pint
Oh, yum I think I've died and gone to jelly bean heaven
I want Snapple and Cocktail flavoured ones!!!!! Maybe I'll find them somewhere here, I hope

Old 08-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #60
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Apocolyptica (Cellists who play metal!),
I just got done listening to their version of Hall of the Mountain King...I'm thoroughly charged.