"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 12-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #71
Master Chef

You passed calc the first try? You lucky girl. It took me two tries for all three of my calc classes, though in my own defense each of my classes were"accelerated calc that touched on derivative, and integral calculus in each of three terms. Good job. I knew you were smarter than me, at least in math.

Questions; Hmmmm.

1. If you could take any one thing to Mars, and place it on the red planet to represent the best of humanity, what would it be, and why?

2.Which musical instrument would you rather own, a glass harmonica, or a zither, and why?

3. If you were one drum from a really good drum set, what kind of drum would you be, and who would be playing?

4. If you were a fish, would you be a lightning quick barracuda, or a Puffer fish, and why?

5. If you were a kind of pasta, what kind would you be, and what would you be in?

6 Who is your Greek God, and your favorite Greek Goddess, or you could choose demi-god, and demi-goddess.

7. Who is your favorite Norse version of the same?

8. What is your favorite mythical creature, and why?

9. Astronomically, would you consider yourself more of a pulsar, or black hole, and why?

10. Of all the meals I have served you, which was yoru favorite, and why?

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #72
Chef Extraordinaire

Who do we get to torture next?
ma

Old 01-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #73
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
ma
Have I been tortured? I can't remember

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #74
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Have I been tortured? I can't remember
Getting to Know - Snip 13
Old 01-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #75
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
You passed calc the first try? You lucky girl. It took me two tries for all three of my calc classes, though in my own defense each of my classes were"accelerated calc that touched on derivative, and integral calculus in each of three terms. Good job. I knew you were smarter than me, at least in math.

Questions; Hmmmm.

1. If you could take any one thing to Mars, and place it on the red planet to represent the best of humanity, what would it be, and why?

2.Which musical instrument would you rather own, a glass harmonica, or a zither, and why?

3. If you were one drum from a really good drum set, what kind of drum would you be, and who would be playing?

4. If you were a fish, would you be a lightning quick barracuda, or a Puffer fish, and why?

5. If you were a kind of pasta, what kind would you be, and what would you be in?

6 Who is your Greek God, and your favorite Greek Goddess, or you could choose demi-god, and demi-goddess.

9. Astronomically, would you consider yourself more of a pulsar, or black hole, and why?

Oh PAG! I think you need to work on these questions the next time you're in da house. These look like gooders!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #76
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post

Questions; Hmmmm.

A home video of a happy child's first birthday party, with all the family, friends, laughing and smiling. It's hope and inocence and love and anticipation. It's joy.

Zither but only because it's easier to transport.

A bongo and I'd probably have some sort of jumping insect inside making it seem like I'm playing all on my own.

Puffer fish. I'm mellow until provoked.

Spaetzle and I'd be in one of those "well I have this in the pantry so lets throw it together and see what we get" kind of meals.

Cupid and Psyche because they actually loved each other and are two of the very few examples that weren't petty jerkfaces or outright villains. Plus their tale actually had a happy ending and I like happy endings.

Bragi, their god of poetry. Frigga, because she was supposed to be wise and a protector of children.

The sockersnatch because I made him up as an explanation for why socks disappear and have a children's story traipsing around my head about him that I really should write someday. But he's also fun to tell kids about.

I don't know but I spent THREE HOURS reading about both of them online to try to figure that out. Thanks for that (I mean this both sarcastically and sincerely).

The swordfish and tuna kabobs because I helped plan it, shop for it, and cook it. And because it was something special not attached to a special occasion, a treat that you made especially for me just because you love me.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #77
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
ma
The cat of course. Oh, you meant on here. Ummm, how about Kadesma? :D