Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North
You passed calc the first try? You lucky girl. It took me two tries for all three of my calc classes, though in my own defense each of my classes were"accelerated calc that touched on derivative, and integral calculus in each of three terms. Good job. I knew you were smarter than me, at least in math.
Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
1. If you could take any one thing to Mars, and place it on the red planet to represent the best of humanity, what would it be, and why?
A home video of a happy child's first birthday party, with all the family, friends, laughing and smiling. It's hope and inocence and love and anticipation. It's joy.
2.Which musical instrument would you rather own, a glass harmonica, or a zither, and why?
Zither but only because it's easier to transport.
3. If you were one drum from a really good drum set, what kind of drum would you be, and who would be playing?
A bongo and I'd probably have some sort of jumping insect inside making it seem like I'm playing all on my own.
4. If you were a fish, would you be a lightning quick barracuda, or a Puffer fish, and why?
Puffer fish. I'm mellow until provoked.
5. If you were a kind of pasta, what kind would you be, and what would you be in?
Spaetzle and I'd be in one of those "well I have this in the pantry so lets throw it together and see what we get" kind of meals.
6 Who is your Greek God, and your favorite Greek Goddess, or you could choose demi-god, and demi-goddess.
Cupid and Psyche because they actually loved each other and are two of the very few examples that weren't petty jerkfaces or outright villains. Plus their tale actually had a happy ending and I like happy endings.
7. Who is your favorite Norse version of the same?
Bragi, their god of poetry. Frigga, because she was supposed to be wise and a protector of children.
8. What is your favorite mythical creature, and why?
The sockersnatch because I made him up as an explanation for why socks disappear and have a children's story traipsing around my head about him that I really should write someday. But he's also fun to tell kids about.
9. Astronomically, would you consider yourself more of a pulsar, or black hole, and why?
I don't know but I spent THREE HOURS reading about both of them online to try to figure that out. Thanks for that (I mean this both sarcastically and sincerely).
10. Of all the meals I have served you, which was yoru favorite, and why?
The swordfish and tuna kabobs because I helped plan it, shop for it, and cook it. And because it was something special not attached to a special occasion, a treat that you made especially for me just because you love me.