"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 07-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Getting to Know - purple.alien.giraffe

1. If you could, would you open a restaurant and what would you call it?

2. Your Dad is a Goodweed, your sister a Sprout...what are your brothers and Mom?

3. Who is your hero and why?

Old 07-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
1. If you could, would you open a restaurant and what would you call it?
No. If one of my siblings or my dad opened a restaurant I'd gladly contribute recipes, but I'm not restaurant owner (or cook) material.

Quote:
2. Your Dad is a Goodweed, your sister a Sprout...what are your brothers and Mom?
The older of the boys is a tree. One with deep roots and wide limbs to shelter his family.

The younger brother is a seed floating on the wind, waiting for the right place and conditions to settle.

My mom is a dandelion. A lot of people just pass her by but if you actually take a look, you find she's got strong roots and surprising beauty.

Quote:
3. Who is your hero and why?
I've had lots of heroes over the years (some real people, some fictional). Over time I've learned to stop putting people on a pedestal and start embracing them for the humans they are. Some people I admire:

My dad, for his integrity.

My grandma, for her innocence and pureness of heart.

My husband, for his strength, both physical and emotional.

My sister, for her wisdom and ability to make people smile.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Wow!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #4
Traveling Welcome Wagon

1. Who was your favorite teacher in school, and why?

2. If money were no object and you had a year to do anything at all you wanted, what would you do?

3. How do you want to be remembered when you are gone?

4. Would you get more satisfaction from preparing a perfect meal for ten people or from teaching those ten people how to prepare that meal?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:41 AM   #5
Master Chef

Hi PAG :)

1. What would your ultimate 3 course menu be?

2. What one thing would you like to do before you die?

3. Which one person do you look up to most?
Old 07-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #6
Master Chef

why the username?
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #7
Cook

What makes you happy?
Old 07-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
1. Who was your favorite teacher in school, and why?
It's a tie between Mrs. Faunt and Mrs. Henne. Mrs. Faunt taught high school English classes, Mrs. Henne taught high school English and Art classes. I was an extreme outsider in HS. I was shy, awkward and nerdy. Both teachers made an extra effort to encourage me and make me feel safe and welcome in their class. They were also both incredibly eccentric, creative and funny, and they just generally cared about people, especially their students.

Quote:
2. If money were no object and you had a year to do anything at all you wanted, what would you do?
Buy a sailing vessel, pack up the hubby and the cat and supplies, and spend some time sailing to different places around the world.

Quote:
3. How do you want to be remembered when you are gone?
As someone who was worth knowing. I'd different things to the people around me and so long as I've added to each persons life and they enjoyed knowing me, it doesn't really matter how they remember me.

Quote:
4. Would you get more satisfaction from preparing a perfect meal for ten people or from teaching those ten people how to prepare that meal?
That depends on the ten people. Some people just don't like cooking but really like good food. Others like being taught how to make something. I suppose either would be pretty equal so long as the effort was appreciated and people enjoyed the experience.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Hi PAG :)

1. What would your ultimate 3 course menu be?
Oooooh, now that is difficult. So much good food out there and I like a lot of what I've gotten to try thus far. I guess I'd have to say I'd start with something sweet and rich. Oooh, I was at a gathering recently and someone made a strawberry-apple-rhubarb pie with a brown sugar crumble top. Served hot with high quality french vanilla ice cream on top. Yeah, I could start with that. Then a surf and turf and salad. Scallops sauteed in a little garlic, chives and butter with a tiny bit of finely grated asiago on top along side a bone in rib steak cooked medium rare on a charcoal grill and topped with grilled portabellas. A nice garden salad with lots of garden veggies to go along side and a glass of black current juice. Finish with some strawberries and creamy havarti on graham crackers.

Quote:
2. What one thing would you like to do before you die?
I've already done it. I found someone to spend the rest of my life with.

Quote:
3. Which one person do you look up to most?
I don't think I could pick just one person. There are so many people I look up to for so many different reasons. I'm extremely lucky to have friends and family with a lot of good character traits and I find value in each of them. I mean, I really have amazing people in my life. People who are extremely intelligent but still just every-day kind of folk. People who are kind and patient beyond what seems possible. People of great integrity and honesty. People who always know how to relate to others and make them smile or laugh. They're just amazing people.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Oooooh, now that is difficult. So much good food out there and I like a lot of what I've gotten to try thus far. I guess I'd have to say I'd start with something sweet and rich. Oooh, I was at a gathering recently and someone made a strawberry-apple-rhubarb pie with a brown sugar crumble top. Served hot with high quality french vanilla ice cream on top. Yeah, I could start with that. Then a surf and turf and salad. Scallops sauteed in a little garlic, chives and butter with a tiny bit of finely grated asiago on top along side a bone in rib steak cooked medium rare on a charcoal grill and topped with grilled portabellas. A nice garden salad with lots of garden veggies to go along side and a glass of black current juice. Finish with some strawberries and creamy havarti on graham crackers.

I've already done it. I found someone to spend the rest of my life with.

I don't think I could pick just one person. There are so many people I look up to for so many different reasons. I'm extremely lucky to have friends and family with a lot of good character traits and I find value in each of them. I mean, I really have amazing people in my life. People who are extremely intelligent but still just every-day kind of folk. People who are kind and patient beyond what seems possible. People of great integrity and honesty. People who always know how to relate to others and make them smile or laugh. They're just amazing people.
Great answers :)