"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 07-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Getting to Know - Robo410

1. If you could, would you open a restaurant and what would you call it?

2. How do you like your eggs?

3. Who is your hero and why?

Old 07-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
Executive Chef

1. If you could, would you open a restaurant and what would you call it? If I could open a restaurant of my dreams it would be a farm to table affair with no menu. What the kitchen makes is what you get. (there are such places btw) And it would be very limited seating, one or two big tables. What was fresh today would inspire the menu. I would call it "Gather Together"

2. How do you like your eggs? fresh from under the hen, over easy; a real omelet fluffy and absolutely unbrowned; soft boiled.

3. Who is your hero and why? I am very liberal. Anyone who stands up to fight prejudice and bigotry. I am also somewhat libertarian. (you're opinion is charming...keep it to yourself.) So I really can't put names up here due to the logical and reasonable restrictions of this board. However, people are entitled to imagine what they will. :)

Old 07-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
Master Chef

What is your favourite smell and why?
What would your last supper consist of if you got to choose?
Which country would you like to visit and why?
P.S Love you answers to PF's questions, the restaurant idea is great :)

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo410 View Post
1. If you could, would you open a restaurant and what would you call it? If I could open a restaurant of my dreams it would be a farm to table affair with no menu. What the kitchen makes is what you get. (there are such places btw) And it would be very limited seating, one or two big tables. What was fresh today would inspire the menu. I would call it "Gather Together"

2. How do you like your eggs? fresh from under the hen, over easy; a real omelet fluffy and absolutely unbrowned; soft boiled.

3. Who is your hero and why? I am very liberal. Anyone who stands up to fight prejudice and bigotry. I am also somewhat libertarian. (you're opinion is charming...keep it to yourself.) So I really can't put names up here due to the logical and reasonable restrictions of this board. However, people are entitled to imagine what they will. :)
My kind of restaurant! Love the name!

#3...cool!
Old 07-23-2011, 02:17 PM   #5
Executive Chef

What is your favourite smell and why? I have 2. a) late spring/early summer on sultry evenings in the country the smell of honeysuckle is intoxicating. b)early spring/late fall at the beach the smell of salt spray mixed with wood smoke from a fireplace fire. OMG don't know why...nature, nostalgia, ???

What would your last supper consist of if you got to choose? 1) stinky cheese and warm crusty bread, 2) clam chowder...not too thick and real clammy with thyme (or even a great Manhattan chowder), 3) perfect rack of lamb with roasted tomatoes, 4) ice cream brandy alexander, 5)... and a million other things! (menu may change tomorrow :))

Which country would you like to visit and why? Been to UK so France is next on my list. The architecture (French Gothic), the food and wine, the appreciation of life.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
Master Chef

Nice answers :)

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:42 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

are you a reader? if so what kind of books do you enjoy the most? how many books do you read in a year
Old 07-24-2011, 03:55 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo410 View Post

I think in the real world it would be my pleasure to cll you a friend.
Question, of all the current laws in your country which do you find the most abhorent
Old 07-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #9
Executive Chef

are you a reader? if so what kind of books do you enjoy the most? how many books do you read in a year Yes, I read voraciously. I read biography and history, suspense and sci fi, social and political commentary, foodie books of all kinds, and music. I have 4 going right now, but during the school year, I am a teacher, it drops down to 2. How many total per year? All I know is I have not yet read all of Shakespeare or Dickens. But I have read all of Bourdain.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #10
Executive Chef

Question, of all the current laws in your country which do you find the most abhorent?

Historically, laws are made by those in power to benefit themselves. Our country is no exception. Our legislators are concerned with not what is good for the people or the state or the city or the country but with what will get them re-elected. Right now we are at an outrageous period in our political history. It has happened before and will again too, I'm sure. But it is difficult to be a reasonable person with so much 'self serving righteousness" going on.

On another note, it is not always the laws, but the exceptions to them that are truly abhorrent.