"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 08-20-2011, 08:57 AM   #51
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
You've given me a tough decision to make when it comes to cities. I'll have to Pick Portofino although I would also love to see La Grotta Azzurra in Capri. I pick Portofino because from what I've seen it's a beautiful village and a prefer places like that to the big cities.
Portofino it's a wonderful place, indeed, like a lot of other towns and villages in Liguria.

Quote:
I would choose Piemontese boiled dinner since I love rustic food and I could make the other dishes at home.
Brava!!! A good "bollito" is one of the most wonderful things you can find on your table...

Old 08-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #52
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca Lazzari View Post
Portofino it's a wonderful place, indeed, like a lot of other towns and villages in Liguria.

Brava!!! A good "bollito" is one of the most wonderful things you can find on your table...
What can I say, I have good taste
I would actually prefer to sit down for a family dinner in an Italian home than to try restaurant foods in Italy. Or should I say a big family get together outside with good home cooked food and lots of Sambuca and some Limoncello!!!
Home is where the heart is after all!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:36 AM   #53
Sous Chef

Quote:
What can I say, I have good taste

Quote:
I would actually prefer to sit down for a family dinner in an Italian home than to try restaurant foods in Italy. Or should I say a big family get together outside with good home cooked food and lots of Sambuca and some Limoncello!!!
Home is where the heart is after all!
I understand, however you can safely find very good restaurants all over the nation here, you just need to do some little research in advance.
Because, as you may now, a serious big family dinner here in Italy requires a thorough preparation: one belly is not sufficient, you need a big upgrade. Especially if the boss of the family is one of those delicate, gentle grandmothers that keep filling your plate till you think you're gonna die, but you cannot give up, it's a fierce ordeal!!!
And if you really need to throw up, just do it, then eat a couple of slices of green apple, wash your face and get back to the table!
Old 08-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #54
Master Chef

Quote:

I understand, however you can safely find very good restaurants all over the nation here, you just need to do some little research in advance.
Because, as you may now, a serious big family dinner here in Italy requires a thorough preparation: one belly is not sufficient, you need a big upgrade. Especially if the boss of the family is one of those delicate, gentle grandmothers that keep filling your plate till you think you're gonna die, but you cannot give up, it's a fierce ordeal!!!
And if you really need to throw up, just do it, then eat a couple of slices of green apple, wash your face and get back to the table!
Hey! I may be skinny but don't under estimate me, I have the appetite of a 16 yr old boy
I would eat in a restaurant but only if I go with locals since they would know which places are best!

Old 08-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #55
Sous Chef

Quote:
Hey! I may be skinny but don't under estimate me, I have the appetite of a 16 yr old boy
I would eat in a restaurant but only if I go with locals since they would know which places are best!

To find good restaurants I use TripAdvisor, and it works quite well, but I never tested it on Italian places.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #56
Master Chef

Quote:

To find good restaurants I use TripAdvisor, and it works quite well, but I never tested it on Italian places.
I'll keep that in mind when I travel again thanks

Old 08-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #57
Executive Chef

Hmm, since you're a sister now that means I can ask you one of my crazy questions.

If you flew to Mars and it started to play music, what instrument would it be playing?
Old 08-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #58
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Hmm, since you're a sister now that means I can ask you one of my crazy questions.

If you flew to Mars and it started to play music, what instrument would it be playing?
Ask me questions any time

I'll be playing Unwell- Matchbox 20 on a guitar and if the Martians don't like it I'll bash them over their heads with it :p

Now where's the crazy question?

Old 08-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #59
Head Chef

Hi Snip

If someone handed you provolone cheese (yea I'm being specific, lol), what dish would you make with it?

Do you have a funny cooking story?
Old 08-23-2011, 12:46 PM   #60
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusnikki View Post
Hi Snip

If someone handed you provolone cheese (yea I'm being specific, lol), what dish would you make with it?

Do you have a funny cooking story?
That depends on the kind of Provolone cheese.
Young Buffalo Provolone I enjoy as is or breaded and fried and served with preserves.
Aged Buffalo or Cow's milk Provolone I use when making simple fresh pasta with just a dash of olive oil, herbs, pesto and cheese. I also like it on homemade pizza with tomato and basil.

I have a few funny cooking disasters that have happened to me. One time I was boiling condensed milk to make caramel topping and forgot to check on it. The can exploded and sent caramel flying all over my kitchen! I took me weeks to get all the gunk off my ceiling