"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 07-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #31
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You mean he didn't get that and I did...?!?

Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #32
Head Chef

What dish that you make gets the most praise?

If you could hang with one celebrity for a day who would it be?

Old 08-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #33
Senior Cook

What kind of music do you like?
Old 08-20-2011, 02:05 AM   #34
Cook

If I were to open a cafe that served chicken wraps but every time someone ordered the chicken wrap I yelled "That's a wrap!" and snapped one of those black and white director thingies would you ever come into my cafe?

Also, do you like horseradish?

*not actually a hero
NotActuallyaHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #35
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusnikki View Post
What dish that you make gets the most praise?

If you could hang with one celebrity for a day who would it be?

I have 3 that are kind of a toss-up. Sweet and Spicy Basil Pasta, Coconut Chicken with Mango Sweet and Sour Sauce, and Whole Wheat Butternut Squash Bread.

It's so hard to tell who's actually cool and who is really a jerk whose public persona seems cool, so if I only had one day, I'd have to base it on perks. I say a show once on amazing celebrity houses and Joey Fatone (of *NSync, way back when) had the most amazing house. Basically a waterpark with it's own waterfall, complete with a cave behind it. If I could bring my family and we could hang out at his place all day.

Either that or I'd take day of being taught some basic techniques by a great Chef who specializes in one of the areas I know little about (Japanese, Caribbean, Thai, etc), but it would take me a long time to decide on which one!
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #36
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickerdoodle View Post
What kind of music do you like?
Depends on the setting. The music I currently listen to is much more limited in range than the music that I actually like. I'm not a fan of most techno/electronic music; it tends to be a bit repetitive for me, and can't really get into most music without a distinct melody, though there are a few exceptions to both, but other than that, I tend to like most genres. Like I said, though, what I listen to is much more limited than what I actually like. I am very strongly affected by what I listen to. If I listen to depressing music (even though I really like some of it) for more than a song or two, I'll find myself moody and a bit on the dramatic side. If I listen to music that sounds angry or just overly aggressive, I find my mood reflecting that as well. It kind of stinks because I've had to give up some of my favorites. I guess I'm lucky though, because there is so much music out there and I like so much of it, so I still have lots of options. Lately I typically listen to music that is relaxing or energizing in an upbeat sort of way. Some classical, like Chopin, DeBussy, Lex de Azevedo, and many more, some sort of jazzy or bluesy female singers, like Melody Gardot, Billy Holiday, etc, and some of the more folksy rock, recent and classic, for the former. For the latter, bands like 311, some Flogging Molly, a lot of classic rock, and some of the more quirky modern bands, like Vampire Weekend and OK GO have been dominating my playlist. When I'm not massively pregnant, I love to dance as well. Hip-hop, ballroom (though I'm definitely a novice), Latin, even polka, but I wouldn't typically just sit and listen to the music. I only like it for dancing. It would take me days to list all of the composers, artists and bands that I like, but hopefully this made some sense and gives an idea of what I like!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #37
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotActuallyaHero View Post
If I were to open a cafe that served chicken wraps but every time someone ordered the chicken wrap I yelled "That's a wrap!" and snapped one of those black and white director thingies would you ever come into my cafe?

Also, do you like horseradish?

Only if your wraps were worth it. I make take my food to go, though, so I didn't have to hear it over and over...

I love horseradish. My dad (GW) likes to buy a big beef roast, cook it in a charcoal grill until its about medium, and then slice it to make his own lunch meat. A few slices of that with a bit of mayo and some horseradish... ...heaven. I also love horseradish mashed potatoes. Mmmmm.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #38
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
I also love horseradish mashed potatoes. Mmmmm.
How much Horseradish do you put in how much mashed taters? Sounds interesting! I'll try almost anything once.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #39
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
Only if your wraps were worth it. I make take my food to go, though, so I didn't have to hear it over and over...

I love horseradish. My dad (GW) likes to buy a big beef roast, cook it in a charcoal grill until its about medium, and then slice it to make his own lunch meat. A few slices of that with a bit of mayo and some horseradish... ...heaven. I also love horseradish mashed potatoes. Mmmmm.
Didn't know that you loved the slow roasted beef from the Webber. I knew your sister loves it, and asks for it occasionally. But I definitely agree. It's good stuff (though I like it a little more on the rare side).

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #40
Senior Cook

Tell us about your most important dream that still did not come true?