"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight

Old 08-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #41
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
How much Horseradish do you put in how much mashed taters? Sounds interesting! I'll try almost anything once.
I don't have exact measurements, but start on the very conservative side. Just add a little dab at a time, stir it up, and taste it until it tastes about right. Then let them sit for 20 minutes or so with a lid on to let the flavor permeate.

Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #42
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
Didn't know that you loved the slow roasted beef from the Webber. I knew your sister loves it, and asks for it occasionally. But I definitely agree. It's good stuff (though I like it a little more on the rare side).

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
For eating fresh, I prefer medrare, but for sandwiches I like it medium. I suppose that means cook it until the center is medrare, eat that part fresh for dinner, and then slice up the rest for sandwiches.

Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #43
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.mom View Post
Tell us about your most important dream that still did not come true?
To be a full-time mom. I do want to be a doula, and if I average about one birth a month, I'll still consider myself a full-time mom. The problem is, to become one, I need to be able to commit to attending births while I get my training. At the moment I can't promise I'll be able to drop everything and be there, so that's on the back burner at the moment. I don't mean that being a mom is ever part-time, I just avoid the term "stay-at-home mom" because that, to me, means something I never want to be. I want my kids to get outside and experience the world, and to be there to experience it with them. As of 2 days ago, I'm on maternity leave, but once I'm all healed up from the baby (whenever she comes) I'll be returning to work. So far DH and I have been able to maintain work schedules that allow one of us to nearly always be home. Even when he was working full-time and going to school full-time, our daughter was only at a sitter's once a week for a couple hours. It's very important to us that we raise our children (not to mention the fact that daycare would eat up almost as much as I would make during the day, especially now that we're about to have 2). Since he has the better job (better pay and benefits), that means I work around his schedule, which means evenings. I miss dinner-time and bed-time most days of the week and only see DH for any length of time on Sundays during the school year. It stinks, but we're working hard toward this goal, trying to live on less than we make and eliminate debt, and DH is busting his tail in school and at work so one day all of this won't be necessary.