Originally Posted by Barbara L
1. Who was your favorite teacher in school, and why?
2. If money were no object and you had a year to do anything at all you wanted, what would you do?
3. How do you want to be remembered when you are gone?
4. Would you get more satisfaction from preparing a perfect meal for ten people or from teaching those ten people how to prepare that meal?
1. I always think of my 6th Grade teacher..Mrs. Liddell. She was able to see past my "bad boy" persona.
She always brought out the best in me...She did carry a "big stick" however...Once after not completing my arithmetic home work we were told that we had to run around this big building once for every problem not finished..I think I had done 2 of the twenty assigned problems..So I had some running to do. When you ran by the windows of the class room (which were high above the ground) you were supposed to shout out your number of laps...Well after about three laps I was tired...So I peeled off and hid in the bushes/shrubbery under the windows..When this one little guy would run by and shout out his lap number I would shout out mine...This plan was working perfectly until I heard her clear her throat......I looked up, and she was looking down motioning to me with her index finger to come here!!!
Once I entered the room I was taken into the hallway where the board of education was liberally applied to my back side...I don't ever recall not doing my arithmetic homework ever again...
2. Probably travel some for fun, and to places where people needed help and help them...Especially widows and orphans!
3. As a Kind, generous and honest man who was never found wanting when duty called... to God, County, or family!
4. I think teaching them Barbara...Then a part of me would go with them.