"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Member Spotlight
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
Chief Eating Officer

Have you figured out what your purpose is and if you have, would you share it?

Old 11-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #12
Traveling Welcome Wagon

1. Who was your favorite teacher in school, and why?

2. If money were no object and you had a year to do anything at all you wanted, what would you do?

3. How do you want to be remembered when you are gone?

4. Would you get more satisfaction from preparing a perfect meal for ten people or from teaching those ten people how to prepare that meal?

Barbara

Old 11-29-2010, 04:25 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

how did the "many braves and many arrows" thing get started?
Old 11-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Have you figured out what your purpose is and if you have, would you share it?
Very deep question...Man has sought the meaning and purpose of life ever since there was life....One of the wisest men who ever lived discovered the futility of life when it is lived only for this world. His conclusion on the matter was to Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty/purpose of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil....

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Old 11-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
1. Who was your favorite teacher in school, and why?

2. If money were no object and you had a year to do anything at all you wanted, what would you do?

3. How do you want to be remembered when you are gone?

4. Would you get more satisfaction from preparing a perfect meal for ten people or from teaching those ten people how to prepare that meal?

Barbara
1. I always think of my 6th Grade teacher..Mrs. Liddell. She was able to see past my "bad boy" persona. She always brought out the best in me...She did carry a "big stick" however...Once after not completing my arithmetic home work we were told that we had to run around this big building once for every problem not finished..I think I had done 2 of the twenty assigned problems..So I had some running to do. When you ran by the windows of the class room (which were high above the ground) you were supposed to shout out your number of laps...Well after about three laps I was tired...So I peeled off and hid in the bushes/shrubbery under the windows..When this one little guy would run by and shout out his lap number I would shout out mine...This plan was working perfectly until I heard her clear her throat......I looked up, and she was looking down motioning to me with her index finger to come here!!! Once I entered the room I was taken into the hallway where the board of education was liberally applied to my back side...I don't ever recall not doing my arithmetic homework ever again...

2. Probably travel some for fun, and to places where people needed help and help them...Especially widows and orphans!

3. As a Kind, generous and honest man who was never found wanting when duty called... to God, County, or family!

4. I think teaching them Barbara...Then a part of me would go with them.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
how did the "many braves and many arrows" thing get started?
....Good question!! Maybe from from saying things like..Uncle Bob is a wise old Indian offering wise counsel for many, many moons..Sat around many council fires, and smoke many pipes...If you need help Uncle Bob will send many braves with many arrows to take care of business..... I really don't know Miss Mud...just part of my playful personality I guess...Which you know well....

Closed Thread