Aram Sandwiches-TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
From the first time we had these my kids have loved them, but it's time to get away from the turky, ham or beef sandwich for a change. So for our thursday music in the park we are taking arams, but just a little different.These are nice as there is no cooking except to soften some onion, garlic and spices in a tiny bit of evoo. Then we will mix some hot curry powder,cumin,fresh grated ginger,turmeric, cayenne, and blend this with cream cheese after it cools. spread onto damp aram/lavosh crackers then spread on some chutney and then spread arugula all over the top, roll it up, wrap and chill..Then slice into1/4 inch rounds and serve..The other will be made from grilled soft eggplant,hummus roasted julienne red pepper chopped parsley and garlic. All of these things can be picked up at the market and put together for a wonderful cold meal with cold drinks and a dessert..We always have someone stop and ask what are you eating at these things..It's a blast watching some of the people..Some arrive in limo's, set up fancy tables with crystal,silver,china,candles, while other park it on a blanket and eat KFC:LOL: It's a fun time and part of our summer.
kadesma

Is the cracker some sort of deli wrap? The filling sounds great. That would be a nice lunch.

Do you have local vendors at the park where you can buy cotton candy for dessert? (I am thinking bottled water is the beverage.)

We have a concession stand at our park that is open daily where you can buy sunflower seeds, cotton candy, Laffy Taffy....drinks...etc. & popcorn)

Yes, the lavosh is large flat cracker that come two to a package.They are in the cold section where they hang the already wrapped cheese and lunch meats. You just dampen them put on your cream cheese and your filling, oll it up and wrap well then cut just before serving. I bring along a small cutting board..
Yes, we have vendors all over the place, snow cones, soda,ice cream cotton candy , hot dogs..Many bring their own wine which is usually not allowed, except for the concerts. There is an area that has water spouting from the cemnt that the kids just love to play in..It
s a pretty nice evening..

kadesma:)

Hope you don't mind if I chime in. Reminded me of another recipe with lahvosh from WS. Just thought stir would like to see a pic.

Williams-Sonoma | Recipe View

Kadesma, that sounds like a lovely summer evening w munchies & food. I would love to run under a water fountain about now. :cool: Thanks for sharing.

Chime right in Amy:LOL: I love yakking back and forth...We really enjoy aram sammies and the link you put up has a great looking sandwich..I'll have to give it a try. Thank you.
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom