Black Bean Burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
img_1251482_0_1a7a8f7af2725d216529b54d33cdcf71.jpg

img_1251482_1_0d7b5c30398b946e758d95bffe4a5f87.jpg

Recipe

- 2 cans - Black Beans (drained)
- 2 - Eggs
- 1/4 Cup - Chopped Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup - Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup - Salsa
- 1 Cup - Tortilla Chips (crushed)
- 1 tsp - Chili Powder
- 1 tsp - Cumin
- 1 tsp - Onion Powder
- 1 tsp - Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp - Black Pepper
- 1 TBS - Dried Cilantro

NOTE: I did not add salt due to the Tortilla chips having sufficient salt

Directions

- Combine all ingredients and mash with a potato masher
- Once about half of the beans are mashed the filling should become tight
- Once the filling it tight, form your burgers and refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up
- Pan fry 7-8 minutes per side with a little olive oil over medium low heat, you want to cook these through without overcooking the outside
-Top with your favorite condiments

I could go for these. My Hubby, however, won't do beans in any form. Do you think freezing would be best before or after cooked?

Thank you! I would definitely freeze them prior to cooking if need be. I think cooking first and then freezing may make them dry out and crumble. Throw some fresh shitake mushrooms in these and you could come close to fooling your husband!!! LOL

Thank you! I would definitely freeze them prior to cooking if need be. I think cooking first and then freezing may make them dry out and crumble. Throw some fresh shitake mushrooms in these and you could come close to fooling your husband!!! LOL

Ok. I will be sure to freeze before cooking. Neither of us eat mushrooms. :ohmy:

I could go for these. My Hubby, however, won't do beans in any form. Do you think freezing would be best before or after cooked?
I don't like any of the beans that one dries, except black beans are okay. I think you should give your hubby a taste. I really don't think these burgers will taste objectionable to him.

Don't eat mushrooms?? :eek:

:ROFLMAO: No, we don't like them. Crazy I know.

Taxlady, I know Hubby would not taste it because he would know it was beans, and I don't dare to try to trick him on that one. I like being married. :LOL:

:ROFLMAO: No, we don't like them. Crazy I know.

Taxlady, I know Hubby would not taste it because he would know it was beans, and I don't dare to try to trick him on that one. I like being married. :LOL:
No, tricking the DH is usually not a great idea.

No, tricking the DH is usually not a great idea.

Nor is tricking the DW a good idea. I speak from experience.:LOL:

But I have to say, the only way I can get her to try something new is to make it before I tell her that I'm going to make it. I just have to let her know after it's prepared.:innocent:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I'm lucky the DH eats almost everything (except organ meats). He doesn't really care for eggplant, but he did like the lasagne I made last week (which had a layer of "noodles" using eggplant and another using portebello mushrooms).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom