Chicken meat spread?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
Does anyone have a very very simple recipe for this meat spread?

I have enough meat leftover to make some meat spread!

I noticed the one from our local supermarket has chciken, mayo, relish, and some seasoning!

Here's what's in my Chicken Salad:

About 3/4 cup Mayo, 1 tsp yellow mustard, 1/2 onion chopped, 1 lrg
dill pickle chopped (or dill relish), couple boiled eggs chopped, garlic powder,
seasoning salt, pepper.

I like diced celery, onion, pickle in my chicken salad. (Miracle whip)

sm. dice english cukes, peeled; cooked, cooled & & cubed chix breast, green curry paste, mayo, salt, ground thru a food processesser for a few sec.

diced or pulled chicken with some mayo (not MW) just to bind but not be sloppy, green onion, a splash of lemon juice, salt, pepper, fresh thyme and just a small splash of hot sauce. For colour and crunch I often add chopped radishes. Don't process, leave chunky and just barely "wet" from the mayo.

mmmm.... radishes! I LOVE radish sandwiches, just white bread, butter, radish and a bit of salt.

My mother ate peanut butter and radish sandwiches (see the PBJ thread to see why I wouldn't even attempt this! LOL

But radishes in chicken, ham or tuna salad are great.

hellllooooo... Chicken salad is something that is traditionally spread on bread and eaten like a sandwich. If you want something smoother, then put it in a processor and puree any of the above combinations. Or just chicken and mayo.

Oh!
Then shred the meat really well. Now chop the heck out of it, or use a
blender or food processor.
Mix some mayo, touch of mustard, celery seed, pepper, seasoning salt
into the meat. VOILA!

Or you could use mayo, chili powders, cumin, dash of vinegar for a Southwest
taste....

Or olive oil, garlic powder, basil, onion powder, poultry seasoning...

Once you have some smooth meat, the flavoring possibilities are endless.

edit to add.. Another definition for a SALAD is a cold mixture meant to be spread on bread and eaten.
Lobster salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, crab meat salad... all of these make superb salads.
So give the "Chicken salad" a whirl... if you make it a day before you eat it, it will taste MUCH better.

hellllooooo... Chicken salad is something that is traditionally spread on bread and eaten like a sandwich. If you want something smoother, then put it in a processor and puree any of the above combinations. Or just chicken and mayo.

Oh!
Then shred the meat really well. Now chop the heck out of it, or use a
blender or food processor.
Mix some mayo, touch of mustard, celery seed, pepper, seasoning salt
into the meat. VOILA!

Or you could use mayo, chili powders, cumin, dash of vinegar for a Southwest
taste....

Or olive oil, garlic powder, basil, onion powder, poultry seasoning...

Once you have some smooth meat, the flavoring possibilities are endless.

edit to add.. Another definition for a SALAD is a cold mixture meant to be spread on bread and eaten.
Lobster salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, crab meat salad... all of these make superb salads.
So give the "Chicken salad" a whirl... if you make it a day before you eat it, it will taste MUCH better.
Thanks what I've done guys!

However I've processed the meat a little too much and now it's mostly a mayo spread and not a meat spread, LOL LOL LOL!

Chicken salad (for sandwiches) - simple, elegant, and delicious:

Fine-diced Chicken, mayonnaise, fine-diced walnuts (pulverize in a FP if necessary), fresh dill, celery salt.

If you're REALLY lazy, just throw all the above into a FP and grind to a pulp. Some of us like texture in our sandwiches...

(edit)

Didn't see the "you already pulverized it" part...

Now is an even better time to add chopped walnuts, sliced grapes, dill, and celery salt - will give you back the textural contrast you completely destroyed in the FP.

Well, you already have enough recipes, but, I'll add one more anyway :LOL::chef: I like my chicken salad spread pretty simple.

chicken processed in food processor...maybe a little less than you did :rolleyes: ;)

Remove and process celery and onions.

Mix with chicken in bowl and add grated hard-boiled egg (I like a lot), a squeeze of lemon, some orange juice, salt, pepper, and some fresh parsley if I have it. Enough mayo to make creamy - however you like it. Mix well before passing judgment and adding more though.

Lemon and/or oj not necessary, nor is parsley, (especially if on a college budget) but sure are nice if you have them.

What really kicks this up is a bit of Major Gray Mango Chutney and some toasted slivered almonds!

Well, you already have enough recipes, but, I'll add one more anyway :LOL::chef: I like my chicken salad spread pretty simple.

chicken processed in food processor...maybe a little less than you did :rolleyes: ;)

Remove and process celery and onions.

Mix with chicken in bowl and add grated hard-boiled egg (I like a lot), a squeeze of lemon, some orange juice, salt, pepper, and some fresh parsley if I have it. Enough mayo to make creamy - however you like it. Mix well before passing judgment and adding more though.

Lemon and/or oj not necessary, nor is parsley, (especially if on a college budget) but sure are nice if you have them.

What really kicks this up is a bit of Major Gray Mango Chutney and some toasted slivered almonds!
Wow, I've never heard of this, What is it?

I've heard of Mango but Mango Chutney?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom