Crab Sandwiches TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Mix 3 0z. cream cheese,softened,blend in carefully 1/2 cup of crab meat,1 teas.fresh lemon juice,1 egg beaten well,3 Tab. mayo,2 tab. fresh parsley minced fine,2 Tab. fresh grated parmesan, dash cayenne,4-thin sliced green onions and 4 slices of crisp fried bacon crumbled. Now toast 6 slices of sandwich bread on oneafter cutting off the crusts. On the toasted side top the bread side that is toasted with 2 large tomatoes cut into thick slices but first spread the topping mixture on the bread. Then put the topped bread under the broiler about 5 inches from the heat til puffy and golden.
kades

As a jid, I used ot buy and eat cooked crabs from the Crab Wagon. They were five cents a piece. I love crab salad in a sandwuch. Then one day my husband and I went out to lunch. I ordered a crab sandwich. We didn't go straight home. Instead we went to the ER. I had developed an severe allergy to shellfish. And that included my other great love. Scallops. It is the iodine in them that I am allergic to. So today, I will taste it before I even chew either one. I can taste the iodine immediately. I have to spit it out real fast. One day I decided to see if the allergy was still serious. Another trip to the ER ensued. Lesson learned. :angel:

Haven't had a good CLT in awhile. Fried soft-shell crab, lettuce and tomato.:yum: Po Boy would be good too!

Haven't had a good CLT in awhile. Fried soft-shell crab, lettuce and tomato.:yum: Po Boy would be good too!
I've never had the pleasure of a po boy. The bread part alwys stumps me. Any ideas for good bread?
kades

French baguette, mayo, remoulade sauce, lettuce, tomato and crispy fried soft-shell crab.:yum:

:angel:
As a jid, I used ot buy and eat cooked crabs from the Crab Wagon. They were five cents a piece. I love crab salad in a sandwuch. Then one day my husband and I went out to lunch. I ordered a crab sandwich. We didn't go straight home. Instead we went to the ER. I had developed an severe allergy to shellfish. And that included my other great love. Scallops. It is the iodine in them that I am allergic to. So today, I will taste it before I even chew either one. I can taste the iodine immediately. I have to spit it out real fast. One day I decided to see if the allergy was still serious. Another trip to the ER ensued. Lesson learned. :angel:
:angel::angel:Addie, I don't use a lot of salt and salt with iodine is not allowed on the table here. I find it better to not eat a lot of salt now.
kades:angel::angel:

Back
Top Bottom