Cranberry Tuna Salad Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Domestic Goddess

Senior Cook
"This is absolutely "the best" tuna salad sandwich I have ever had!
Besides the sandwich, the tuna filling is also good served on crackers."

SANY0447.JPG

Cranberry Tuna Salad Sandwich

1 (5 oz.) can tuna packed in water, drained
1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
1 hard boiled egg, peeled & chopped
1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
1/3 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise
4 slices bread, toasted

In a bowl combine together, the tuna, celery, chopped hard boiled egg,
sweetened cranberries, and the mayonnaise.

Spread the tuna salad mixture on 2 slices of toasted bread.

Top each with the remaining slices of the toasted bread, and serve immediately.

Yields: 2 sandwiches

Note: This also tastes great served on crackers, such as, Keebler Club Crackers.

I never thought of putting something sweet in tuna salad before. I usually get dried cherries instead of cranberries, because they remind me of growing up in Michigan. Thanks for the idea :)

I've seen this recipe (as well as the same photo) on MANY websites, but I'm not seeing how
'This is absolutely "the best" tuna salad sandwich'
Sorry Charlie ;)

She did say "the best *she's"* ever had," but it's interesting that you've seen this recipe and photo before.

DG, you might want to review this site's rules regarding recipe posting and copyright.

She did say "the best *she's"* ever had," but it's interesting that you've seen this recipe and photo before.

DG, you might want to review this site's rules regarding recipe posting and copyright.

GotGarlic, I had posted the recipe at other websites, and "I" took the photo of the sandwich and included it in the recipe. The original recipe was posted on another site, but I tweaked the recipe to suit my taste. From what I understand, if I don't copy how the recipe was written (word for word), and I didn't, then I didn't break any law.

Last edited:
Good to know :) There is some debate about how much tweaking is necessary in order to make a recipe your own. If the mods have a problem with your post, they will let you know. In the meantime - thanks again for the recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom