Cuban Sandwiches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I pressed mine in a cast iron skillet with my steam iron. Well, it fit perfectly, and it worked!

As I said, when I lived in Florida you could get Cuban-style sandwiches with just about any deli meat or cheese or sauce. But if you just walked into a place and asked for a Cuban sandwich, you'd get the pork, ham, pickle and cheese one. I just couldn't remember the type of cheese and what the spread was (my husband likes plain old French's yellow mustard, so he'll love that). I can't get what we could get in any grocery store as Cuban bread here, but close enough is what I think is called a bolita roll, and each has the correct carb count for him for lunch (two for supper) and they have the correct texture, so I've been happy with them.

Yesterday I went to the grocery and found on the daily specials chalkboard .... roast pork. I didn't see it under the deli glass and talked to the gal and she almost burst into tears! SO frustrated. Piggly-Wiggly told her to put it on the board, then the truck showed up without the pork! Oh, well. Now that we've got a cooling trend, maybe I'll buy a pork roast. I can't remember when I last roasted one! Maybe never! It's one of those things; there are only two of us and it isn't something my husband really likes all that much. But he'll love it if I do it, so maybe I will. Anyone out there an expert? Start a line if there isn't one already and direct me to it!

Back
Top Bottom