"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps

Old 09-18-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Dinner Sandwich TNT

Make this the night before, and enjoy with a green salad.
Combine 1/4 cup butter with 1-2 Tab of Dejon and spread on 12-1/2 in thick slices of good bread. Make sandwiches using thick slices of sharp cheddar about 1/4 in slices Trim the crusts and fit the 6 sandwiches into a large baking dish. Beat 4 eggs into 2 &1/2 cups milk and add 3-4 tab. chopped chives,2 tab. fresh chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Pour this over the sammies and let stand at least 2 hrs. best is over night.in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 bake uncovered for 1 hr. I put my oven on 325 and after 25 min. I check it often. My oven tends to bake hot.
kades

Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

I have a small Anchor Hocking baking dish just big enough for one serving. One sandwich would just fit in it. With adjustments, this recipe would be perfect for me. I don't like bread, hate the crusts. But if I did this with challah bread, it would be perfection. The cold weather is coming and time to start putting on the oven. Thanks Kades

Old 09-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #3
Flour Child

Who would've ever thought of making sandwiches like this...oh yeah, our kadesma would! You have wonderful recipes kadesma

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #4
Executive Chef

This sounds delish Kades! Thank you!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:00 AM   #5
Sous Chef

Just a Doggone minute! That's a sandwich? Looks more like Cheesy French Toast to me!

Very Interesting. Eric, Austin Tx.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggler View Post
Just a Doggone minute! That's a sandwich? Looks more like Cheesy French Toast to me!

Very Interesting. Eric, Austin Tx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
This sounds delish Kades! Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
Who would've ever thought of making sandwiches like this...oh yeah, our kadesma would! You have wonderful recipes kadesma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I have a small Anchor Hocking baking dish just big enough for one serving. One sandwich would just fit in it. With adjustments, this recipe would be perfect for me. I don't like bread, hate the crusts. But if I did this with challah bread, it would be perfection. The cold weather is coming and time to start putting on the oven. Thanks Kades
Addie, yes this would be good for you. I like it and when I have all the kids here this is dinner Challah is so yummy I love it and want to make some when I get good enough baking. I wonder if this could be made into a breakfast as well qas dinner and I'm going to have to teach you to love the bread crust specially the French and Italian ones ,
Thank you Ma, Let me know if you give it a try. iIt can be made into a smaller amount if need be.
Sumbunny thank you. People make me feel so good how they respond to recipes with their kindness.
Giggler (Eric)
Cheesy french toast??? You know I like that idea. Thanks.
kades
Old 11-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Sounds nice, thanks Kades
Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Addie, yes this would be good for you. I like it and when I have all the kids here this is dinner Challah is so yummy I love it and want to make some when I get good enough baking. I wonder if this could be made into a breakfast as well qas dinner and I'm going to have to teach you to love the bread crust specially the French and Italian ones ,
Thank you Ma, Let me know if you give it a try. iIt can be made into a smaller amount if need be.
Sumbunny thank you. People make me feel so good how they respond to recipes with their kindness.
Giggler (Eric)
Cheesy french toast??? You know I like that idea. Thanks.
kades
Not only do I not like crusts, I definitely do not like white bread of any kind. If I do eat bread, it is usually a peasant bread like rye or oatmeal, whole wheat. Challah and Brioche are the only two out of that group I am willing to eat in small portions. I know I am a weird person. Who doesn't like bread?
Old 11-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #9
Master Chef

This sounds lovely Kades :) Thank you!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #10
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Make this the night before, and enjoy with a green salad.
Combine 1/4 cup butter with 1-2 Tab of Dejon and spread on 12-1/2 in thick slices of good bread. Make sandwiches using thick slices of sharp cheddar about 1/4 in slices Trim the crusts and fit the 6 sandwiches into a large baking dish. Beat 4 eggs into 2 &1/2 cups milk and add 3-4 tab. chopped chives,2 tab. fresh chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Pour this over the sammies and let stand at least 2 hrs. best is over night.in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 bake uncovered for 1 hr. I put my oven on 325 and after 25 min. I check it often. My oven tends to bake hot.
kades
Oh no! You did it again Kades
I've got to try this one. Have a feeling these will work out well in the pie maker... I'm just sayin'

Thankies Ma!

Munky.

Tags
dinner, sandwich