Dinner Sandwich TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Make this the night before, and enjoy with a green salad.
Combine 1/4 cup butter with 1-2 Tab of Dejon and spread on 12-1/2 in thick slices of good bread. Make sandwiches using thick slices of sharp cheddar about 1/4 in slices Trim the crusts and fit the 6 sandwiches into a large baking dish. Beat 4 eggs into 2 &1/2 cups milk and add 3-4 tab. chopped chives,2 tab. fresh chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Pour this over the sammies and let stand at least 2 hrs. best is over night.in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 bake uncovered for 1 hr. I put my oven on 325 and after 25 min. I check it often. My oven tends to bake hot.
kades

I have a small Anchor Hocking baking dish just big enough for one serving. One sandwich would just fit in it. With adjustments, this recipe would be perfect for me. I don't like bread, hate the crusts. But if I did this with challah bread, it would be perfection. The cold weather is coming and time to start putting on the oven. Thanks Kades :angel:

Just a Doggone minute! That's a sandwich? Looks more like Cheesy French Toast to me!

Very Interesting. Eric, Austin Tx.

Just a Doggone minute! That's a sandwich? Looks more like Cheesy French Toast to me!

Very Interesting. Eric, Austin Tx.

This sounds delish Kades! Thank you!

Who would've ever thought of making sandwiches like this...oh yeah, our kadesma would! You have wonderful recipes kadesma :punk:

I have a small Anchor Hocking baking dish just big enough for one serving. One sandwich would just fit in it. With adjustments, this recipe would be perfect for me. I don't like bread, hate the crusts. But if I did this with challah bread, it would be perfection. The cold weather is coming and time to start putting on the oven. Thanks Kades :angel:
Addie, yes this would be good for you. I like it and when I have all the kids here this is dinner:yum: Challah is so yummy I love it and want to make some when I get good enough baking. I wonder if this could be made into a breakfast as well qas dinner and I'm going to have to teach you to love the bread crust specially the French and Italian ones ,
Thank you Ma, Let me know if you give it a try. iIt can be made into a smaller amount if need be.
Sumbunny thank you. People make me feel so good how they respond to recipes with their kindness.
Giggler (Eric)
Cheesy french toast??? You know I like that idea. Thanks.
kades

Addie, yes this would be good for you. I like it and when I have all the kids here this is dinner:yum: Challah is so yummy I love it and want to make some when I get good enough baking. I wonder if this could be made into a breakfast as well qas dinner and I'm going to have to teach you to love the bread crust specially the French and Italian ones ,
Thank you Ma, Let me know if you give it a try. iIt can be made into a smaller amount if need be.
Sumbunny thank you. People make me feel so good how they respond to recipes with their kindness.
Giggler (Eric)
Cheesy french toast??? You know I like that idea. Thanks.
kades

Not only do I not like crusts, I definitely do not like white bread of any kind. If I do eat bread, it is usually a peasant bread like rye or oatmeal, whole wheat. Challah and Brioche are the only two out of that group I am willing to eat in small portions. I know I am a weird person. Who doesn't like bread? :angel:

Combine 1/4 cup butter with 1-2 Tab of Dejon and spread on 12-1/2 in thick slices of good bread. Make sandwiches using thick slices of sharp cheddar about 1/4 in slices Trim the crusts and fit the 6 sandwiches into a large baking dish. Beat 4 eggs into 2 &1/2 cups milk and add 3-4 tab. chopped chives,2 tab. fresh chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Pour this over the sammies and let stand at least 2 hrs. best is over night.in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 bake uncovered for 1 hr. I put my oven on 325 and after 25 min. I check it often. My oven tends to bake hot.
kades

Oh no! You did it again Kades :ROFLMAO:
I've got to try this one. Have a feeling these will work out well in the pie maker... I'm just sayin' :innocent:

Thankies Ma!

Munky.

great looking sandwich! is it quiche-like, kadesma?

munky, i'm beginning to believe you are capable of turning virtually anything into a pie with your breville machine! :)

great looking sandwich! is it quiche-like, kadesma?

munky, i'm beginning to believe you are capable of turning virtually anything into a pie with your breville machine! :)

I was wondering that myself to Vit..

It's good to be able to adapt certain recipes to use in the pie maker. So my Therapist said so! J/K!!! :ROFLMAO:

Actually it sounds like a very adaptable for singles recipe. Besides that I'm not wild about my oven. Try to avoid it at all costs. I don't care much for crusts. With the pie maker it will be a little toasty. Kinda like how the Nyquil makes you feel all warm and cozy.. Ok, it's kicking in.

Bed time! Night! :LOL:

Munky.

kades

Kadesma you are always coming up with something different. This sounds like a wonderful 'sandwich casserole'. You should compile a cookbook. I'll buy the first copy. Thanks for the recipe:)

Kadesma you are always coming up with something different. This sounds like a wonderful 'sandwich casserole'. You should compile a cookbook. I'll buy the first copy. Thanks for the recipe:)
Your welcome friend. That is a lovely compliment about the cookbook. Thank you for that as well. Sandwich Casserole I like that name.
kades

Last edited:
Oh my! That looks very tastey, ideal for a cold winter evening! I have a dumb question ... Buttered sides go in or out? Thank you for sharing!

Oh my! That looks very tastey, ideal for a cold winter evening! I have a dumb question ... Buttered sides go in or out? Thank you for sharing!
I put it on the inside, But you can do what is your choice.
kades

Back
Top Bottom