Egg salad on an onion bagel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skittle68

Sous Chef
I'm having a craving for an egg salad sandwich but I don't have any bread. Do you think it would be ok on an onion bagel or do you think it would be too tough for the delicate filling?

I'm having a craving for an egg salad sandwich but I don't have any bread. Do you think it would be ok on an onion bagel or do you think it would be too tough for the delicate filling?
Slice the bagel into 3 pieces and slather it with butter and egg salad..Yum, yum,yum:yum:
kades

kadesma said:
Slice the bagel into 3 pieces and slather it with butter and egg salad..Yum, yum,yum:yum:
kades

Mmmmmmm good idea! Too bad I was too impatient to wait!! I poke a hole in the large end of the egg, drop directly into boiling water, and reduce heat to low. Eggs stay covered for 10 min, then are plunged into ice water until chilled. Eggs prepared this way are very tender and easy to peel. I chop them and mix them with half mayo, half miracle whip, a couple tablespoons of minced onion, minced pickles, and minced celery, a dash of paprika, and a tiny bit of mustard. Usually I use bread, but this time I served open faced on an onion bagel, with lettuce tomato, and some fresh ground pepper. Yum!!

Sounds yummy! I regularly put tuna salad on a toasted open faced bagel. I always use boiled eggs in the tuna so who's to say if it's "egg salad with tuna" or "tuna salad with egg". I must have lots of fresh ground pepper on the top.
See what you started? Heading for the kitchen. :yum:

Great flavor- but I'm glad I decided to do open faced. I think it would have just gotten too squished otherwise :)

I usually make my egg or tuna salad open faced. No squishing, and no guilt if I decide to have another. :LOL:

I've never cared for bagels as a sandwich material. A real bagel is a tough chewy bread and that makes it difficult to manage as part of a sandwich. I just stick with cream cheese and lox.

I remeber visiting Carnegy Deli in NY, I ordered bagela and cream cheese and lox. Wow, what they brouth to me was probably 7or 8 inches tall. That is how much lox there wes. I almost fell of my chair. :LOL:

I eat just about everything on an open-faced bagel - except two all beef patties, etc. lol. Lately I've been buying bagel thins, but prefer more substance, & the plethora of flavors - cheddar, pumpernickle etc. that I buy from the Bakery.

One of my favorites is artichoke tuna melts with provolone.

Lately I've been buying bagel thins, but prefer more substance, & the plethora of flavors - cheddar, pumpernickle etc. that I buy from the Bakery.

I like Sandwich Thins for breakfast sandwiches instead of abiscuit or English muffin, but I hate bagel thins. They get crispy when you toast them and bagels should NOT be crispy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom