Favorite Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BLT
Enjoy, besides everyone has their taste for a sandwich.

Process:
1. Get 2 pieces of bread out, get out four strips of bacon. A flat pan, some chopped lettuce, and some sliced tomato.

2. Get the flat pan on medium, put your four strips of bacon on it and let fry untill it is cooked, about 15 minutes, or it is slightly browned.

3. Get the bacon off the pan onto a plate. Get out your two pieces of bread and put the bacon on it. Then put on your sliced tomato.

4. Add your chopped lettuce to the bacon and tomato, and cover with the other piece of bread, then put on a plate.

5. Serves one.

6. Enjoy

I forgot Maid Rites!

And grilled polish sausage on a toasted bun with melted mozzerella, mustard and kraut.

Oh, and Italian beef on crusty Italian bread with mustard and pepperoncini!

I cannot live without bread. Sad but true so the Akins diet aint for me unfortunately.:(

So in no particular order here are my very favourite sammie fillers and I too cannot list just one.;)

1/ A mix of shredded chicken, mayo, capers, lemon zest/juice and heaps of black pepper.

2/ Curried egg and watercress, heaps of pepper.

3/ Triple Onion and Beef....cheese and onion spread (our own) red onion rings, onion marmalade and rare roast beef. Heaps of pepper.

4/ Chicken, cranberry jelly, brie, and iceberg lettuce. Moderate pepper..lol

5/ BLAT but only in late summer/early autumn when the tomato's are at their finest. I use the avocado in a mayo and heaps of black pepper is mandatory. Oh, and I now use arugula/rucola/rocket instead of regular lettuce.

6/ Bacon, shredded chicken, avocado, lettuce and aioli.

Do I really have to finish now...only just begun!!:LOL:

Last edited:
Uncle Bob said:
Miss lulu...

Why do you have a problem finding grape jelly?

Its less easy to find outside north America! We have great jams in Europe but I guess most of the grapes must still go into wine. That said, I should just make some :rolleyes: You can get it, I not want to suggest it is like the gold at the end of the rainbow, but effort is usually required!

Anything with egg in it - mashed hard boiled eggs with mayonnaise, butter, salt & pepper, omelette with light soya sauce & pepper, onion & egg omelette etc. Also luncheon meat with thinly sliced cucumber.

Grilled Cheese!!
Made with homemade whole wheat bread, real butter on the outside, a really nice mustard with horseradish on the inside, thinly sliced Jarlesburg Swiss cheese, toasted to perfection in my vintage waffle/sandwich maker.

Followed closely by my version of a BLT; local smoked bacon, mayo, whole wheat toast, home grown tomato and fresh spinach leaves. I can only make these in the Fall when I have fresh tomatoes and spinach, that also makes them so special!

My fav "comfort" sandwiches are-hard salami and american cheese on any type of bread with yellow mustard and the old "if you don't et what I'm making for dinner "it' cream cheese and grape jelly sandwich on white bread- like that was ever really a punishment for me!
I also love a good Monte cristo-haven't had one in years.Grilled cheese with american and munster and -hmmm like everyone else- there are sooo many.
Hope we all enjoy our favortites soon!!!!
Poor Bucky, I know your pain of giving up a favorite for lent. One year I gave up coffee and after the second week my husband and kids told me God would forgive ME for drinking coffee again but, He probably wouldn't forgive THEM for killing me- I guess I was a little bit irriatable!!!
LOve and energy, Vicki

If I could have only one sandwich for the rest of my life ....

Roasted or smoked turkey/chicken on toasted whole wheat bread with Hellman's REAL Mayonaise, romaine lettuce, tomato and a thin slice of bermuda onion - and a dash of salt and black pepper.

But, fortunately, I'm not that limited ... give me meat, give me bread - it's all good! :pig:

Mine is similar to Michael's sandwich. I love smoked turkey and smoked ham, on either whole wheat or white, but always with mayo, lettuce, tomatoe, and lots of cracked black pepper,and I like my ham and turkey sliced thin.

I definitely can't pick just one!
In no particular order....
meatball sub with lots of sauce & provolone
Cold Italian sub from pretty much any mom & pop type subshop in MA
tuna
cold meatloaf w/ketchup & mayo
and one I rarely have... double decker ham salad/egg salad YUM - years ago my friend used to bring these to potlucks... at that time I had never heard of buttering the inside sides of bread for a sandwich... she alternates white & wheat bread, butters all inside facing bread (center slice is buttered on both sides) egg salad on one half, ham salad on the other half... I usually makes these once a year with Easter leftovers!

I have 2 favorite sandwiches...
Grilled ham and swiss (real butter) on pumpernickel bread
homemade grilled chicken salad on pumpernickle bread.. the chicken ,i grill, then make salad ..

yummy!!

Tough decision for me.... I would have to say either a Chicago Italian Beef sandwich, or the Thanksgkving Leftovers Sandwich. Tough to beat either of those in my book.

Well I too cannot narrow it down to just one:

Italian Beef
BLT
Cuban
Italian Sausage with Peppers & Onions
Fried Egg & Bacon drizzled with Maple Syrup served on buttered toast.

jkath said:
only one?

How about turkey with crispy lettuce, lots of fresh tomatoes, haas avocados (a must-have in all sandwiches, I think), havarti or jack cheese (or maybe even boursin), a tiny splash of white balsamic, on a french baguette.
Lemon perrier with a slice of a meyer lemon

and, if I can't have that, my other favorite would be a thinly sliced, medium-well tri-tip sandwich, on a french roll with just a bit of tomato, hass avo slices, and a slight amount of creamy horseradish.

I like your taste! Those are right up my alley! My favorite though I think would be fresh mozzarella, vine ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, EVOO on a french baguette! YUMMMM! :clap:

A good fresh BLT with some crisp country bacon, home grown tomato slices, fresh green leaf lettuce, a little mayo and salt and pepper on some toasted sour dough bread wow!
Chef Mark

Back
Top Bottom