Favorite Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, without a doubt, the monte cristo. I could eat them for breakfast and/or lunch several times a week, if I didn't have this thing about fried foods.

I'm embarrassed to admit...but...bologna with swiss on rye with lettuce and tomato.
Sure, I'd like to say it's some chef type creation, but I've always had a thing for bologna.
It's just so embarrassing......:ermm:

Don't be embarrassed. I LOVE baloney, although I couldn't dream of eating a baloney sandwich with cheese in it.

Of course, it has to be a real, garlicy, baloney with a Polish sirname, like Malecki's or Wardinski's, with Miracle Whip (mustard makes it taste too much like a cold hot dog), between two slices of ooey, gooey white bread, such as Wonder, or better yet, Sunbeam!

How about Black pudding fried in bacon fat, placed in a fresh baghette, drizzled with a hot viniagrette, with a bit of English mustard.

BBQ Mikey said:
Turkey BLT with sweet/spicy mustard.

I certainly hope that means Turkey, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato, not turkey bacon, lettuce, and tomato.

I have a few, too:

- open-faced roast turkey with gravy on white bread with mashed potatoes and more gravy on the side
- meatball sub with marinara and melted mozzarella, which I'm having for lunch today
- grilled panini with 3-cheese bread, roasted chicken strips, roasted red pepper and mustard
- pan bagnat based on this recipe - Recipes : Pan Bagnat : Food Network - with grilled chicken strips, roasted red peppers, provolone cheese and sliced tomatoes for the filling
- There's a local restaurant that has a Turkey-Apple Club sandwich that I love - roast turkey breast with thin slices of sweet apple, white cheddar, leaf lettuce, tomato and mayo on a triple layer of apple bread.

This thread is great - we're getting ready to renovate our kitchen this summer, so these ideas for different sandwiches will come in real handy for easy dinners.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder GotGarlic!!

Our favorite post-Thanksgiving treats are 1) sliced cold turkey & swiss cheese on plain white bread with lettuce & mayo, & 2) hot open-face sliced turkey sandwiches on toasted white, with the turkey slices heated in gravy with cheese melted on top - swiss or blue cheese. Delicious!!

has to be a cuban ...
started eating these a year ago .. and i cant get enough ..

Does it have to be just one favorite? Taylor Ham with egg and cheddar on a hard roll. 2nd favorite would be Boar's Head boiled ham with Swiss and mayo and lettuce on a roll. I favor Boar's Head ham, it seems to me taste and quality is quite good.

Does it have to be just one favorite? Taylor Ham with egg and cheddar on a hard roll. 2nd favorite would be Boar's Head boiled ham with Swiss and mayo and lettuce on a roll. I favor Boar's Head ham, it seems to me taste and quality is quite good.

Me: green-eyed monsterfor the Hard Roll w/taylor etc.
Try the Boar's Head LOW SALT boiled ham. I'm not one to downgrade or deviate from the original, but it's even better than..........

Whats it stuffed with?

A "corned Ham" is stuffed with Cabbage, Kale, onions and spices, sewn in cheese cloth and boiled. It is served cold or room temperature. The recipe varies around different parts of the county, but those are the basic ingredients. It is generally served from Thanksgiving through Easter.

I can't say I have one, singular favorite... but we just got back from Iowa where I was visiting my family... I'll call it the 'Maid Rite Tour'. My girlfriend had never had one, and there were a few minor variations across the area (loose meats are pretty popular there). Others included the Tastee Inn & Out (Sioux City) version and the 'Charlie Boy' from Miles Inn, just up the street from Tastee.

My favorite would have to be shaved turkey breast and Bavarian ham with Havarti cheese or a pepper Jack cheese topped with lots of lettuce, tomatoes, banana pepper slices, cucumbers, shredded carrots, black olives, jalapeño slices and topped with a Southwest chipotle dressing on wheat sub bread.

Another one that's my 2nd favorite is the Monte Cristo sandwich. Sliced ham, turkey and Swiss cheese on two slices of bread which is then deeped fried in batter, sprinkled with powdered sugar and dipped in raspberry preserves. Mmmmmmmmmm...I know it's fattening but I usually share it with someone.

Me: green-eyed monsterfor the Hard Roll w/taylor etc.
Try the Boar's Head LOW SALT boiled ham. I'm not one to downgrade or deviate from the original, but it's even better than..........

I will try that next time , thanks for the heads up .

Pastrami on rye from Katz's Deli in NYC, followed closely by slices of fresh roasted turkey breast on no knead bread with mayo, lettuce, tomato, salt and pepper. I'm surprised that in 8 pages, no one mentioned the club sandwich as one of their favorites.

Back
Top Bottom