Fine New Sandwich Creations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just thought I'd post the rough recipe for the sammys that I made today, if anyone is interested. I'm sure it's been done before but here it goes.

Basically, I took two pieces of pita bread and brushed one side each with EVOO and a touch of garlic powder. I layed one piece of pita, oiled side down on a large piece of aluminum foil. I tore pieces off of the spiral sliced ham and built up a nice thick layer of porkerrific goodness. Three pieces of torn up cooked bacon on top of that, thin sliced red onions and a few slices of Lorraine cheese, a very delicate, lacy Swiss. The second pita went on top, oiled side up, wrapped in the foil and placed over medium coals, five minutes per side to get the outside of the pitas nice and crunchy. That's pretty much it! Two hours after eating one, my breath still smells hideous! Enjoy! :mrgreen:

DampCharcoal said:
Just thought I'd post the rough recipe for the sammys that I made today, if anyone is interested. I'm sure it's been done before but here it goes.

Basically, I took two pieces of pita bread and brushed one side each with EVOO and a touch of garlic powder. I layed one piece of pita, oiled side down on a large piece of aluminum foil. I tore pieces off of the spiral sliced ham and built up a nice thick layer of porkerrific goodness. Three pieces of torn up cooked bacon on top of that, thin sliced red onions and a few slices of Lorraine cheese, a very delicate, lacy Swiss. The second pita went on top, oiled side up, wrapped in the foil and placed over medium coals, five minutes per side to get the outside of the pitas nice and crunchy. That's pretty much it! Two hours after eating one, my breath still smells hideous! Enjoy! :mrgreen:

I love it!:ohmy: This should have been in the old "Breathkillers" thread.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Fried Chicken sandwich

bread: whole wheat bakery buns
filling: boneless chicken breasts, seasoned, dipped in flour, egg, & flour, and fried in 3/4" canola oil;
sliced provolone cheese, placed on top of chicken while still hot;
crisp fried bacon
Condiments: generous amount of Miracle Whip and mustard
Side: bread and butter pickles

Well... I need a recipe, :LOL: so here's my contribution:

Fried Mozzarella Stuffed with Prosciutto and Pine Nuts
5 sandwiches

5 slices Mozzarella (¼" thick) (12 oz) each rubbed with a cut garlic clove
¼ c pine nuts (pignoli), toasted
5 thin prosciutto slices, halved crosswise
10 fresh basil leaves
¼ c all-purpose flour
2 eggs
Panko
¾ c unsalted butter, clarified

To assemble the "sandwiches" (5 of them), press pine nuts into a slice of cheese, top with a prosciutto slice and a basil leaf. Cover with another cheese slice. Mix flour and eggs to a smooth batter. Dip sandwiches in batter and coat in breadcrumbs. Chill thoroughly.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Sauté sandwiches in butter until golden (3 min. per side) and then bake 5 minutes. Serve on top of a green salad or as a first course with a crusty bread.

Mish, I think your sandwich sounds incredible, and would make my youngest, very weight-conscious daughter angy. She would want it, and deny its fat-fried goodnes.

And me, well let's just say that I could eat one, or two, or three of those little sandwiches, and then moan & groan about my weight again.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thank you, Constance and Goodweed. Is there room for one more sandwich? :)

Sauteed Onion, Tomato & Cream Cheese Sandwiches with Honey Mustard

2 medium onions, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 slices hearty whole grain or rye bread (toasted, if desired)
1 tablespoon honey mustard
3 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
Lettuce leaves, shredded
Small fresh basil leaves
4 ounces cream cheese

Saute onions in hot oil over medium-high heat until onions are tender and just starting to brown. Remove from heat; cool slightly.

Llightly spread one side of 4 bread slices with honey mustard. Top with the onion slices, tomato slices, shredded lettuce, and basil leaves. Spread one side of the remaining 4 bread slices with cream cheese. Place the bread slices, cheese sides down, on top of sandwiches.

Mish,
now this one sounds just perfect..I'm shopping tomorrow and will look for a good roma tomato and give this a try..Oh boy am I glad I'll be alone, I won't have to share:LOL: Thanks Mish

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom