Fried Tomato Sandwich Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jakkillyn

Assistant Cook
This is my first post...i think this is where you can share some recipes... well i have been a vegetarian for 2yrs now. I love the kitchen and i stay trying new things... I remember as a child when i did eat meat, i loved BLT's...So this is how i got the idea...

What you need:
Mozzarella cheese slices
One, big red tomato
Mayo
Salt, Pepper to taste
Butter
Skillet
Bread

What to do:
I take out the bread, put mayo on both sides. Then i slice the tomato thinly and put it on the bread. I sprinkle salt and pepper, and sometimes Garlic powder on the tomatos. Add the cheese. and top it with the other slice of bread. Then i melt the butter in the pan, add the sandwich, and wait until it is brown on both sides.

And there you have, a nice grilled Tomato sandwich. It taste just like a blt from the olden days. If i feel spunky and inspired enough, i make a herbed lemon mayo, where i put in italian seasons, parsely, garlic powder, and a splash of lemon juice into the mayo...delicious...

That sounds really yummy and next fall when my tomatoes are ripe again I will try it with fresh tomatoes. Not to fond of store bought tomatoes.Thanks for the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom