"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Sous Chef
 
Chef Maloney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: S.California
Posts: 455
Grilled Sweet Bacon Sandwich

We like this:

SWEET BACON SANDWICH

Sourdough or French Bread (great on sourdough)
4 Tblsp. Olive Oil
Onion, sliced thin
Bacon slices, cooked
Blue Cheese, crumbled

Saute Onion slices in 2 Tblsp. Olive Oil until lightly browned.
Brush one side of the bread with Olive Oil.
Place Onion, Bacon & Blue Cheese on dry side of bread and make sandwich.
Grill in heavy skillet or panini maker. Oiled side of bread on the grill.
Brown both sides.
eat. smile.

__________________

__________________
Chef Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
Master Chef
 
Snip 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Brakpan, South Africa
Posts: 5,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Maloney View Post
We like this:

SWEET BACON SANDWICH

Sourdough or French Bread (great on sourdough)
4 Tblsp. Olive Oil
Onion, sliced thin
Bacon slices, cooked
Blue Cheese, crumbled

Saute Onion slices in 2 Tblsp. Olive Oil until lightly browned.
Brush one side of the bread with Olive Oil.
Place Onion, Bacon & Blue Cheese on dry side of bread and make sandwich.
Grill in heavy skillet or panini maker. Oiled side of bread on the grill.
Brown both sides.
eat. smile.
After the last thread I thought this might be instructions on how to purchase a sandwich from the supermarket

Sounds good thanks
__________________

__________________
Odette
"I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass."

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
Sous Chef
 
Chef Maloney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: S.California
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
After the last thread I thought this might be instructions on how to purchase a sandwich from the supermarket

Sounds good thanks
__________________
Chef Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #4
Executive Chef
 
Whiskadoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Twin Cities Mn
Posts: 2,954
eat. smile.

eat. smile.

I could eat Two, count'em TWO of these
__________________
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
Sous Chef
 
Chef Maloney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: S.California
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskadoodle View Post
eat. smile.

eat. smile.

I could eat Two, count'em TWO of these
haha. It is good. I'll split a third one with you
__________________
Chef Maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Now this is right up my alley, sounds fantastic, thanks so much Chef
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bacon, sandwich, sweet

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.