"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps

Old 03-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to college_cook
Heart-Attack Burger

I got the idea from a friend, who told me TGI Friday's has a new burger on the menu that has fried mozzorell cheese on it.

1 bun

1/2 pound ground beef patty seasoned with:
-Salt
-Pepper
-Garlic Powder
-Oregano

1/2 inch slice of provolone cheese
3 strips of bacon
1 thin slice of colby-jack cheese

1 egg
1 1/2 T flour
bread crumbs
veggie oil

Season your ground beef, and make sure everything is well-mixed together. Throw it on the grill/ George Foreman/ preffered burger cooker.

Fill a small/medium pot 3/4 in. with veggie oil, and heat to just above medium.

In a medium pan cook your bacon.

Combine egg and flour in a bowl. Dip provolone in egg mixture. Make sure it is thoroughly covered. Cover cheese in bread crumbs (you can season your bread crumbs if you like). Then dip the provolone back into your egg mix. This should use up most of the egg. Now throroughly coat your cheese with bread crumbs. Make sure you oil is hot enough and fry your cheese in the oil until golden brown on both sides. When that is complete dry in on some paper towels.

Now for your colby cheese. You can melt it by
A) toasting it on your bun
-or-
B) melting in onto your burger just before it finshes cooking.

Once your colby is melted and your burger is done, place burger, bacon, and fired cheese on the bun. You may add lettuce tomato, onion, etc. if you like. I tried my burger with a little bit of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, which worked well.

Old 03-10-2006, 09:03 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
so... we eat it and die a few days sooner... might be worth it! lol

Old 03-10-2006, 10:11 PM   #3
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
so... we eat it and die a few days sooner... might be worth it! lol
Eat well, die happy!

Does sound awfully good, though! Maybe we'll make burgers this weekend.

John

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Man, all ya gotta do is add an over-medium egg to the top of it and you've got a true artery clogger.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:42 AM   #5
Senior Cook

Yummmmmmmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppinfresh
Man, all ya gotta do is add an over-medium egg to the top of it and you've got a true artery clogger.
My huby would have to agree with you Poppinfresh. We love to have burgers all the time and he always eats his with and egg. That burger from T.G.I.F. sounds really good we might have to go out today and try it, good idea College_Cook. Also if you like burgers with egg on them go to Red Robin for there Royal Red Robin Burger, it has a fried egg, topped with three strips of hickory maple-smoked bacon, American cheese, crisp lettuce, tomatoes and mayo. Or if you like a little bit of sweet with your meat get the Banzai Burger it's marinated in teriyaki sauce and topped with grilled pineapple, Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo. The Banzai is my favorite. In fact we go to Red Robin with our families at least a couple times a month, if not a couple times a week. It is one of our favorite resturants for burgers.
And remember its usually the things that are not good for you that taste the best.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:50 PM   #6
Executive Chef

I say make more than one of those for yourself for one meal and die quicker, hehehehehehe.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Oh no, I don't actually like eggs on burgers, was just saying that'd be a perfect way to round out its status as "truly bad for you".

The whole egg on a burger is a British thing. And, just like most British food I was subjected to while in England, I found it was really kinda gross.

How a country that once ruled the world has such bad cuisine I'll never understand.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:07 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

the heart attack burger at my favourite burger joint is a pound of ground beef, topped with 2 cheeses, bacon, sauteed onion and mushrooms, a small ham steak, and finally a fried egg.
they're deadly, but oh sooo good.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Actually I dont think a burger is that bad for you, it's the french fries fried in bad types of oil that are the true culprits here.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:08 PM   #10
Master Chef

Things like breaded, fried provolone?
But then, college is young, and can handle those extra calories. College, if I were your age, I'd give it a go.
My thought was, how good it would be to have cubes of breaded, fried provolone on a salad? Talk about a crouton!

I do love a good, homemade burger, nicely browned on the outside, but still juicy inside. Best are those grilled outdoors, but the ones I fry in my electric skillet are mighty good.
My very fave dressings are mustard, S&P, sweet relish, Velveeta cheese, and a slice of fresh garden tomato, if available. Bacon is always a welcome topping.

Jpm, I agree about the fries, but I also think the burgers we make ourselves are probably a lot healthier and tasier than the store-bought ones.