"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps
Old 10-09-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
Assistant Cook
ISO Long Hot Peppers sandwich recipe

Hey, I was just at a party for the football games on Sunday and someone made these long hot pepper sandwiches which were very good. I do know they fried it in olive oil, but I am wondering how much olive oil, how long to cook it for on what temp etc...

The sandwich was the peppers, sharp provolone cheese, and prosciutto on a hard roll.

Would anyone happen to know how this is made or show me a link for the recipe?

Misfits747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Gee, Misfits, the sandwich sounds delicious. I can't help you with your question but, hopefully, someone will come along with a suggestion.

"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
Assistant Cook
Mmm yum. Well, we order these as an app. at one of our favorite Italian places... they come out in olive oil, lots of garlic and anchovies. I don't eat the anchovies (my hubby does) but I DO like the flavor they give the peppers. I tried to make them once, and I think I may have cooked them a little in the micro.. then sauteed them in olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper... I think that was it. So maybe you could do that, and add the other stuff when you make it into a sandwich? I think probably just experimenting, you may happen upon the right thing. Good luck, and send me some!
EmsMommy7 is offline   Reply With Quote