ISO long lost recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Genevra

Assistant Cook
Many years ago, I had sandwich recipe that was really good. It was probably pretty simple, since it was just a cold sandwich. But it was a weird sandwich, so I'm hesitant to try making it since I might be missing some key ingredient. What I remember was that it had mango chutney, roast beef and peanut butter. I don't recall if it had cheese, or if so what kind. I don't remember if it had any veggies on it, or even what kind of bread. The things were magic though. Weird assortment of ingredients that came together to be great. I just wish I could remember them. I can't find anything with the three ingredients I remember online. So maybe someone can help me?

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking :)

Where did you have this sandwich? Home, school, a restaurant?

I would suggest that you just get the ingredients you can remember and make the sandwich, using a plain bread like a baguette or hearty white sandwich bread. Maybe tasting it will remind you of what's missing. Good luck.

Last edited:
Welcome to Discuss Cooking Gen!

It's doubtful that anyone here experienced the same sandwich you had. Did someone with you have the same sandwich you had? Since you didn't make the sandwich, you must have purchased the sandwich from somewhere so have you checked there?
We would only be guessing what else went into the sandwich, so Got Garlic's response is a good one.

Thanks for the ideas and welcomes :)

I guess I should clarify that it was actually from a recipe book which of course I forget the name of, that an ex ended up taking. So I had made it several times, but apparently have a bad memory!

I'll try making it on a plain bread and seeing how it goes. I finally found somewhere that actually sells mango chutney again!

Also, the sandwich you linked, Janet H, does sound quite good :)

Back
Top Bottom