"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps

Old 06-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #21
Head Chef

We got a Panini grill for Christmas and I think I've used it at least twice a week since! One favorite:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts brined in 2 litres of water with 1/2 C salt and 1/4 cup brown sugar for 30 minutes (no more)

Pound the breasts to even thickness and grill quickly - about 4 minutes total. I use Mexican Seasoning on them and either grill them outside or on the paninni maker.

Allow the chicken to cool slightly and slice on the bias into 1/4" slices.

To make the sandwiches I arrange the chicken slices on the bread, add a layer of provelone cheese and then some sweet red peppers (I get them from the salad bar at the grocery store where they sell Cipollini onions in Balslamic and varieties of olives)

I grill the sandwiches until they are pretty outside and the cheese is melted inside.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindatooo
We got a Panini grill for Christmas and I think I've used it at least twice a week since! One favorite:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts brined in 2 litres of water with 1/2 C salt and 1/4 cup brown sugar for 30 minutes (no more)

Pound the breasts to even thickness and grill quickly - about 4 minutes total. I use Mexican Seasoning on them and either grill them outside or on the paninni maker.

Allow the chicken to cool slightly and slice on the bias into 1/4" slices.

To make the sandwiches I arrange the chicken slices on the bread, add a layer of provelone cheese and then some sweet red peppers (I get them from the salad bar at the grocery store where they sell Cipollini onions in Balslamic and varieties of olives)

I grill the sandwiches until they are pretty outside and the cheese is melted inside.
Hi Linda,
I use my paninni often as well. I like your shcicken paninni, sounds yummy..I pick up some of those cipollini marinated onions now and then..But since the grocery portion of the store now carries them, I've been buying the dry ones and roasting myself..I really enjoy shopping at this market, just ask and they make sure to stock it.

kadesma

Old 06-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #23
Certified Pretend Chef

I'd say a grilled cheese is a panini. Who knew!
Old 06-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #24
Sous Chef

I got a pannini maker for chistmas as well! I recived one last year as well but it had a set mold so that you could only make pannini's with regular sized bread.
This christmas I got a cusine art one (or some such brand) and I adore it!!
I've grilled eggplant and zuccihini and mushrooms and onions an so much more on it!
I love taking torlltia's and putting zucchini, onion, red pepper flakes, and cheese in them, then grilling it all on the pannini press. serve with yoghurt and it's o so good!!

The pannini that I had for lunch today is another favourite of mine. I take a hambuger bun and spread on a sundried and olive tapenade (store bought) along with some cheddar, sliced onion, and sliced roasted red pepper. very good!
I also love to put dill in my grilled cheese sandwich!

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #25
Certified Pretend Chef

I saw a very nice panini/griller/griddle yeaterday. It has interchangeable plates. One set for panini aqnd another set of smooth ones. You can also open it flat and use it to make pancakes etc.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #26
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
I'd say a grilled cheese is a panini. Who knew!
No, a grilled cheese sandwich is a panino! More than one grilled cheese sandwiches would be panini.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:16 PM   #27
Certified Pretend Chef

Old 06-11-2007, 12:10 AM   #28
Executive Chef

I love when these old threads pop up to the top again. (Where'd John go? )

How 'bout a Nutella Panini/Panino/Panooni (or whatever)

Nutella
Bananas
& Ice Cream

OR

Brioche
Nutella
melted butter
Coffee ice cream (or flavor of choice)

Spread slices of brioche with nutella. Brush outside of bread with melted butter. Shmoosh slices together - Grill - serve with ice cream.

My fave Panooni site:

Check out the...

Black and White Tramezzino
Panini Recipe

Toasted Bittersweet Chocolate Panino
Panini Recipe

Don't miss the prosciutto & figs.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:17 AM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mish
I love when these old threads pop up to the top again. (Where'd John go? )

How 'bout a Nutella Panini/Panino/Panooni (or whatever)

Nutella
Bananas
& Ice Cream

OR

Brioche
Nutella
melted butter
Coffee ice cream (or flavor of choice)

Spread slices of brioche with nutella. Brush outside of bread with melted butter. Shmoosh slices together - Grill - serve with ice cream.

My fave Panooni site:

Check out the...

Black and White Tramezzino
Panini Recipe

Toasted Bittersweet Chocolate Panino
Panini Recipe

Don't miss the prosciutto & figs.
Darn it Mish,
I was all set to call it a night. Now you have me debating if it would be worth the trouble of a Paninafratza this time of night ...
Well, maybe tomorrow..if I can sleep
kadesma
Old 06-11-2007, 01:26 AM   #30
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Darn it Mish,
I was all set to call it a night. Now you have me debating if it would be worth the trouble of a Paninafratza this time of night ...
Well, maybe tomorrow..if I can sleep
kadesma
Me too The tuna and artichoke hearts is calling my name, as is the Mozzarella En Carozza (sp). Friday I p/u'd some provalone, roast beef, and assorted goodies from the Deli. I'm tempted to go back in the fridge, but I don't want to turn on the iron (my panooni maker). Go for the fratza. I'll wait - Not... or please tell me tomorrow. :-)