"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #21
Head Chef
 
lindatooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 1,173
We got a Panini grill for Christmas and I think I've used it at least twice a week since! One favorite:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts brined in 2 litres of water with 1/2 C salt and 1/4 cup brown sugar for 30 minutes (no more)

Pound the breasts to even thickness and grill quickly - about 4 minutes total. I use Mexican Seasoning on them and either grill them outside or on the paninni maker.

Allow the chicken to cool slightly and slice on the bias into 1/4" slices.

To make the sandwiches I arrange the chicken slices on the bread, add a layer of provelone cheese and then some sweet red peppers (I get them from the salad bar at the grocery store where they sell Cipollini onions in Balslamic and varieties of olives)

I grill the sandwiches until they are pretty outside and the cheese is melted inside.
__________________

__________________
Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all. Oregon native transplanted to Chicago....
lindatooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindatooo
We got a Panini grill for Christmas and I think I've used it at least twice a week since! One favorite:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts brined in 2 litres of water with 1/2 C salt and 1/4 cup brown sugar for 30 minutes (no more)

Pound the breasts to even thickness and grill quickly - about 4 minutes total. I use Mexican Seasoning on them and either grill them outside or on the paninni maker.

Allow the chicken to cool slightly and slice on the bias into 1/4" slices.

To make the sandwiches I arrange the chicken slices on the bread, add a layer of provelone cheese and then some sweet red peppers (I get them from the salad bar at the grocery store where they sell Cipollini onions in Balslamic and varieties of olives)

I grill the sandwiches until they are pretty outside and the cheese is melted inside.
Hi Linda,
I use my paninni often as well. I like your shcicken paninni, sounds yummy..I pick up some of those cipollini marinated onions now and then..But since the grocery portion of the store now carries them, I've been buying the dry ones and roasting myself..I really enjoy shopping at this market, just ask and they make sure to stock it.

kadesma
__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #23
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,345
I'd say a grilled cheese is a panini. Who knew!
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:16 PM   #24
Sous Chef
 
SurvivorGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada Eh! {Muahaha! ;)}
Posts: 861
I got a pannini maker for chistmas as well! I recived one last year as well but it had a set mold so that you could only make pannini's with regular sized bread.
This christmas I got a cusine art one (or some such brand) and I adore it!!
I've grilled eggplant and zuccihini and mushrooms and onions an so much more on it!
I love taking torlltia's and putting zucchini, onion, red pepper flakes, and cheese in them, then grilling it all on the pannini press. serve with yoghurt and it's o so good!!

The pannini that I had for lunch today is another favourite of mine. I take a hambuger bun and spread on a sundried and olive tapenade (store bought) along with some cheddar, sliced onion, and sliced roasted red pepper. very good!
I also love to put dill in my grilled cheese sandwich!
__________________
It's laisez-faire, I don't even give a care.
Let's make Friday part of the weekend and give every new baby a chocolate eclair.

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #25
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,345
I saw a very nice panini/griller/griddle yeaterday. It has interchangeable plates. One set for panini aqnd another set of smooth ones. You can also open it flat and use it to make pancakes etc.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #26
Head Chef
 
Caine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: CHINATOWN
Posts: 2,314
Send a message via MSN to Caine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
I'd say a grilled cheese is a panini. Who knew!
No, a grilled cheese sandwich is a panino! More than one grilled cheese sandwiches would be panini.
__________________
Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:16 PM   #27
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,345
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:10 AM   #28
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,357
I love when these old threads pop up to the top again. (Where'd John go? )

How 'bout a Nutella Panini/Panino/Panooni (or whatever)

Nutella
Bananas
& Ice Cream

OR

Brioche
Nutella
melted butter
Coffee ice cream (or flavor of choice)


Spread slices of brioche with nutella. Brush outside of bread with melted butter. Shmoosh slices together - Grill - serve with ice cream.

My fave Panooni site:


Check out the...

Black and White Tramezzino
Panini Recipe

Toasted Bittersweet Chocolate Panino
Panini Recipe

Don't miss the prosciutto & figs.
__________________
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:17 AM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by mish
I love when these old threads pop up to the top again. (Where'd John go? )

How 'bout a Nutella Panini/Panino/Panooni (or whatever)

Nutella
Bananas
& Ice Cream

OR

Brioche
Nutella
melted butter
Coffee ice cream (or flavor of choice)


Spread slices of brioche with nutella. Brush outside of bread with melted butter. Shmoosh slices together - Grill - serve with ice cream.

My fave Panooni site:


Check out the...

Black and White Tramezzino
Panini Recipe

Toasted Bittersweet Chocolate Panino
Panini Recipe


Don't miss the prosciutto & figs.
Darn it Mish,
I was all set to call it a night. Now you have me debating if it would be worth the trouble of a Paninafratza this time of night ...
Well, maybe tomorrow..if I can sleep
kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:26 AM   #30
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Darn it Mish,
I was all set to call it a night. Now you have me debating if it would be worth the trouble of a Paninafratza this time of night ...
Well, maybe tomorrow..if I can sleep
kadesma
Me too The tuna and artichoke hearts is calling my name, as is the Mozzarella En Carozza (sp). Friday I p/u'd some provalone, roast beef, and assorted goodies from the Deli. I'm tempted to go back in the fridge, but I don't want to turn on the iron (my panooni maker). Go for the fratza. I'll wait - Not... or please tell me tomorrow. :-)
__________________

__________________
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.