"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #81
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Cranberry Salsa is also very nice. You basically make cranberry sauce (I cut the sugar) but you add chopped onion, hot peppers, cumin, corriander, and lime juice (if you wish). Very nice on turkey or chicken sandwiches.
That sounds divine...I could even adapt a can of whole berry sauce to a salsa. May as well use up what I already have...I'd be tempted to use some chipotle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
It sounds great! I will try the spinach pesto in a wrap or on flatbread with red onion, marinated chicken breast & smoked provolne.. Hence...A special is made. Thanks!
I luv this DC network!
That sounds wonderful, I'd order it!
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #82
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That sounds divine...I could even adapt a can of whole berry sauce to a salsa. May as well use up what I already have...I'd be tempted to use some chipotle!

I don't see why you couldn't use the canned. I always use fresh cranberries, but canned would work. I have used chipote as well as other types of peppers. Just taste it as you go and adjust to your taste. It is much nicer than traditional cranberry sauce with turkey or chicken (or pork). My husband puts it on open-faced grilled swiss cheese sandwiches. (I suspect he puts it on toast in the morning too--it disappears in about 24 hours...). I forgot to mention I toss everything in the food processor and chop it (sometimes), sometimes I don't.
__________________

__________________
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #83
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Cranberry Salsa is also very nice. You basically make cranberry sauce (I cut the sugar) but you add chopped onion, hot peppers, cumin, corriander, and lime juice (if you wish). Very nice on turkey or chicken sandwiches.
What a great idea. All I have done in the past is a cranberry/cream cheese wrap with smoked turkey, diced cucumber, & chopped romaine. I love the idea of cranberry salsa with oven roasted chicken & jalepeno's.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #84
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
What a great idea. All I have done in the past is a cranberry/cream cheese wrap with smoked turkey, diced cucumber, & chopped romaine. I love the idea of cranberry salsa with oven roasted chicken & jalepeno's.
I don't have a recipe for it--I do mine by taste, but if you google it, I can't imagine I'm the only person on the planet who makes cranberry salsa (if I am, I should be marketing it <g>).

We do turkey sandwiches on homemade ww bread with kale, swiss or moz cheese, and cranberry salsa...the sandwiches do tend to be "Dagwood Bumstead" sandwiches, but we love 'em.
__________________
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #85
Head Chef
 
Rob Babcock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
We are in Sioux Falls S.D
The meatless monday is a catchy idea. Thanks!

Hahaha! You're kidding, right? I live in Sioux Falls, too. What's the name of your place? You can PM me if you don't want to name it. I've worked at several places in SF over the last 20 years, doing everything from line cook to Exec Chef. I stepped down from an AKM/Sous job at a very large restaurant in this town to return to school. Now I cook about 30 hours a week for the company I spent the bulk of my time cheffing for.

Anyways, you might want to check out this post in the Special diet section. If you have an oven or toaster oven you can toast the crusts ahead and make these in a couple minutes. And the lavash themselves make very good wraps, with very little in the way of carbs. I even make crackers out of them. Good stuff.

Rob
__________________
If we're not supposed to eat animals, then how come they're made out of meat?
Rob Babcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:39 PM   #86
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Babcock View Post
Hahaha! You're kidding, right? I live in Sioux Falls, too. What's the name of your place? You can PM me if you don't want to name it. I've worked at several places in SF over the last 20 years, doing everything from line cook to Exec Chef. I stepped down from an AKM/Sous job at a very large restaurant in this town to return to school. Now I cook about 30 hours a week for the company I spent the bulk of my time cheffing for.

Anyways, you might want to check out this post in the Special diet section. If you have an oven or toaster oven you can toast the crusts ahead and make these in a couple minutes. And the lavash themselves make very good wraps, with very little in the way of carbs. I even make crackers out of them. Good stuff.

Rob
Those crusts sound like a great idea. I'm going to check them out today.They would be great for the cafe & myself too.
We are Simons Cafe & Catering located inside the Sanford Wellness Center on 49th st. Stop by sometime. We're there 8-3 ,m-f. we cater large & small groups...always.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #87
Senior Cook
 
Joshatdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 369
Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
Not really lunch .. but I can eat this any time: Toasted English Muffin, Mayonnaise & Scrambled/Fried Egg. Oh yeah, lil bit of salt & pepper when frying the egg.

__________________
Joshatdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #88
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post
Not really lunch .. but I can eat this any time: Toasted English Muffin, Mayonnaise & Scrambled/Fried Egg. Oh yeah, lil bit of salt & pepper when frying the egg.

Sounds good, not to sure about the mayonaise on it though.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #89
Senior Cook
 
Joshatdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 369
Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
I've tried it with butter .. didn't give it much flavor .. the mayonnaise gave it a nice zing/tangyness.
__________________
Joshatdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #90
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post
I've tried it with butter .. didn't give it much flavor .. the mayonnaise gave it a nice zing/tangyness.
I use mustard...just perfect!
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lunch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.