"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps

Old 03-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #81
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Cranberry Salsa is also very nice. You basically make cranberry sauce (I cut the sugar) but you add chopped onion, hot peppers, cumin, corriander, and lime juice (if you wish). Very nice on turkey or chicken sandwiches.
That sounds divine...I could even adapt a can of whole berry sauce to a salsa. May as well use up what I already have...I'd be tempted to use some chipotle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
It sounds great! I will try the spinach pesto in a wrap or on flatbread with red onion, marinated chicken breast & smoked provolne.. Hence...A special is made. Thanks!
I luv this DC network!
That sounds wonderful, I'd order it!

Old 03-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #82
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That sounds divine...I could even adapt a can of whole berry sauce to a salsa. May as well use up what I already have...I'd be tempted to use some chipotle!

I don't see why you couldn't use the canned. I always use fresh cranberries, but canned would work. I have used chipote as well as other types of peppers. Just taste it as you go and adjust to your taste. It is much nicer than traditional cranberry sauce with turkey or chicken (or pork). My husband puts it on open-faced grilled swiss cheese sandwiches. (I suspect he puts it on toast in the morning too--it disappears in about 24 hours...). I forgot to mention I toss everything in the food processor and chop it (sometimes), sometimes I don't.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #83
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Cranberry Salsa is also very nice. You basically make cranberry sauce (I cut the sugar) but you add chopped onion, hot peppers, cumin, corriander, and lime juice (if you wish). Very nice on turkey or chicken sandwiches.
What a great idea. All I have done in the past is a cranberry/cream cheese wrap with smoked turkey, diced cucumber, & chopped romaine. I love the idea of cranberry salsa with oven roasted chicken & jalepeno's.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #84
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
What a great idea. All I have done in the past is a cranberry/cream cheese wrap with smoked turkey, diced cucumber, & chopped romaine. I love the idea of cranberry salsa with oven roasted chicken & jalepeno's.
I don't have a recipe for it--I do mine by taste, but if you google it, I can't imagine I'm the only person on the planet who makes cranberry salsa (if I am, I should be marketing it <g>).

We do turkey sandwiches on homemade ww bread with kale, swiss or moz cheese, and cranberry salsa...the sandwiches do tend to be "Dagwood Bumstead" sandwiches, but we love 'em.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #85
Head Chef

Quote:
We are in Sioux Falls S.D
The meatless monday is a catchy idea. Thanks!

Hahaha! You're kidding, right? I live in Sioux Falls, too. What's the name of your place? You can PM me if you don't want to name it. I've worked at several places in SF over the last 20 years, doing everything from line cook to Exec Chef. I stepped down from an AKM/Sous job at a very large restaurant in this town to return to school. Now I cook about 30 hours a week for the company I spent the bulk of my time cheffing for.

Anyways, you might want to check out this post in the Special diet section. If you have an oven or toaster oven you can toast the crusts ahead and make these in a couple minutes. And the lavash themselves make very good wraps, with very little in the way of carbs. I even make crackers out of them. Good stuff.

Rob
Old 03-16-2011, 05:39 PM   #86
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Babcock View Post
Hahaha! You're kidding, right? I live in Sioux Falls, too. What's the name of your place? You can PM me if you don't want to name it. I've worked at several places in SF over the last 20 years, doing everything from line cook to Exec Chef. I stepped down from an AKM/Sous job at a very large restaurant in this town to return to school. Now I cook about 30 hours a week for the company I spent the bulk of my time cheffing for.

Anyways, you might want to check out this post in the Special diet section. If you have an oven or toaster oven you can toast the crusts ahead and make these in a couple minutes. And the lavash themselves make very good wraps, with very little in the way of carbs. I even make crackers out of them. Good stuff.

Rob
Those crusts sound like a great idea. I'm going to check them out today.They would be great for the cafe & myself too.
We are Simons Cafe & Catering located inside the Sanford Wellness Center on 49th st. Stop by sometime. We're there 8-3 ,m-f. we cater large & small groups...always.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #87
Senior Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
Not really lunch .. but I can eat this any time: Toasted English Muffin, Mayonnaise & Scrambled/Fried Egg. Oh yeah, lil bit of salt & pepper when frying the egg.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #88
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post
Not really lunch .. but I can eat this any time: Toasted English Muffin, Mayonnaise & Scrambled/Fried Egg. Oh yeah, lil bit of salt & pepper when frying the egg.

Sounds good, not to sure about the mayonaise on it though.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #89
Senior Cook

Send a message via ICQ to Joshatdot Send a message via AIM to Joshatdot Send a message via MSN to Joshatdot Send a message via Yahoo to Joshatdot Send a message via Skype™ to Joshatdot
I've tried it with butter .. didn't give it much flavor .. the mayonnaise gave it a nice zing/tangyness.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #90
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshatdot View Post
I've tried it with butter .. didn't give it much flavor .. the mayonnaise gave it a nice zing/tangyness.
I use mustard...just perfect!

Tags
lunch