Open faced prosciutto & roquefort-idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We had these for lunch today and even little Ethan dug right in:LOL:
All i did was cut some thick large slices of a country potato bread and a large country rye, I buttered one side then toasted both sides lightly. Removed from oven and topped with roquefort and topped that with prosciutto. Put them back under the broiler and let the cheese begin to melt and the proscuitto get warm. Then we ate them along with a small tossed salad..Yummy :)

kadesma:)

cjs said:
Lordy, what's not to love??? ;)
Trouble is, loving them toooo much and my kids wanting them when there is only enough for one and I want one as well:LOL:

kadesma

ChefJune said:
exactly what I was thinking, too Jean!

Someone was having a salt "jones!" I'm not knocking it... I'm the one with the anchovy sandwich! :rolleyes:
I see you like anchovies too..How do you do your anchovy sandwich? I make one as well:LOL:

kadesma

open-faced baguette slice with romaine lettuce and sometimes tomato... but I've also been known to eat just bread and anchovies! :LOL:

ChefJune said:
open-faced baguette slice with romaine lettuce and sometimes tomato... but I've also been known to eat just bread and anchovies! :LOL:
And I always snitch some when I make dip. But the sandwich I do isone the others look at with raised eyebrows:LOL: That's fine with me, they don't know what they are missing. I just use one of those skinny baguettes and cut into slices, I drain the anchovies, but save the oil and then soak the anchovies about ten minutes in water. Toast the bread, mince the anchovies with the oil, garlic cloves, I use about 4 cloves to two tins of anchovies,, several teaspoons of good red wine vinegar and chopped flat leaf parsley, the mixture is coarse then I smear that on the toasted bread and put it under the broiler til it gets warm, and then I sit and eat and smile:LOL:

kadesma

That would make a nice little appetizer bite on the cocktail pumpernickel or even sourdough white. Thanks. It is a nice little "change".

Gretchen said:
That would make a nice little appetizer bite on the cocktail pumpernickel or even sourdough white. Thanks. It is a nice little "change".
Thanks Gretchen,
I have put it on small toasted rounds of wheat bread, but I think the pumpernickel would be even better.

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom