Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bob

Chef Extraordinaire
How do you make yours??? Jelly on one side...Peanut butter on the other? Jelly on top of the Peanut butter? Or do you mix it....as in mix it well to make a 'spread' of sorts....That's what I do.. I mix ~ How about Plain or Chunky? White or Wheat bread? Any particular brand?

I mix the two...Prefer Chunky....Usually on white....Gotta be Skippy Brand.;)

....And you?

I like smooth or chunky, skippy or yum yum brand. Youngberry or apricot jelly, not mixed just jelly on top. Rye bread, fresh white or on a rice cake :)

Peter Pan or Planters (new) Crunchy with jelly on the top slice. The jelly (not preserves) will be either grape, peach, blackberry or pickly pear.

I eat specially designated plain peanut butter directly from the jar for an occasional snack at night, just like some people eat Nutella. (There is no one else in my household, so I'm allowed to eat directly from the jar.) ;)

White bread, chunky peanut butter that I have to stir the oil down, strawberry preserves. Thick!

I go peanut butter and then jelly on white bread. I've not allowed myself to have one of these for years in fear of making it a habit.

Creamy peanut butter on one slice of white bread and strawberry or apricot or blueberry preserves on the other.

I grew up with Skippy but switched to Jif after a side by side taste test.

Smuckers Natural Smooth Peanut Butter on one side and Smuckers Strawberry or Blackberry Preserves on the other. 100% whole wheat bread or a big fat onion roll. I prefer the onion roll.

Creamy Jiff on super fresh white bread with one side smeared with the Jiff the other with Marionberry or Loganberry jam.But I'm not picky any jam will do.
kades

Ok, BRB. Had to make one. Skippy Natural Super Chunk on toasted multigrain, with Smuckers strawberry jam on top.

Thanks, UB, I needed that!

Last edited:
I had to have one, too...but I had no PB...so I used Sunflower Seed Butter...it was really good!

Maybe later I'll have a Cashew butter and strawberry-rhubarb jam sandwich.

well, I had one the other day.....homemade whole wheat bread, natural peanut butter in an unmarked clear container that does not seperate, homemade wild black raspberry jam spread rather thick.....for a decadent version, toast sandwich in butter in a cast iron skillet..

A thick layer of grape jelly on one side and a generous smear of Jif Natural creamy on the other.

I love creamy peanut butter, I'll eat chunky if I have to but prefer creamy. Jif Natural is one of my very favorite peanut butters, has such a great flavor.

I prefer Jif creamy but apparently I can no longer get it here. So its Kraft creamy with homemade raspberry jam for me. On white bread. Mmmmm.

Jif brand crunchy or creamy depending on my mood.

White, wheat or seedless pale rye. Has to be a soft bread, not a course bread. Sometimes I'll toast the bread.

Peanut butter on one slice, preserves on the other.

I use apple jelly, apple butter, orange marmalade, raspberry, blackberry, boysenberry, strawberry, apricot, peach, pineapple, rhubarb, and blue berry jams and jellies.

I also really like peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Sometimes if I'm using creamy peanut butter I'll mix the honey with the peanut butter but otherwise they go on separate slices and I like to let the honey soak into the bread.

I picked up a bunch of PB&J in case the power went out and we have been enjoying them for the last two days. I like to use white or oatmeal bread. I spread with a enough creamy Natural peanut butter (Skippy I think) to cover the bread. I spread the other slice with some seedless black raspberry jam. Stick them together and pour a big glass of milk. I some times grill them for an even tastier treat.

This morning I had a slice of toasted brioche with crunchy peanut butter and homemade jam on it. Flippin lovely

Some of you have mentioned grilling your pb&j, I had never thought of doing that, i'll be giving that a try soon!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom