Pork Roll Panini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Fry up some pork roll slices. On a roll, put a slice of American or cheddar cheese, pork roll. On outside of roll, butter both sides of it, put the filled roll on the panini grill, heat til cheese melts. Of course you can add what ever else you might like to the panini: egg, tomato , other cheese etc.

Only at Publix Supermarket, in 8 pk., 4 pk. or roll. Not from the deli dept. And it's expensive. I buy the roll and slice and freeze
it in 3 pc. groups. I hoard it like gold though.

Thanks for the idea LC61. I just ordered a panini press and am waiting unpaitiently for it to get here.

Thanks for the idea LC61. I just ordered a panini press and am waiting unpaitiently for it to get here.

I'm sure you will enjoy the panini press. I got mine recently and use it constantly , not only for panini, but for grilling too. I have the Cusinart Griddler.

Only at Publix Supermarket, in 8 pk., 4 pk. or roll. Not from the deli dept. And it's expensive. I buy the roll and slice and freeze
it in 3 pc. groups. I hoard it like gold though.

I like the roll too. I have a food slicer and slice up some for storing in the fridge and I freeze the rest whole. Do you like the mild or tangy one ? I like the tangy.

LC61, mine is a DeLonghi CGH800 Retro Panini Maker/Indoor Grill. I picked it up with reward points from the credit card. I love free stuff.

LadyCook (and anyone else who wants to answer) ...

Do you butter both the outsides of both slices of bread before you grill? If so, with softened butter, melted butter or what?

Lee

LadyCook (and anyone else who wants to answer) ...

Do you butter both the outsides of both slices of bread before you grill? If so, with softened butter, melted butter or what?

Lee

I use softened butter on outsides of both slices . If I am making an Italian panini, I use Olive oil instead of butter.

One little trick, with a french roll put the outside in and the inside out brush with evoo or butter then put in you press with meats and cheese the outside that tends to be a bit hard witll soften and you have a little bit of a different pannini.
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom