Pork Sandwich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure it is delicious, I just can't bring myself to do that to a pork tenderloin when I could do it in medallions instead.

That looks good. I would eat it with some raw red onion, mustard and mayo...
Alix is right in the sense that you could use less expensive cuts for this recipe and have it turn out just as good.

I sometimes pound out slices of tenderloin and make cutlets for recipes such as pork Marsala, parm, saltim boca, etc. It's a nice substitute for veal or chicken and lends itself to cutletizing. I don't make them as big as the guy in the blog.

Do we know who that was? A DC member?

I always try to make more schnitzel than we will eat. We love schnitzel sandwiches. Really liked them at a German restaurant called Checkpoint Charlie.

I use thin sliced boneless pork chops, cut in half, seasoned with steak rub, lightly pan fried. Then I make them into sliders on potato rolls...yum! and no deep frying.

I almost always use pork tenderloin for snitzel. I used to buy the roast, freeze to firm, then slice thin, refreeze (it didn't freeze the first time and right back in the freezer before it warms at all). Much cheaper than veal and more flavorful than chicken or turkey I used to use. Now both grocery stores sell the loin thin cut, sop I just pound the daylights out of it. And of course fried tenderloin sandwiches are a huge upper Midwest dish, available at most small-town restaurants and county or state fairs.

Sliders started out being mini burgers. You'd get three or so in an order. Now the term applies to most any mini sandwich on a bun.

taxlady said:
What is a slider?

Usually it's a little, 2 bite sized burger, think White Castle. PF's pork chop slider sounds good!

Last edited:
taxlady said:
I have heard of White Castle. I don't think they have any in Canada.

We don't have one here either. They have the WC sliders in the frozen food section of some stores, again, not here. DH grew up on them and loved them, particularily after a night of carousing.

Back
Top Bottom