"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Breads, Pizza & Sandwiches > Sandwiches & Wraps
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Salmon Sandwich-rec.

Well, we did it again Good friend was here today and we had a lot of fun with her trying to convince me that YES I did love salmon To be truthful, I really am not a salmon lover, but this oh boy it was good.
She had poaced a slamon and now it was for me to figure out what to do with it soooo, I figured, lets make something to cover up the taste of the fish, I know Bad ma bad ma...
I took some cream cheese some minced shallots,lemon juice salt and pepper and mixed them into a spreadable paste, opened up some crusty french rolls and spread the cream cheese on both sides, then placed some of the flaked salmon on top of the cheese mix..We tore up some butter lettuce and fresh basil, mixed them with a lemon,shallot vinegrette and then topped the salmon with the salad a little salt and pepper..We ended up with 6 sandwiches for her, my two daughters and myself..Needless to say I sent the left overs home with the girls We had the sandwishes, fat juicy slices of tuscan melon and iced tea..Kind of messy, but heck, you can always lick your fingers!!
I guess I don't dislike salmon anymore cuz, I'd make this again in a wink

kadesma

__________________

__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,357
Yum. Sign me up for a salmon sammich (or salad, or anything salmon). Can I sneak some cold asparagus and tomaters in there too? A salmon sammich on foccacia would be yummy - or salmon and cream cheese (herb) wrapped in puff pastry (salmon wellington). Butter lettuce, I usually like in a salad (asparagus, tomatoes & vinaigrette, etc), but any green will work for me. Thanks, kadesma.
__________________

__________________
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 415
Copper River Salmon is in our restaurants & fish markets right now. last night I had it at a local spot just grilled - it was Fabulous. Can't imagine wanting to cover up that flavor. Funny though my daughter does not care for salmon but she likes salmon sushi!! That's what makes the world go around.
__________________
Barbara
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by mish
Yum. Sign me up for a salmon sammich (or salad, or anything salmon). Can I sneak some cold asparagus and tomaters in there too? A salmon sammich on foccacia would be yummy - or salmon and cream cheese (herb) wrapped in puff pastry (salmon wellington). Butter lettuce, I usually like in a salad (asparagus, tomatoes & vinaigrette, etc), but any green will work for me. Thanks, kadesma.
Mish, you're signed up No need to sneak in the asparagus or tomatoes, anytime you have a suggestion I listen Will give those a try the next time. Thanks for the ideas..Oh, I found some wonder tiny baby mixed lettuces and am going to try tose in the next great sandwich expierment..
kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara
Copper River Salmon is in our restaurants & fish markets right now. last night I had it at a local spot just grilled - it was Fabulous. Can't imagine wanting to cover up that flavor. Funny though my daughter does not care for salmon but she likes salmon sushi!! That's what makes the world go around.
Hi Barbara,
I don't know why I've never been fond of salmon, my whole family loves it..I always go for shrimp,calamari,lobster and pass on salmon. I think it's just to oily for me. But here is the odd thing, set out smoked salmon,shad or trout, and I can't get enough..I'm beginning to think it's the way it was cooked that threw me! This sandwich was really very good...And a new beginning!

kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #6
Master Chef
 
PA Baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: USA, Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
To be truthful, I really am not a salmon lover, but this oh boy it was good.
She had poaced a slamon and now it was for me to figure out what to do with it soooo, I figured, lets make something to cover up the taste of the fish, I know Bad ma bad ma...
This is the only way I like to eat salmon, too, kads! Every once in awhile I tell myself that it's time to eat it again since it's so good for you. I put it off and put it off but if I find the right recipe, I'm always glad I made it. Yours is now on the top of my list!
__________________
-A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand
PA Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:08 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
This is the only way I like to eat salmon, too, kads! Every once in awhile I tell myself that it's time to eat it again since it's so good for you. I put it off and put it off but if I find the right recipe, I'm always glad I made it. Yours is now on the top of my list!
I enjoyed it Pa and I'd gladly make it again..I use to look at salmon like I did at Cod Liver Oil as a kid

kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:34 AM   #8
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
I love salmon but when I read the title of this thread I inwardly thought "yuck!" I read your recipe though and it sounds delicious! I guess my first reaction was because I was picturing a solid piece of fish. I am not a huge fan of fish or chicken on a sandwich, unless it is tuna or chicken salad. I will be making this one!

Barbara
__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:12 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
I love salmon but when I read the title of this thread I inwardly thought "yuck!" I read your recipe though and it sounds delicious! I guess my first reaction was because I was picturing a solid piece of fish. I am not a huge fan of fish or chicken on a sandwich, unless it is tuna or chicken salad. I will be making this one!

Barbara
Barb,
I know what you mean, I hate a thick piece of anything slapped on a roll as a sandwish..I love chicken salad,but not a whole piece of chicken, it's tough to chew yukko I looked at that big ol piece of poaced salmon and wanted to cry But some of it came off as I moved it and I got the bright idea to flake it and that worked...So all in all a new treat for me and one i'll do again.

kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #10
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Kadesma,

As soon as I saw that you were the one who posted it I should have known that it was going to be good! If you posted a recipe called Dry Shoe Leather and Rusty Nails Salad, I'm sure it would be good! I haven't seen a bad one from you yet!

Barbara
__________________

__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.