Salmon Sandwich-rec.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Well, we did it again:LOL: Good friend was here today and we had a lot of fun with her trying to convince me that YES I did love salmon:ohmy: To be truthful, I really am not a salmon lover, but this oh boy it was good.
She had poaced a slamon and now it was for me to figure out what to do with it:huh: soooo, I figured, lets make something to cover up the taste of the fish, I know Bad ma bad ma...
I took some cream cheese some minced shallots,lemon juice salt and pepper and mixed them into a spreadable paste, opened up some crusty french rolls and spread the cream cheese on both sides, then placed some of the flaked salmon on top of the cheese mix..We tore up some butter lettuce and fresh basil, mixed them with a lemon,shallot vinegrette and then topped the salmon with the salad a little salt and pepper..We ended up with 6 sandwiches for her, my two daughters and myself..Needless to say I sent the left overs home with the girls:LOL: We had the sandwishes, fat juicy slices of tuscan melon and iced tea..Kind of messy, but heck, you can always lick your fingers!!
I guess I don't dislike salmon anymore cuz, I'd make this again in a wink:LOL:

kadesma

Yum. Sign me up for a salmon sammich (or salad, or anything salmon). Can I sneak some cold asparagus and tomaters in there too? A salmon sammich on foccacia would be yummy - or salmon and cream cheese (herb) wrapped in puff pastry (salmon wellington). Butter lettuce, I usually like in a salad (asparagus, tomatoes & vinaigrette, etc), but any green will work for me. :LOL: Thanks, kadesma.

Last edited:
Copper River Salmon is in our restaurants & fish markets right now. last night I had it at a local spot just grilled - it was Fabulous. Can't imagine wanting to cover up that flavor. Funny though my daughter does not care for salmon but she likes salmon sushi!! That's what makes the world go around.

mish said:
Yum. Sign me up for a salmon sammich (or salad, or anything salmon). Can I sneak some cold asparagus and tomaters in there too? A salmon sammich on foccacia would be yummy - or salmon and cream cheese (herb) wrapped in puff pastry (salmon wellington). Butter lettuce, I usually like in a salad (asparagus, tomatoes & vinaigrette, etc), but any green will work for me. :LOL: Thanks, kadesma.
Mish, you're signed up:LOL: No need to sneak in the asparagus or tomatoes, anytime you have a suggestion I listen:) Will give those a try the next time. Thanks for the ideas..Oh, I found some wonder tiny baby mixed lettuces and am going to try tose in the next great sandwich expierment..
kadesma:-p

Barbara said:
Copper River Salmon is in our restaurants & fish markets right now. last night I had it at a local spot just grilled - it was Fabulous. Can't imagine wanting to cover up that flavor. Funny though my daughter does not care for salmon but she likes salmon sushi!! That's what makes the world go around.
Hi Barbara,
I don't know why I've never been fond of salmon, my whole family loves it..I always go for shrimp,calamari,lobster and pass on salmon. I think it's just to oily for me. But here is the odd thing, set out smoked salmon,shad or trout, and I can't get enough..I'm beginning to think it's the way it was cooked that threw me! This sandwich was really very good...And a new beginning!

kadesma

kadesma said:
To be truthful, I really am not a salmon lover, but this oh boy it was good.
She had poaced a slamon and now it was for me to figure out what to do with it:huh: soooo, I figured, lets make something to cover up the taste of the fish, I know Bad ma bad ma...

This is the only way I like to eat salmon, too, kads!:LOL: Every once in awhile I tell myself that it's time to eat it again since it's so good for you. I put it off and put it off but if I find the right recipe, I'm always glad I made it. Yours is now on the top of my list!:) :) :)

PA Baker said:
This is the only way I like to eat salmon, too, kads!:LOL: Every once in awhile I tell myself that it's time to eat it again since it's so good for you. I put it off and put it off but if I find the right recipe, I'm always glad I made it. Yours is now on the top of my list!:) :) :)
I enjoyed it Pa and I'd gladly make it again..I use to look at salmon like I did at Cod Liver Oil as a kid:LOL:

kadesma

I love salmon but when I read the title of this thread I inwardly thought "yuck!" I read your recipe though and it sounds delicious! I guess my first reaction was because I was picturing a solid piece of fish. I am not a huge fan of fish or chicken on a sandwich, unless it is tuna or chicken salad. I will be making this one!

:) Barbara

Barbara L said:
I love salmon but when I read the title of this thread I inwardly thought "yuck!" I read your recipe though and it sounds delicious! I guess my first reaction was because I was picturing a solid piece of fish. I am not a huge fan of fish or chicken on a sandwich, unless it is tuna or chicken salad. I will be making this one!

Barb,
I know what you mean, I hate a thick piece of anything slapped on a roll as a sandwish..I love chicken salad,but not a whole piece of chicken, it's tough to chew yukko I looked at that big ol piece of poaced salmon and wanted to cry:LOL: But some of it came off as I moved it and I got the bright idea to flake it and that worked...So all in all a new treat for me and one i'll do again.

kadesma

Kadesma,

As soon as I saw that you were the one who posted it I should have known that it was going to be good! If you posted a recipe called Dry Shoe Leather and Rusty Nails Salad, I'm sure it would be good! I haven't seen a bad one from you yet!

Barbara L said:
Kadesma,

As soon as I saw that you were the one who posted it I should have known that it was going to be good! If you posted a recipe called Dry Shoe Leather and Rusty Nails Salad, I'm sure it would be good! I haven't seen a bad one from you yet!

I'll just have to put on my thinking cap and see what I come up with..Dry shoe leather and rusty nails, Hummmmm:LOL:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom