Sandwich, Sarnie, Butty etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
I have been very impressed by the menu's for your Thanksgiving holiday.
It is a bit of a tradition over here to use the cold left overs from Christmas lunch for sarnie's that evening, do you do the same on thanksgiving.
My fav is two slices of white sourdough spread with gravy, a thin sliced layer of cold roast pots smeared with cranberry sauce, a layer of chestnut stuffing, a layer of cold turkey smeared with bread sauce, a layer of sliced roast parsnips, a layer of crisp bacon bits.

What is your fav Sandwich?

if you are asking what is my favourite thanksgiving leftover sandwich, i'd have to say a thick sliced soft white slice, topped with small slices and erstwhile bits of dark and white turkey meat that's been reheated in turkey gravy, herb sausage/onion/celery/mushroom stuffing, drizzled with a bit more hot gravy, cold whole berry cranberry sauce, s&p, and another thick slice of soft white bread.

Okay, I have had some fantastic Deli Sarnies in the US, these are my current Top 5 in the UK.
1 the Humble Chip(french fry) Sarnie, coat two pieces of white Bloomer with Helmans and pack with thick cut, home made crispy French Fries.
2 Hot Saltbeet(corned beef) on London Rye smeared with English mustard.
3 Cold Wiener Schnitzel on buttered W/Sourdough with slice of Gruyere.
4 The Bacon Butty, toasted Wholemeal smeared with HP fruity, crispy streaky bacon, a fried egg.
5 Formans wild Scottish smoked salmon in a proper sliced bagel, dolloped with cream cheese, very fine slices of red onion, lots of black pepper and a squeeze of lemon.

Step up you butty beasts and give me your Fab Five

Ham & Swiss cheese with mayo on ciabatta.
Hungarian pepper salami and jarred pimentos on ciabatta.
Scrambled eggs and bacon on a buttered toasted Kaiser roll.
Katz’s pastrami on crusty sour rye bread.
Cold roast pork or hot roast beef with gravy or cold roast beef with mayo on a Kaiser roll.
BLT on white toast.
Crab salad or tinned tuna (packed in olive oil) salad, or chicken salad, or egg salad and bacon on white toast.

BATS on croissant with spicy brown mustard.

BATS=Bacon, Avocado, Tomato and alfalfa or radish Sprouts.

Okay, I have had some fantastic Deli Sarnies in the US, these are my current Top 5 in the UK.
1 the Humble Chip(french fry) Sarnie, coat two pieces of white Bloomer with Helmans and pack with thick cut, home made crispy French Fries.
2 Hot Saltbeet(corned beef) on London Rye smeared with English mustard.
3 Cold Wiener Schnitzel on buttered W/Sourdough with slice of Gruyere.
4 The Bacon Butty, toasted Wholemeal smeared with HP fruity, crispy streaky bacon, a fried egg.
5 Formans wild Scottish smoked salmon in a proper sliced bagel, dolloped with cream cheese, very fine slices of red onion, lots of black pepper and a squeeze of lemon.

Step up you butty beasts and give me your Fab Five

I'll take a #1 with extra salt and a couple of drops of malt vinegar, a #2 as is, ditto with #3 (maybe make that two of them!:)), and a #5 with some fresh dill!

As for my own fab five I will have to think on it!

1. Turkey or chicken breast slices with Swiss cheese, bacon and lots of mayo on Rye, grilled.

2. BLT. Usually don't have lettuce on hand, but add Swiss cheese and occasionally fried egg, on Rye toast.

3. Tuna, egg, or chicken salad on toasted 12 Grain bread.

4. Ham & Swiss on Rye, grilled to melt the cheese.

5. Corned beef or Pastrami with Swiss on Rye, grilled

6. Cuban

Sorry, I need them ALL.

One more - from summertime - sliced tomato, Swiss, Vidalia (sweet) onion, Hellman's, on buttered whole wheat, flattened in the pan 'til the cheese oozes out.

For T'giving leftovers, open face turkey breast w/gravy on whatever bread.

Back
Top Bottom