Sandwich Surprise and Tea TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Having a party? Want some appies? This will work deprnding how you cut them. You will need 1 cup of cooked chicken diced.1/2 cup of chopped dates, 1/4 cup toasted walnuts or almonds, 1/4 crisp crumbled bacon, 1/2 cup mayo, salt and pepper and 12 slices of thin white bread. Combine everything except bread, mix well and then spread on the bread that you've buttered. Trim off the crusts and then cut into desired number of triangles. I'd cut into 6-8 triangles per slice for my gang. If you're having a luncheon cut into 2, 4 per slice for tea,
Enjoy these are so good with a cool drink like this one for Ginger tea.
you will need 4-1/4 inch thick slices of ginger root,1/4 cup of light brown sugar and 6 cups of boiling water, Bruise the ginger root with the flat side of a large knife. Place in a 6 cup tea pot along with the sugar and boiling water. No I didn't forget a thing, maybe tall glasses and Ice...No real tea involved.
kades

Kades, is there any combination you won't try? Lol! Sure it's good but it scares me a little :)

I'm glad to see a recipe using dates, they seem to have fallen by the wayside with younger folks.
Scares you how Snip?;) And no the only thing I really don't care for is Okra that scares me some.:ohmy: I love dates,bacon,apples, and It's sweet and tasty.So why does this scare you? I'm pushing can't you tell. Or you might say being a pest:ROFLMAO:
Aunt Bea I adore dates, I guess the texture is often strange to the yunger crowd, they have know idea what they are missing.:yum:
kades

Scares you how Snip?;) And no the only thing I really don't care for is Okra that scares me some.:ohmy: I love dates,bacon,apples, and It's sweet and tasty.So why does this scare you? I'm pushing can't you tell. Or you might say being a pest:ROFLMAO:
Aunt Bea I adore dates, I guess the texture is often strange to the yunger crowd, they have know idea what they are missing.:yum:
kades

I'll answer any question any time Aunt B. I love dates and all the other ingredients in this recipe. It's the thought of mayo on my dates that scares me :huh:
It was actually just a little joke between Kades and I, we both like odd combo's but this one is a bit scary :LOL:
Kinda like the peanut butter and sandwich spread sarnies I used to eat as a kid.
Push away Aunt B, I've had my cheeks pulled many times :ROFLMAO:

I don't like mayo. Any ideas for what else might be good with this combo?

Not sure what to tell you the mayo is to hold the other ingredients together, you might try miracle whip or even a little butter, what else escapes me right now. I'm sorry
kades

How about a little buttermilk, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream or cream cheese thinned with some milk.

Not exactly low calorie, but that has never been my strong suit! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

kadesma said:
Not sure what to tell you the mayo is to hold the other ingredients together, you might try miracle whip or even a little butter, what else escapes me right now. I'm sorry
kades

Oh no...miracle whip is yucky to me too. The butter might work. Hmmmm

Aunt Bea said:
How about a little buttermilk, heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream or cream cheese thinned with some milk.

Not exactly low calorie, but that has never been my strong suit! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Oh, the cream cheese might work. That sounds good. Thanks!

Oh, the cream cheese might work. That sounds good. Thanks!
I agree to the cream cheese but milk is not going to get it to hold together. Yes I'd soften that cream cheese and give that a whirl.
kades

Last edited:
kadesma said:
I agree to the cram cheese but milk is not going to get it to hold together. Yes I'd soften that cream cheese and give that a whirl.
kades

That's what I was thinking.

Snip 13 said:
I'm not a mayo fan either, sometimes I mix soft cheese spread with sour cream or milk instead of mayo for dips etc.

Thanks Snip. That would work too!

Sounds interesting and lovely Kades :yum:

Having a party? Want some appies? This will work deprnding how you cut them. You will need 1 cup of cooked chicken diced.1/2 cup of chopped dates, 1/4 cup toasted walnuts or almonds, 1/4 crisp crumbled bacon, 1/2 cup mayo, salt and pepper and 12 slices of thin white bread. Combine everything except bread, mix well and then spread on the bread that you've buttered. Trim off the crusts and then cut into desired number of triangles. I'd cut into 6-8 triangles per slice for my gang. If you're having a luncheon cut into 2, 4 per slice for tea,
Enjoy these are so good with a cool drink like this one for Ginger tea.
you will need 4-1/4 inch thick slices of ginger root,1/4 cup of light brown sugar and 6 cups of boiling water, Bruise the ginger root with the flat side of a large knife. Place in a 6 cup tea pot along with the sugar and boiling water. No I didn't forget a thing, maybe tall glasses and Ice...No real tea involved.
kades

Try some creme' fresche, or Neufachelle cheese. Plain yogurt, mixed with a little canned milk might work well with this combo as well. Marscapone cheese would probably substitute nicely.

But I'm thinking that the creme fresche, with a hint of lemon and onion would be great.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom