Sandwich wraps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
I just bought Roasted Red Pepper Wrap, what would be good in it ? I've made other sandwich wraps but not with the roasted red pepper one.

Chicken, mayo, and fresh spinach
salami, provolone, pesto
cream cheese, lettuce, bacon

I just bought Roasted Red Pepper Wrap, what would be good in it ? I've made other sandwich wraps but not with the roasted red pepper one.
LC, cheese and spinach are my favorites..I love to take roasted peppers and eggplant, put them on sliced open foccacia, top with provalone, I put mayo mixed with some basil and a little curshed garlic, then put it in my paninni press. Yummers:LOL:
kades

LC, cheese and spinach are my favorites..I love to take roasted peppers and eggplant, put them on sliced open foccacia, top with provalone, I put mayo mixed with some basil and a little curshed garlic, then put it in my paninni press. Yummers:LOL:
kades
that sounds good. The wrap itself is made of red peppers. There are other flavored wraps too.

A caprese salad in a wrap would be good. So basil, fresh slices of mozzarella, some sweet tomatoes sliced thinly and salt, black pepper and splash of lemon juice and olive oil. Simple but good. You can cut in half or make smaller rounds. Should go well with the red bell pepper flavors.

Another thing that may also go well (I have tried it with a regular wrap not the the red bell pepper one but dont see why it would not work). Some tilapia, marinated in lemon juice, red pepper flakes, chopped garlic, freshly chopped parsley and fresh dill and then grilled or pan fried. Served in this wrap with some shredded lettuce and a splash of home made italian dressing - olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper). Almost like a fish taco with a twist.

Just last night I had a vegetable wrap with cabbage, carrot, cucumber, zucchini, mozz cheese and alittle mayo. I warmed that in the oven so the cheese melted a bit. YUM!

Actually sometimes I recommend to people to find a fairly thin tortilla and you can make a spicy peanut sauce to brush on it and fill it with ingredients that you might find in a fresh spring roll such as finely shredded cabbage, cilantro, mint, pickled ginger, green onions cut on the bias, finely shredded carrots, chopped nuts, even a little cooked rock shrimp or grilled chicken. Sometimes people either can't find fresh egg roll wrappers because an asian market isn't close by or they have trouble building them in a spring roll wrapper. The great thing about these they can easily be prepped the night before, built quickly in the morning and be carried off to work or school.

Back
Top Bottom